whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 14 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by wimpy Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:35 am

Max Beattie at training last night.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 14 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Titan2 Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:49 am

wimpy wrote:I just don't know how fit Patrick Weckert will be and his availability for the coming season. He is in the state's U19 cricket team for the national carnival that starts in Adelaide on 15 December and has also been added to the Australian U19's squad.
His availability I assume will depend on what sport he decides to concentrate on.

Weckert seems to be an interesting character by the sounds of it. He appears to have loads of talent but to be undecided at this stage whether he will be focussing on Cricket or Football at his age and this late is a little bit odd.

His peers who are focussing on football will be having big pre-seasons with their Clubs, trying to get exposure to training with senior squads and doing what they can to play senior football at the highest possible levels and to perform well. The decision he made last season to blow off making his debut for the Eagles league side in favour of representing his school for a minor final as part of the college competition is understandable from a college perspective but from his own personal football development probably wasn't the smartest. I'm sure most AFL clubs would also be privately hoping he dedicates himself to the Eagles pre-season and has a big year in 2023 to get the most out of himself.

I hope Patrick fully dedicates himself to football not only because he could be huge asset for the Eagles next season but also because I enjoy watching former-Eagles players representing on the national stage in the AFL.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:29 am

Yes, Wimpy. the development State squad is for the best U18s going into next year - Eagle boys like Scott Welsh, Charlie West and others will have 2 years in the squad
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Mickyj, have you heard anything more from your source about our further recruits.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:36 pm

How has Jimmy Rowe been training?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:10 pm

Last season, didn't we gain Dylan Clarke late in our pre-season because he was an AFL "train-on" player who was rejected late and then wanted to try out in Adelaide? Hpefully, the Eagles might have their eyes on 1- 2 of these "train-on" players and make a play if the AFL club turns them away.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:49 pm

goddy11 wrote:How has Jimmy Rowe been training?

His first run after getting back from four weeks in Europe was a bit tardy, but has now picked up the pace and appears to be as cheery as ever. Expect him to play an integral part as an on baller.
R. Collier Dawkins + Jimmy Rowe Vs K. Mutch + D. Clarke what pair would you take, have we gained or lost.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Wimpy, speaking of Kobe Mutch, coincidentally, I last night I watched (for the 10th time) the 2021 grand final and it just reinforced what a huge game Mutch played - coming into 2022 season, the Eagles could have expected his form to continue but he never played anything remotely near that standard this season. Let's hope he never rises to his GF standard against the Eagles.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:26 pm

I have a "theory" that a lot of players, once that they have got a premiership, consider that is ticked of their things to do, and lose interest in SANFL/go off the boil. They go on to do other things in their life.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:27 pm

hawke wrote:Wimpy, speaking of Kobe Mutch, coincidentally, I last night I watched (for the 10th time) the 2021 grand final and it just reinforced what a huge game Mutch played - coming into 2022 season, the Eagles could have expected his form to continue but he never played anything remotely near that standard this season. Let's hope he never rises to his GF standard against the Eagles.

It was his highlight for us.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Have we seen D'aloia out there or is he a train on player somewhere. Poor kid must be devastated. Was rank a high pick this time last year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:33 pm

Martin Frederick this week is meeting with 3 WAFL clubs to go with multiple SANFL club offers. He will decide next week.
(I can handle losing him to WAFL but would find it very disappointing if he lines up AGAINST us in the SANFL)
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:28 pm

hawke wrote:Martin Frederick this week is meeting with 3 WAFL clubs to go with multiple SANFL club offers. He will decide next week.
(I can handle losing him to WAFL but would find it very disappointing if he lines up AGAINST us in the SANFL)

Ooch if that happens. Played some good footy last year. I hope we are into him.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:31 pm

hawke wrote:Martin Frederick this week is meeting with 3 WAFL clubs to go with multiple SANFL club offers. He will decide next week.

He'd be a welcome addition to our team but, in all honesty, given our current team from this year and who we have recruited already another half back flanker should be a distant priority against securing another two key position players and another ruckman.

When he was delisted I always thought he'd be the type of player who Port would recruit onto their SANFL list. I wonder which other SANFL clubs have made offers? In the last decade or so it feels like the clubs we've mostly lost 'league ready' players to have been North (McDonough, Allmond), South (Broadbent, Karpeny) and Sturt (McMahon, Sumner). I don't recall losing anyone to Glenelg, West, Norwood or Centrals
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:31 pm

goddy11 wrote:Have we seen D'aloia out there or is he a train on player somewhere. Poor kid must be devastated. Was rank a high pick this time last year.

Don't think he's missed a session yet. Looking extremely fit and determined.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:58 pm

I agree, Titan. Martin Frederick doesn't fit our urgent need of tall key forwards/defenders (and I'm not considering 192cm "tall" - I'm meaning 195cm plus)
However, Frederick would handle centre-wing position very well and give us some speed that we lack. Comes down to price vs need.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:37 pm

hawke wrote:I agree, Titan. Martin Frederick doesn't fit our urgent need of tall key forwards/defenders (and I'm not considering 192cm "tall" - I'm meaning 195cm plus)
However, Frederick would handle centre-wing position very well and give us some speed that we lack. Comes down to price vs need.

Exactly. I think the eagles staff would love him at the club but I don't think would be prepared to given him big coin to secure him when there are other priorities. That said, I think someone like him would at this stage be putting remuneration secondary to a club that could offer him the best pathway back to the AFL. He's still young enough to get another crack. In this regard, he'd be looking at 1. opportunity to play in this position of his choice 2. a strong club that will go deep into finals as this will likely assist him to get more possessions and will also allow them to demonstrate their ability playing higher intensity finals footy. If this is the case then perhaps the Eagles have a chance.

That said, if there is a club that allows him the best chance to pursue his AFL dream AND is prepared to pay him big coin then it's a no brainer.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:38 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Have we seen D'aloia out there or is he a train on player somewhere. Poor kid must be devastated. Was rank a high pick this time last year.

He is someone I will enjoy watching this year given he will come with the right attitude and desire.

I would love him to have a ripper season with the eagles, provide the doubters wrong and get drafted onto a list for season 2024
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:33 pm

Titan2 wrote:

He'd be a welcome addition to our team but, in all honesty, given our current team from this year and who we have recruited already another half back flanker should be a distant priority against securing another two key position players and another ruckman.

When he was delisted I always thought he'd be the type of player who Port would recruit onto their SANFL list. I wonder which other SANFL clubs have made offers? In the last decade or so it feels like the  clubs we've mostly  lost 'league ready' players to have been North (McDonough, Allmond), South (Broadbent, Karpeny) and Sturt (McMahon, Sumner). I don't recall losing anyone to Glenelg, West, Norwood or Centrals

not AFL players anyway. Conner and Haylock
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:35 pm

wimpy wrote:

Fantastic.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:How has Jimmy Rowe been training?

His first run after getting back from four weeks in Europe was a bit tardy, but has now picked up the pace and appears to be as cheery as ever. Expect him to play an integral part as an on baller.
R. Collier Dawkins + Jimmy Rowe  Vs  K. Mutch + D. Clarke what pair would you take, have we gained or lost.

Rowe is a fair bit better than Clarke, who is slightly better than Mutch. Would be happy if Collier-Dawkins can contribute to Clarke or Mutch's level - they were solid players, although Mutch dropped off significantly towards the latter part of the season. I am more excited about what D'Aloia might offer us on ball in 2023 than Collier-Dawkins, but I think our recruiting has us well placed in terms of talent. Will depend on the want of the group, how much they put in over the pre-season and a bit of luck!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:33 am

Just some info. not related to footy. Patrick Weckert Vs Tassie in U19s national cricket carnival, 2/33, 6 runs and 2 catches.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Jared Polec is joining the Eagles.....
The Yarraville - Seddon Eagles in the Western Region League in Melbourne as a playing assistant.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:16 pm

Columbo wrote:Jared Polec is joining the Eagles.....
The Yarraville - Seddon Eagles in the Western Region League in Melbourne as a playing assistant.

Would have been handy for the B's. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:51 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Columbo wrote:Jared Polec is joining the Eagles.....

Would have been handy for the B's. Very Happy

As a North Melbourne supporter I think he was still in the best 22 last year, he just couldn't stay injury free though, maybe too many games at Marvel over the last few years.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next