whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 15 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Aerie Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:23 pm

wimpy wrote:Just some info. not related to footy. Patrick Weckert Vs Tassie in U19s national cricket carnival, 2/33, 6 runs and 2 catches.

Would he be eligible for U19's cricket next year too?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 15 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by wimpy Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:11 am

Aerie wrote:
wimpy wrote:Just some info. not related to footy. Patrick Weckert Vs Tassie in U19s national cricket carnival, 2/33, 6 runs and 2 catches.

Would he be eligible for U19's cricket next year too?

Born 23/1/2005. Still only 17 yo. I think he would be eligible again next year. SACA pushing him real hard to make cricket his choice of professions.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:17 pm

Just casually looking through the lists for tall SSP draft players that might become available. And of course, chances of getting these players to come to Adelaide is remote. But........ wonder whether Luke Powell would give him a try.
Joshua Eyre delisted from Essendon but asked to try out with them for SSP draft. 198cm. 85kg 20yrs old Key position player with big marking forward or defence. Good skills. If Essendon were serious, they would have put him on their Rookie List. Looks stronger overhead than Conor Ballenden. A signing like Eyre would lift our aspirations at once from 6th to 3rd !! But every VFL club would want him also!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:43 am

Had a look at the 2km time trial last Saturday morning. Kai Pudney won the trial, Zac Buck was second followed over by a group of three together, Luke Beecken, Comma and Will Pearce.
Of the younger ones Beecken, Buck and Will Pearce are looking extremely fit.
I was very surprised at the effort and determination that Buck and Pearce have put in, it appears they will not give up their position in the first 22 very easily.
Some players did their run on Friday and some interstaters missed as they had gone home. Players looking very fit at this time.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:41 am

Poulter is training with the Western bulldogs
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:33 pm

I believe Marty Frederick will be at Sturt next year.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:39 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Poulter is training with the Western bulldogs

Girlfriend is from Melbourne and wants to stay there. He was the one I thought would be hard to get back.

With Frederick I think we have recruited similar types (Josh Mawson, Sam Tilley and Max Beattie) and with Williams and Rowe back, I'm not overly concerned at missing out. I think the Eagles will be entitled to a nice little pay packet from the double blues.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:43 pm

I believe the Eagles landed the recruits they really wanted - Collier Dawkins and Beattie especially (who Sturt also chased hard I might add).
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:16 pm

The Barton wrote:I believe the Eagles landed the recruits they really wanted - Collier Dawkins and Beattie especially (who Sturt also chased hard I might add).

I think ruckman David Brinker-Ritchie tooooooooooo.

You're right "The Barton", I believe Sturt offered Beattie more money but we got him a job. (Maybe Frederick is payback).

Very happy with our recruiting, all under 24yo but we have left enough openings to encourage our juniors.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 am

Happy new year all. Hope all is well and getting better for all.
Hope all is well Mickey with your treatment. Speedy recovery.

Non player related I receive my statement the other day. Seem to be good results finance wise both at the club and Eagles club. Congrats to management in tough time. Now onwards to a 2023 PREMIERSHIP.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:Happy new year all. Hope all is well and getting better for all.

Non player related I receive my statement the other day. Seem to be good results finance wise both at the club and Eagles club.  Congrats to management in tough time. Now onwards to a 2023 PREMIERSHIP.

Happy New Year all! I'm feeling really excited about the upcoming season and keen to see how our very new looking squad performs.

Goody - I'm a member but I have not received any statement from the Club on this. Are you referring to the Annual Report? Or is there an online link for this?

Back to the footy Smile There are still recruits looking to shift leagues at this point. Some of the recruits training with AFL clubs for a potential SSP, for instance. Most of these will miss out and will be looking to assess their options.

Another possibility......what about Northern Territory? Wasn't Macfarlane playing in the NT league and only joined us very late in the pre-season the year he joined us?

Some NT journo recently published a list of the top 25 players currently going about there this season. Some familiar names amongst them and a mix of players at different ages and experiences. I would have hoped the club used last season's expedition to the NT to lift the club's profile so perhaps there are opportunities to lure 1-2 of these blokes down to our club?

NT FOOTBALL TOP PLAYERS – 2022/23:
The Full List –
1 – Dylan Landt (St Marys)
2 – Baxter Mensch (Palmerston)
3 – Steven Motlop (Wanderers)
4 – Brodie Filo (Nightcliff)
5 – Mitch Robinson (Darwin Buffaloes)
6 – Matt Dennis (Southern Districts)
7 – Jayden Magro (Waratah)
8 – Nathaniel Paredes (St Marys)
9 – Luke Smith (Southern Districts)
10 – Ryan Nyhuis (Nightcliff)
11 – Jarrod Stokes (Darwin Buffaloes)
12 – Ed Morris (Waratah)
13 – Tom Schott (PINT)
14 – Matthew Green (St Marys)
15 – Matt Shannon (Southern Districts)
16 – Kieren Parnell (St Marys)
17 – Ashton Hams (Palmerston)
18 – Frazer Driscoll (Southern Districts)
19 – Eric Guthrie (Palmerston)
20 – Harley Bennell (Tiwi Bombers)
21 – Bradley Stokes (Darwin Buffaloes)
22 – Sam Clohesy (Palmerston)
23 – Scott Carlin (Waratah)
24 – Damian McMahon (PINT)
25 – Dylan Collis (Waratah)
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:32 pm

Titan2 wrote:

Non player related I receive my statement the other day. Seem to be good results finance wise both at the club and Eagles club.  Congrats to management in tough time. Now onwards to a 2023 PREMIERSHIP.

Happy New Year all! I'm feeling really excited about the upcoming season and keen to see how our very new looking squad performs.

Goody - I'm a member but I have not received any statement from the Club on this. Are you referring to the Annual Report? Or is there an online link for this?

Back to the footy Smile There are still recruits looking to shift leagues at this point. Some of the recruits training with AFL clubs for a potential SSP, for instance. Most of these will miss out and will be looking to assess their options.

Another possibility......what about Northern Territory? Wasn't Macfarlane playing in the NT league and only joined us very late in the pre-season the year he joined us?

Some NT journo recently published a list of the top 25 players currently going about there this season. Some familiar names amongst them and a mix of players at different ages and experiences. I would have hoped the club used last season's expedition to the NT to lift the club's profile so perhaps there are opportunities to lure 1-2 of these blokes down to our club?

The Full List –
12 – Ed Morris (Waratah)
13 – Tom Schott (PINT)

Silly question are the Stokes any relation to our Matthew Stokes from many years ago
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:24 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

The Full List –
12 – Ed Morris (Waratah)
13 – Tom Schott (PINT)

Silly question are the Stokes any relation to our Matthew Stokes from many years ago

the Annual Report

I just checked. Posted online 2 weeks ago

Nice donation from the Eagles club

https://wwtfc.com.au/club/annual-report/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:16 pm

Viewed training tonight. Emphasis on moving forward with handball through heavy traffic and "rolling defensive" quick setups when opposition takes ball. It was the first night when Sheedy divided the group into "developmental" and approx 24 senior squad - Lukac and Phillips were in the developmental squad.

Collier-Dawkins moved well and looks a strong unit. Brinker-Williams wasn't out there and there weren't any ruckman to begin the simulated match drills. Sheedy wanted Ballenden forward and drills looked impressive with Rowe taking the ball behind centre, finding Ballenden on a lead who turns and delivers a 50 metre pass to Dan Menzel, goal. Josh Mawson (I think) looked OK, running forward from defence (a little like Mansell). In midfield, a player who may have been Max Beattie but, if so, he looks taller and stronger (maybe 186-187cm) than his online images.

Of the oldies, Goldsworthy reminded that he's not a spent force - one handed pickups on the half volley, showing the pace of a teenager and classy skills. Lonergan looks to have lost a couple of kilos and is moving better than last year. Sinor, Knight,Williams were missing. Toumpas was running laps in long sprint bursts and then joined in training and looked fit.
Generally, training (as with all clubs in January) was impressive and looks much faster than last year but that can be partly due to not having any ruckmen out there at the moment. Hoping that Brinker-Williams can play beyond his tender age (and weight!) and fill that gap plus "snag" a tall key forward recruit late to allow Ballenden to have short stints in the ruck - although we badly need him in attack.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:54 am

I wasn't at training last night, but the player you thought maybe Max Beattie I doubt if it was. Max is only very slight and would be no more than 178 cm at the very best.
It could have been Sam Tilley or Carter Norman.
Was Riley Knight at training??
Our trial matches are: Vs NA 4/3, WA 11/3 & Norw 18/3.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:27 am

Wimpy, the player I wrongly identified as "Max Beattie" was probably Carter Norman. Wearing a mo on top lip if that helps! (talking to trainers and even they are unsure of some of the players). Good to see Charlie Adams moving well again.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:51 am

hawke wrote:Wimpy, the player I wrongly identified as "Max Beattie" was probably Carter Norman. Wearing a mo  on top lip if that helps!  (talking to trainers and even they are unsure of some of the players). Good to see Charlie Adams moving well again.

Sounds like Carter Norman to me. Max Beattie and Carter Norman are good friends, they used to play against each other.
Josh Mawson looks like a smooth mover to me. I think there will be a fair bit of match simulation to sought out positions.
Can't wait for the trial matches to start.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:38 pm

hawke wrote:

Collier-Dawkins moved well and looks a strong unit. Brinker-Williams wasn't out there and there weren't any ruckman to begin the simulated match drills. Sheedy wanted Ballenden forward and drills looked impressive with Rowe taking the ball behind centre, finding Ballenden on a lead who turns and delivers a 50 metre pass to Dan Menzel, goal. Josh Mawson (I think) looked OK, running forward from defence (a little like Mansell). In midfield, a player who may have been Max Beattie but, if so, he looks taller and stronger (maybe 186-187cm) than his online images.

Thanks for this update! This time of year is a black hole for footy news so these kinds of updates are warmly received!

This scenario - no ruckman on the field - is exactly the scenario I am dreading this year. If there was no ruckman on the field for the simulated match drills then who was performing this role? Not Firns again I hope!!!

Somehow, somewhere we just have to find another ruckman before the season starts or else the team's entire structure will go out the door. We can't rely and shouldn't expect Brinker-Williams to be injury free all season let alone to be playing top notch footy from Round 1 given his age.

I would have thought Phillips would have been pushed into the senior group on account of this. Hopefully he has 'fattened up' over Summer because his lack of strength seemed to be his biggest issue. I thought his endeavour and enthusiasm was there in his first match against Norwood last season.

I reckon our midfield looks strong on paper. How did D'Aloia train? Which group did Sheedy put him in? The possibles or the probables?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:57 pm

I still find it hard to believe but happy also D'Aloia was not picked up. A good year to prove himself. Our gain
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:16 pm

Titan, it wasn't Probables against Possibles. Rather, the senior group of approx 22 - 24 players simulated entries/exits into attack/defence. That exercise went for only 15 mins. (the developmental group used the other end.). With no ruckmen, the exercise began with someone running out of a scrimmage with handball from halfback.
Looking at the developmental group, Phillips does look like he has muscled up but still another 10kg to go! Lukac, I've been told, might be easing back into training due to injury recovery.
( at this late stage, with few places to find a ruckman, could the best ruckman in Darwin be coerced to play with a suitable package considering the NTFL season finishes in approx March (for some of the clubs?)

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Has Weckert been sighted out at training yet?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:13 am

Is there a list of senior group, and another for the development group?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:53 am

whybother wrote:Is there a list of senior group, and another for the development group?

That would be good. I spoke to a lad the other day that plays in the APL and mentioned over time a few kids have come from his league. He did not know any current players.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:57 pm

Titan2 wrote:Has Weckert been sighted out at training yet?

I think he has been out only once and rolled his ankle at that session (not badly).
Today he made 68 off 68 balls for Woodville in "B" grade district cricket.
He's been too busily involved with cricket (Nat. U19 carnival) to train at the moment.

Generally the squad is not split in to seniors and a developmental squad, but as the pre season progresses the squad will split in to a league squad and a reserves squad.

This morning at the Uni. loop Kai Pudney won the 2km time trial and Max Beattie was a close second.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:I still find it hard to believe but happy also D'Aloia was not picked up. A good year to prove himself.   Our gain

Riley C-D and D'Aloia will definitely give more punch to our midfield and with Rowey playing an increased onball role and a fitter Lonergan we should be much better than last season. D'Aloia is looking extremely trim and fit. His credentials are much better than Max Beattie, Josh Mawson, Sam Tilley and Carter Norman and that is not putting those four down, we should not under estimate what D"Aloia will bring to us. Max Beattie looks to be an absolute running machine. Will Pearce has impressed with his upgraded fitness level and Litster is now back in to full training after a foot op., I expect him to eventually become a leader at our club. I hope one of Jordan Lukac, Lukas Cooke or Jack Wheare can become a regular league player.
Luke Beecken is looking fitter and more determined than ever, I'm expecting a big season from him.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next