Goddsy11
Mickyj
Reddeer
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Recruits - Page 3 Empty Re: New Recruits

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 pm

MichaelScott wrote:I'm assuming that Sutcliffe will be their marquee signing so will not matter if he's played AFL or not

I think the way Wimpy described it as what I read. Can not be on AFL list for 2 years and less pay.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:57 pm

We almost had Sam Gray before Port grabbed him many years ago. Even trained for a few nights preseason. May be a connection.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Perhaps connection is Sam's brother so we better not cut his brother from our Seconds list!!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Sam Gray would be very handy! A good player. If I was choosing out of Gray, Knight and Tsitas (i.e. only one could be the marquee), I would still pick Tsitas.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:50 am

Aerie wrote:Sam Gray would be very handy! A good player. If I was choosing out of Gray, Knight and Tsitas (i.e. only one could be the marquee), I would still pick Tsitas.
Easily Tsitas
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am

goddy11 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:I'm assuming that Sutcliffe will be their marquee signing so will not matter if he's played AFL or not

I think the way Wimpy described it as what I read. Can not be on AFL list for 2 years and less pay.

Listening to Chris Davies last night, he through doubt over Sutcliffe being their magpie captain due to the new two year rule. Watch the magpies try and wrangle something.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:05 am

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Listening to Chris Davies last night, he through doubt over Sutcliffe being their magpie captain due to the new two year rule. Watch the magpies try and wrangle something.

Just had it checked out. A marquee player for either Crows or magpies CAN have played AFL within the last two years, this leaves it open for Sutcliffe to be magpies marquee player again.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:28 am

wimpy wrote:
wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Just had it checked out. A marquee player for either Crows or magpies CAN have played AFL within the last two years, this leaves it open for Sutcliffe to be magpies marquee player again.

Forget Sutcliffe but why do these 2 teams meed a marquee player at all. They have a squad of 40 AFL players to pick from in the first place. Evil or Very Mad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:
wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Forget Sutcliffe but why do these 2 teams meed a marquee player at all. They have a squad of 40 AFL  players to pick from in the first place. Evil or Very Mad
Just the absolute WEAKNESS of the SANFL to bow down to the AFL teams and give them what they want. Reeks of kickbacks
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 am

So out of 1. Tsitsis 2 Sam Gray 3. Riley Knight 4. Cam Sutcliffe, who should Eagles go for assuming the salary cap may restrict us to 1, possibly 2.
Tsitsis has "runs on the board" from an outstanding last half of season but there is always go home factor(beyond 2021). Sutcliffe also v good get but older maybe 2 seasons left and our need now (after recruiting talls) are run and spread midfield ball accumulator. They're all good but I would choose Sam Gray (also plays Rowe's role if we lose Rowe) as No 1. Tsitsis No 2. Timing with guessing draft relisting is a problem
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:55 am

Listened to Chris Davies having a whinge last night, saying the magpies will look for another competition if the SANFL make it so restrictive they can't compete and win a premiership. He said the magpies were all about winning premierships.
My feeling is if the magpies are allowed a marquee player, the marquee should not have originally come from one of the eight SANFL clubs as it weakens the SAFL clubs ability to recruit a high profile player. Their marquee player should come from either interstate or be a former magpie junior (Gray or Broomhead).
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm

wimpy wrote:Listened to Chris Davies having a whinge last night, saying the magpies will look for another competition if the SANFL make it so restrictive they can't compete and win a premiership. He said the magpies were all about winning premierships.
My feeling is if the magpies are allowed a marquee player, the marquee should not have originally come from one of the eight SANFL clubs as it weakens the SAFL clubs ability to recruit a high profile player. Their marquee player should come from either interstate or be a former magpie junior (Gray or Broomhead).
POQ then cant happen soon enough in my book, sooner the better. They CANT get it through their THICK Heads that they are an AFL club now
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Davies, Olsen, Kelly - they’re all flogs who’ve used and abused the SANFL competition on their way to personal promotion. SANFL is best without Crows or Port.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:36 pm

[quote="Aerie"]Davies, Olsen, Kelly - they’re all flogs who’ve used and abused the SANFL competition on their way to personal promotion. SANFL is best without Crows or Port.[/quote]
From experience I discovered that Davies has as much sense of humour as a post so he is well suited to be where he is
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:40 am

Seems one of the SANFL media callers on the pass whose a member of two other forums , has just worked out Lowson is gone . We knew awhile ago .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Wimpy have you heard anything about the Menzel rumours that are all over SA Footy?
Or anyone heard this
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Centrals have posted it on their Facebook page with a link to the club website
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Columbo wrote:Centrals have posted it on their Facebook page with a link to the club website

Yep was just shown it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:52 am

Columbo wrote:Centrals have posted it on their Facebook page with a link to the club website

On Twitter a Centrals fan a SANFL digital pass media person is telling the world we have signed them . On talking footy a west fan is going off we are over the salary cap.
Wow and we have said nothing
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:23 am

Come on, Powelly! Give us an updated re-signings/new recruit list!!! The suspense is "killing" us (especially the Menzel rumour). Hope the Club isn't going broke to get the Menzels. Would rather have had Tsitsas, Knights and Sutcliffe but wondered how we could afford them and now there is this silly (?) rumour re Menzel brothers who would cost us big, big money
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 am

Central District Football Club website state that the Menzels have gone to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club. That doesn't confirm the transfer - the Eagles may be refusing to pay Centrals demands for a transfer fee and the Menzels play elsewhere (country or Ammos).
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 am

With all this spare time, 3rd post in a row then I'll shut up. Just scribbling down a team based on what recruits we have at the moment, plus what we have lost (Foote, N Hayes, Lowson and probably Tsitsas) and worst scenario loss in the draft (Jones, McNeil, Mansell, Wehr, Rowe) and IMO, the team could look

FF           Z Williams         J Hayes        Von Bertouch

HF        M Hardie          Clay Cameron        X

C         Goldsworthy       Lonergan          Toumpas

HB        Rhys Mutch       Guifreda           Roland

BB          Jungfer          Thompson        Mills

1st R   Redden         2nd R  J Hayes (with Sharman to take FF)  
         K Mutch                   X
         Sinor                       Poole

res Sharman,  X,  Poole, (possibly Firns when tagger needed)

So we are possibly 2 quality midfielders and a HF away from a v. promising side. Of course, this is the worst team scenario. If some of the lads (Rowe, McNeil, Wehr, Mansell) don't get drafted, then we are considerably better.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 am

hawke wrote:Central District Football Club website state that the Menzels have gone to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club. That doesn't confirm the transfer - the Eagles may be refusing to pay Centrals demands for a transfer fee and the Menzels play elsewhere (country or Ammos).

I personally dont want them. Youth development is the way with a sprinkling of recruits.
Surely a transfer fee would be required. Not happy with that.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 am

goddy11 wrote:
hawke wrote:Central District Football Club website state that the Menzels have gone to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club. That doesn't confirm the transfer - the Eagles may be refusing to pay Centrals demands for a transfer fee and the Menzels play elsewhere (country or Ammos).

I personally dont want them. Youth development is the way with a sprinkling of recruits.
Surely a transfer fee would be required. Not happy with that.

Eagles haven’t said they’ve signed them yet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:12 am

hawke wrote:With all this spare time, 3rd post in a row then I'll shut up. Just scribbling down a team based on what recruits we have at the moment, plus what we have lost (Foote, N Hayes, Lowson and probably Tsitsas) and worst scenario loss in the draft (Jones, McNeil, Mansell, Wehr, Rowe) and IMO, the team could look

FF           Z Williams         J Hayes        Von Bertouch

HF        M Hardie          Clay Cameron        X

C         Goldsworthy       Lonergan          Toumpas

HB        Rhys Mutch       Guifreda           Roland

BB          Jungfer          Thompson        Mills

1st R   Redden         2nd R  J Hayes (with Sharman to take FF)  
         K Mutch                   X
         Sinor                       Poole

res Sharman,  X,  Poole, (possibly Firns when tagger needed)

So we are possibly 2 quality midfielders and a HF away from a v. promising side. Of course, this is the worst team scenario. If some of the lads (Rowe, McNeil, Wehr, Mansell) don't get drafted, then we are considerably better.

I would think a couple of U18 gone Poulter and Schofield plus others
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next