Goddsy11
Mickyj
Reddeer
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Recruits - Page 2 Empty Re: New Recruits

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 am

James Tsistas is the one I want back. He will win a MM with us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am

goddy11 wrote:James Tsistas is the one I want back. He will win a MM with us.

Very disappointing that NONE of our 2020 delisted AFL players have come back to the club so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might know more after the national draft and the delisted free agents draft.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:40 am

MichaelScott wrote:Does that mean Riley Knight is not signing with the eagles?

Would think Knight and Sutcliffe would be waiting to exhaust all other options before committing to the Eagles. For all we know they might have verbally committed, depending on what happens with their AFL hopes.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:James Tsistas is the one I want back. He will win a MM with us.
Yes, if necessary make him our Marquee player, he IS that good
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Yep spot on mate
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 pm

For those that didn’t see it

Latest Eagles recruit Cooper Sharman 20 year old 193 cm Forward
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm

I'm starting to think too many recruits. Will it put our kids coming through off? Although we will loose some players to the draft.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:I'm starting to think too many recruits. Will it put our kids coming through off? Although we will loose some players to the draft.

We will lose a few this year

As a side note one of the Glenelg returning players I volunteer with his sister . And we let him go to Glenelg years ago
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Mickyj wrote:For those that didn’t see it

From the NAB Vic u18 competition, played as an over ager.

About time we went back to look at recruits from this competition. Colville and Treeby were fantastic recruits from this comp.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:24 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:For those that didn’t see it

From the NAB Vic u18 competition, played as an over ager.

About time we went back to look at recruits from this competition. Colville and Treeby were fantastic recruits from this comp.

That they were it’s time we went back to that league
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:I'm starting to think too many recruits. Will it put our kids coming through off? Although we will loose some players to the draft.

Never too many recruits. We have lost Foote, N. Hayes and Lowson, with Jones and Schofield certain to be picked up by the power and Poulter, Wehr, McNeil and Mansell possible draftees quite a few to be replaced. The playing span of Giuffreda, Redden, Goldsworthy, Thompson and Hall can't be very much longer, best be prepared. Also, the 2020 U18 team does not have the stars of the previous year.
Rowey on 5AA just mentioned Knight coming back to the Eagles if not redrafted.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Our recruiting has been questioned on talking footy as how do we fit into the salary cap .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Talk on Footy SA that Centrals might be getting Riley Knight. Perhaps with the money spent on Eagles 6 recruits, we're struggling to match Central's offer. Same might be said for trying to get Cam Sutcliffe. Then of course, we need to get a package together to attract Foote and Tsitsas. Pretty hard.
Heard that Jordan Foote has enrolled in NSW Police Academy - however, no news (in WWTFC release on Comings/Goings) is good news. So far ,at least.
We're going to be a much taller team next year, going by the size of the recruits. But need to secure 2 out of 3 (Foote, Tsitsas, Knight) to team up with Sinor and Kobe Mutch for an OK midfield. Get all 3 and we'll go Top again!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 am

Toumpas is signed up too. If Rowe doesn’t get drafted his natural progression would be more on-ball time too. Plus Lonergan and Firns.

If we could get Tsitas back - that’s still the best midfield in the comp.

If we could convince Foote to become a policeman with SA Police and/or sign up Riley Knight - that would be a huge bonus!

The AFL draft holds the key. A fair bit of running power lost if we lose Mansell, Wehr and McNeill - but good luck to them.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:45 am

IMO, James Toumpas offloads the ball to the wrong players when in tight as well as poor execution skills so limited value as a midfielder. Hopefully, another full preseason can improve this.
Jack Firns his best work as a tagger or "dummy" CHF drawing opposition dominant CHB away from hotspots. We don't want to return to the slow 2019 midfield of Firns (and Sharrad)
Lonergan struggles to play 3 consecutive games before injury.
These 3 don't add much to our midfield which needs to secure Tsitsis, Knight and/or Foote (although bracing self for the news of Foote being unavailable)

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:53 am

I doubt that Jordan Foote will be back. He has completed his commitment to Woodville West Torrens, as a Club Champion, as a premiership player and, as the Jack Oatey Medallist, instrumental in the club winning its first premiership for 9 years. Completing a 4 generation dynasty of Foote's with the club we can ask no more. His immediate family are all in Sydney as are his friends and now he needs to get on with his life with a regular job, probably with the NSW Police Force. Thanks for your dedicated service Jordan, and Good Luck in the future, and you would always be welcomed back
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Reddeer wrote:I doubt that Jordan Foote will be back. He has completed his commitment to Woodville West Torrens, as a Club Champion, as a premiership player and, as the Jack Oatey Medallist, instrumental in the club winning its first premiership for 9 years. Completing a 4 generation dynasty of Foote's with the club we can ask no more. His immediate family are all in Sydney as are his friends and now he needs to get on with his life with a regular job, probably with the NSW Police Force. Thanks for your dedicated service Jordan, and Good Luck in the future, and you would always be welcomed back

+1. We were lucky to have him. Hope there is a 5th gen coming through 1 day.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:06 pm

There are 5 Hayes brothers. Are the younger 3 showing talent? I think one of them (? Luke) played in Eagles U18s a few years ago.
Is Jared Petrenko returning?
Does anyone know whether Miller is playing this year.? Thought Moller in 2019 in Seconds showed a lot of class as a 19 year old, 190cm mobile forward with skills. Sadly, an ACL injury cost him entire 2020 season.. If he is still at the Club, he, along with Hoile 188cm midfielder, Poulton (unlikely to be taken in draft) and Beecken 188cm defender/wing are amongst the best of our youth on display in the Seconds.
Difficult time deciding on cutting 6-8 players from our Seconds to make way for upcoming talent from U18s and recruits. A couple of players (some of whom played league footy this year) that have flaws in their game that can never improve.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Ok I don’t want to fall into the trap of arguing with Centrals and north fans over Knights . Is there anything coming out of oval ave re knights .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

SEN- Roochi, saying delisted Swan Sam Gray, favourite to join the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Yeah i heard that.. i thought i read he was going to be rookied by the swans? The guy was also saying that players like Tsistas will be playing in the SANFL next year and that Sutcliffe will be captaining the magpies
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Yeah i heard that.. i thought i read he was going to be rookied by the swans? The guy was also saying that players like Tsistas will be playing in the SANFL next year and that Sutcliffe will be captaining the magpies

Heard on SEN this morning that there is a possibility that Sam Gray could be rookie listed, we'll just have to wait and see.
If Sutcliffe does captain the magpies it's a joke. One of the new rules is that a top up player can not have played AFL football in the last two years. I thought Cam Sutcliffe played AFL last season has does this work.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm

wimpy wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:Yeah i heard that.. i thought i read he was going to be rookied by the swans? The guy was also saying that players like Tsistas will be playing in the SANFL next year and that Sutcliffe will be captaining the magpies

Heard on SEN this morning that there is a possibility that Sam Gray could be rookie listed, we'll just have to wait and see.
If Sutcliffe does captain the magpies it's a joke. One of the new rules is that a top up player can not have played AFL football in the last two years. I thought Cam Sutcliffe played AFL last season has does this work.

I read on Facebook Gray will be rookied listed if he’s not we will welcome him to oval ave
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm assuming that Sutcliffe will be their marquee signing so will not matter if he's played AFL or not
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm

wimpy wrote:SEN- Roochi, saying delisted Swan Sam Gray, favourite to join the Eagles.

Isn't Tom his brother. Doubt he would come, more likely rookied because he was contracted for next year and it looks like a salary cap dump with him staying on the list. Would be a magic get. Rowey and Gray on the flanks.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next