whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by hawke Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:31 pm

Wimpy,
IMHO, Zane Williams wouldn't play midfield - he would have to get his "own ball" , is not strong or quick enough and he is best remaining as an outsider, opportunist HF.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Columbo Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 pm

wimpy wrote:I think you will find "Big Phil" knows Matty Knight. I don't think the club saw it as a big deal in swapping a few coaching positions therefore no official announcement at the moment.

Matt actually announced this news during the week online, probably how it was picked up by Phil as he also shared some info about other reserves coaching moves.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Nothing to do with Eagles recruiting news for 2023 but Chris Hall has retired and he'll be Goddsy's Runner.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:21 pm

I noticed on another forum some coach may get the sack I’m assuming not Sheedy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Could be Hand Job maybe? Players don't seem to be behind him. All other Clubs seem pretty settled or have just replaced their Coach.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:39 pm

The Barton wrote:Could be Hand Job maybe? Players don't seem to be behind him. All other Clubs seem pretty settled or have just replaced their Coach.

Could be a little difficult to replace considering the circumstances.!!!!!!
Might have a stand in coach.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:08 pm

We sign a 201 cm ruck man

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is excited the announce the signing of ruckman David Brinker-Ritchie.

Standing at 201cm, 19-year-old Brinker-Ritchie spent the 2022 season mixing his time between local club Traralgon and playing as a top up listed player at Box Hill Hawks in the VFL where he played 11 matches.

On David’s signing senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “In first meeting Dave it was clear that we needed to get him to the Club. He is a great country kid who will fit well into our Club. We look forward to Dave developing throughout the season and playing an important role for us in 2023.”

On his signing David said, “Since my first contact with the club I knew I was dealing with great people and it has felt very welcoming. The opportunity to play with a successful club and develop my craft excites me, and I’m looking forward to the new experience and challenges it will bring.”

Join us in welcoming David to the Eagles.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:52 pm

Let's hope there is a lot more to come.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:59 pm

I've had a bit of a dig around but can't really find out too much information on our new ruckman.

A big ask though at age 19 to be thrust into the #1 ruck role in an SANFL league team. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him but trust the recruiters. Are Box Hill Hawks aligned with Hawthorn? I'm sure Powell would have had a word to McKenzie about him.

Today Sturt and Norwood announced another couple of recruits (ex AFL players). Hoping we've got something special yet to be announced as the other clubs seem to be far more proactive than we have been to date this off-season with only the return of a player to our club who left midseason and another player who could well be back on an AFL list following the rookie or preseason draft.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Another new signing

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signing of 19 year old Max Beattie.

Max joins the club from the Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray Football Netball League where he averaged 29 disposals per match playing as a midfielder.

On Max’s signing senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “Max is a great kid and in seeing him play I am really excited about what he will bring to the football club. He has good leg speed, is a strong tackler and has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard.”

Please join us in welcoming Max to the Eagles family.

l
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Titan2 wrote:I've had a bit of a dig around but can't really find out too much information on our new ruckman.

A big ask though at age 19 to be thrust into the #1 ruck role in an SANFL league team. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him but trust the recruiters. Are Box Hill Hawks aligned with Hawthorn? I'm sure Powell would have had a word to McKenzie about him.

Today Sturt and Norwood announced another couple of recruits (ex AFL players). Hoping we've got something special yet to be announced as the other clubs seem to be far more proactive than we have been to date this off-season with only the return of a player to our club who left midseason and another player who could well be back on an AFL list following the rookie or preseason draft.

https://boxhillhawks.com.au/brinker-ritchie-joins-hawks/

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/David_Brinker-Ritchie
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:08 pm

Mickyj wrote:Another new signing

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signing of 19 year old Max Beattie.

Max joins the club from the Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray Football Netball League where he averaged 29 disposals per match playing as a midfielder.

On Max’s signing senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “Max is a great kid and in seeing him play I am really excited about what he will bring to the football club. He has good leg speed, is a strong tackler and has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard.”

Please join us in welcoming Max to the Eagles family.

l

On paper this looks an exciting signing

https://www.msn.com/en-au/video/other/max-beattie-the-border-mail-april-2022/vi-AAWtpwU?category=foryou

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:30 pm

Titan2 wrote:I've had a bit of a dig around but can't really find out too much information on our new ruckman.

Don't chuck in the towel "Titan2", have faith and you will be rewarded.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 pm

wimpy wrote:

Don't chuck in the towel "Titan2", have faith and you will be rewarded.

I'm well aware. I recall leading into season 2020 (first year under Sheedy) we had, what at first glance on paper, to be a pretty underwhelming list of off-season recruits. But they were all astute picks who thrived under the game plan and a bunch of kids injected a whole lot of dare and enthusiasm to our list. And we ended up winning the Premiership.

We need to be strategic with our picks - quality not quantity.

- a ruckman
- a key defender
- a key forward

I like the sound of our second announced recruit today - Beattie. I really rate these kids from country leagues. Generally tough kids who've played against bigger bodies from a young age.

Can't see Polec getting picked up in any draft and would expect him to come back to SA. I think the Power Reserves will try to snaffle him but reckon the Eags have a good opportunity there.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:07 pm

I don't think the Eagles would be interested in Polec, too old. The recruiting trend seems to be for youngsters to set us up for the future.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Dunno Wimpy, if he was keen and wanted a kick at 30 he'd help the kids and perhaps help us snare another premiership.
The days of assembling and retaining a great SANFL team are long gone so I reckon get in who you can when you can.
If Polec was interested for a season he wouldn't be holding up overall development
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:32 pm

Gazz wrote:Dunno Wimpy, if he was keen and wanted a kick at 30 he'd help the kids and perhaps help us snare another premiership.
The days of assembling and retaining a great SANFL team are long gone so I reckon get in who you can when you can.
If Polec was interested for a season he wouldn't be holding up overall development

You could be right "Gazz", we have never really settled the wing positions and would most probably come cheap after his pay out from North Melbourne.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:08 am

My mail from someone in the know more players will be announced today and Friday . Maybe a couple more after the draft
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 am

David Brinker-Ritchie played eleven games for Box Hill after joining them halfway through the season. I'm unsure if he played as back-up ruck, lead ruck or only ruck but had some impressive games in the hit out stats.
21, 26, 28, 31, 47, 22, 21, 19 hit-outs in some of the games he played.
With AFL players given preference at Box Hill and then another 20 listed players also given priority he at times might not have made the Box Hill team even though he was good enough. A move to the Eagles would give him a permanent position and exposure.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 am

The Jury is out in regard to the recruitment of long term AFL players like Polec.
Once they hit 30 it's hit and miss. Recent successes would include Gibbs, Broadbent and McMahon going back a few years at Sturt. Puopolo was finished when he came back to Norwood and did very little and Richard Douglas was serviceable. Hartlett at West didn't seem interested last year. Personally I wouldn't be chasing Polec.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:50 pm

The Barton wrote:The Jury is out in regard to the recruitment of long term AFL players like Polec.
Once they hit 30 it's hit and miss. Recent successes would include Gibbs, Broadbent and McMahon going back a few years at Sturt. Puopolo was finished when he came back to Norwood and did very little and Richard Douglas was serviceable. Hartlett at West didn't seem interested last year. Personally I wouldn't be chasing Polec.

I'm mixed on if we should approach him. If he is fit and wants to play for the right reasons, I will be happy with that. I would prefer a Caleb Pouler if available.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:59 pm

goddy11 wrote:
The Barton wrote:The Jury is out in regard to the recruitment of long term AFL players like Polec.

I'm mixed on if we should approach him. If he is fit and wants to play for the right reasons, I will be happy with that. I would prefer a Caleb Pouler if available.
Yep, Poulter is a far more attractive proposition. If Polec approaches us and gives Sheeds all the right indications that he's committed and really wants to play for the Eagles again, absolutely get him. Sheedy will know better than anyone what's right and what he needs for sustained success.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:30 pm

THE WOODVILLE WEST TORRENS FOOTBALL CLUB IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNINGS OF JOSH MAWSON, ZANE MONTGOMERIE, CARTER NORMAN, DANIEL SLADOJEVIC, SAM TILLEY AND, AS ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY, MAX BEATTIE.
On the signings senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “Whilst all six boys have come from different backgrounds and footballing journeys, all come to us with a similar common goal and that is to take the next step in their football careers, and we are delighted that they have chosen to do that here at the Eagles. They all bring a different skillset which is great for our squad but most importantly they are all great people.”

Josh Mawson
Role: Midfielder / Half Back
Previous Club: Port Douglas

Josh, originally from Dunkeld in Victoria, was keen to make the move and test himself in the SANFL after spending the past 3 seasons playing for Port Douglas in AFL Cairns alongside past Eagles Lee Staple and Nick Salter.

Zane Montgomerie
Role: Medium Defender
Previous Club: Elliston Districts

Zane originally from Streaky Bay, played season 2022 for Elliston Districts on the Eyre Peninsula whilst also representing SA Country against WA at Adelaide Oval, a team which was assisted by none other than Eagles games record holder Justin Cicolella. Zane, a qualified electrician, has already commenced work at BCE & CJ Electrical and will be joined in Adelaide in the new year by partner Ysabelle and son Reef.

Carter Norman
Role: Medium Forward
Previous Club: North Albury

Carter has a strong connection to the SANFL where his father Luke coached Jade Sheedy at Sturt. Carter spent a large part of his early childhood in Adelaide before moving back closer to family in Wangaratta. In season 2022 Carter lined up for North Albury in the Ovens & Murray League where he played 18 games kicking 27 goals in a team which won just one match.

Daniel Sladojevic
Role: Key Position
Previous Club: South Adelaide

Daniel made his SANFL League debut in 2022 where he managed seven matches for South Adelaide predominately as a key defender. As a junior Daniel played predominately as a forward for South Adelaide where he kicked 75 goals from his 24 matches in the U18 Competition.

Sam Tilley
Role: Midfielder / Half Forward
Previous Club: Lauderdale

Sam had a strong 2022 season for Lauderdale in the Tasmanian State League where he was recognised in the TSL 22 under 22 team, being named in a forward pocket. Sam mixed his time between the midfield and half forward for Lauderdale where he kicked 11 goals from his 17 matches.

Max Beattie
Previous Club: Wodonga Raiders

Please join us in welcoming Josh, Zane, Carter, Daniel, Sam, and Max to the Eagles family.

Great to see the Eagles searching far and wide. From Port Douglas to Ceduna to Hobart. Let's hope these youngsters make the grade.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:50 pm

wimpy wrote:THE WOODVILLE WEST TORRENS FOOTBALL CLUB IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNINGS OF JOSH MAWSON, ZANE MONTGOMERIE, CARTER NORMAN, DANIEL SLADOJEVIC, SAM TILLEY AND, AS ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY, MAX BEATTIE.
On the signings senior coach Jade Sheedy said, “Whilst all six boys have come from different backgrounds and footballing journeys, all come to us with a similar common goal and that is to take the next step in their football careers, and we are delighted that they have chosen to do that here at the Eagles. They all bring a different skillset which is great for our squad but most importantly they are all great people.”

Josh Mawson
Role: Midfielder / Half Back
Previous Club: Port Douglas

Josh, originally from Dunkeld in Victoria, was keen to make the move and test himself in the SANFL after spending the past 3 seasons playing for Port Douglas in AFL Cairns alongside past Eagles Lee Staple and Nick Salter.

Zane Montgomerie
Role: Medium Defender
Previous Club: Elliston Districts

Zane originally from Streaky Bay, played season 2022 for Elliston Districts on the Eyre Peninsula whilst also representing SA Country against WA at Adelaide Oval, a team which was assisted by none other than Eagles games record holder Justin Cicolella. Zane, a qualified electrician, has already commenced work at BCE & CJ Electrical and will be joined in Adelaide in the new year by partner Ysabelle and son Reef.

Carter Norman
Role: Medium Forward
Previous Club: North Albury

Carter has a strong connection to the SANFL where his father Luke coached Jade Sheedy at Sturt. Carter spent a large part of his early childhood in Adelaide before moving back closer to family in Wangaratta. In season 2022 Carter lined up for North Albury in the Ovens & Murray League where he played 18 games kicking 27 goals in a team which won just one match.

Daniel Sladojevic
Role: Key Position
Previous Club: South Adelaide

Daniel made his SANFL League debut in 2022 where he managed seven matches for South Adelaide predominately as a key defender. As a junior Daniel played predominately as a forward for South Adelaide where he kicked 75 goals from his 24 matches in the U18 Competition.

Sam Tilley
Previous Club: Lauderdale

Sam had a strong 2022 season for Lauderdale in the Tasmanian State League where he was recognised in the TSL 22 under 22 team, being named in a forward pocket. Sam mixed his time between the midfield and half forward for Lauderdale where he kicked 11 goals from his 17 matches.

Max Beattie
Previous Club: Wodonga Raiders

Please join us in welcoming Josh, Zane, Carter, Daniel, Sam, and Max to the Eagles family.

Great to see the Eagles searching far and wide. From Port Douglas to Ceduna to Hobart. Let's hope these youngsters make the grade.

Thanks Wimpy you Judy beat me to it
Luke’s son welcome guys
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Josh sounds good
Josh Mawson

One of the most electrifying players in the competition Mawson’s skill by foot and ability to find targets off halfback is brilliant. Having recovered from a broken jaw earlier in the season the prodigious talent will be a key player in the decider.

https://www.newsport.com.au/2022/september/resurgent-crocs-looking-for-further-grand-final-glory-under-afl-cairns-supercoach/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next