Mickyj
Reddeer
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

New Recruits - Page 5 Empty Re: New Recruits

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:The Eagles announced Tsitas on Facebook and a west Adelaide worker or offical attacks the club on the Facebook post .
WTF is up with West people
Have you a link to this Micky. I have had a search.

The recruiting at this stage has been amazing for this time of the year. All credit to those responsible. I would like to throw some kudos to those responsible for getting Jade. I was a Godden fan but lukewarm on Lonergan mainly because he was an interstater.  Jade has taken us to a new level.

Ok it’s just come up in my Facebook feed it’s SANFL posting

This is what he posted and his Facebook page says works for west Adelaide football club
Gee with the amount of players they have signed they would have to be over the salary cap
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 pm

James Tsitas - the most important signing of all our recruits. At last!

Can't remember our Club ever being in this position before with such experienced talent before the season commences. How is this for a team, even without Mansell, Wehr, Rowe, McNeil.

FF    Cooper Sharman         Von Bertouch         Z Williams

HF   Daniel Menzel         Clay Cameron         Mitch Hardie

C     Toumpas                 Lonergan             Goldsworthy

HB   Rhys Mutch              Guifreda              Rolland

FB     Jungfer                 Thompson         Mills    

!st Ruck       Redden, Sinor, Tsitas
2nd Ruck     J Hayes, Troy Menzel, Kobe Mutch

res J Hayes, Troy Menzel, Kobe Mutch, Poole  (of course, the guys on the bench, eg J Hayes, would spend 80% time onfield)

Apologies to Jack Firns who will play lots of footy.

Now if a couple of our 4 possible draft picks (Mansell, Rowe, Wehr and McNeill) aren't taken, our depth increases. Surely, our recruiting has come to a halt. Can't imagine that we could get Riley Knight.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:47 pm

I was reading how North Melbourne during their recruiting spree c.1973-74 went from 'poor old North' to as hated as Richmond was at the time. Although it seems, most people at the ground for the '75 GF were supporting them for their first ever flag. Players from interstate wanted to become part of them, not just because of the financial reward, but because of how the place was run.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:55 pm

spell_check wrote:I was reading how North Melbourne during their recruiting spree c.1973-74 went from 'poor old North' to as hated as Richmond was at the time.  Although it seems, most people at the ground for the '75 GF were supporting them for their first ever flag. Players from interstate wanted to become part of them, not just because of the financial reward, but because of how the place was run.

Well said Spelly
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Enjoyable watching James Tsitas playing in NTFL on youtube. On Nov 3rd, each of his 41 possesions are recorded on a youtube post. Not flashy, just tradesman-like. He appears to really enjoy his footy and can't get enough of it! Just hope he stays injury free through the Darwin season
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 pm

Well I thought he was going to North but we signed
Riley Knight
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Anyone heard re Kerrish yet?? Rowey's mate said that he was going to come back from Gold Coast as he's finished with Glenelg and was going to sign up with eagles and yes Rowey's mates know me to talk to
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:31 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Anyone heard re Kerrish yet?? Rowey's mate said that he was going to come back from Gold Coast as he's finished with Glenelg and was going to sign up with eagles and yes Rowey's mates know me to talk to

Haven’t heard of that player
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Neither Tsitas or Knight signings have been confirmed by Eagles. If true, an announcement would surely be made by tomorrow afternoon. Fact or fiction.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:56 pm

hawke wrote:Neither Tsitas or Knight signings have been confirmed by Eagles. If true, an announcement would surely be made by tomorrow afternoon. Fact or fiction.

Guessing you don't use Facebook or Instagram?

Tsitas was announced Monday, Knight at about 7pm tonight.

Would expect a members email soon.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 am

Eagles35 wrote:Anyone heard re Kerrish yet?? Rowey's mate said that he was going to come back from Gold Coast as he's finished with Glenelg and was going to sign up with eagles and yes Rowey's mates know me to talk to

I hope you can keep us updated Eagles 35
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 am

I haven't heard anything else since the evening of the after party wether its correct we'll soon know, im guessing players would almost be back on track with say two weeks to go till there Christmas holidays
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 am

Eagles35 wrote:I haven't heard anything else since the evening of the after party wether its correct we'll soon know, im guessing players would almost be back on track with say two weeks to go till there Christmas holidays

Very true
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 am

Lonergan signed up for next year
Hopefully he stays fit
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:52 am

Lonergan was very good in the Grand Final with clean hands and decisiveness.
Yet to play in a losing side with the Eagles i believe, his leadership adds a lot to the side.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:09 pm

The Barton wrote:Lonergan was very good in the Grand Final with clean hands and decisiveness.
Yet to play in a losing side with the Eagles i believe, his leadership adds a lot to the side.
Every game he played in in 2020 were wins but played in a lot of losing games in 2019
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Agree - that Lonergan would be in our top 22 now, just.
Problem is that Lonergan plays as a midfielder/onballer or on the bench. He's not useful up forward. His selection is up against Sinor, Tsitas, Knight, K.Mutch, 2 Menzels, Poole, even Goldsworthy and Toumpas. Unfortunately we haven't seen the best of Lonergan because he struggles to play 3 consecutive games with injuries and lack of fitness restricts his run and spread, stopping him from having the 23-25 disposal games
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Lonergan has a point of difference to the rest though - his big body. Very handy to have winning the ball on the inside and competing against other big bodies like Andrew Moore. In an ideal world, less injuries would allow him to get in more training and provide more time on field, but with the cards he was dealt and having 4 men on the interchange bench, he was managed perfectly to impact when he was needed.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Aerie wrote:Lonergan has a point of difference to the rest though - his big body. Very handy to have winning the ball on the inside and competing against other big bodies like Andrew Moore. In an ideal world, less injuries would allow him to get in more training and provide more time on field, but with the cards he was dealt and having 4 men on the interchange bench, he was managed perfectly to impact when he was needed.

I noticed he did this watching the digital pass.
At the final against South he side stepped around two south back men in the square to goal
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:57 am

I believe Jarad Petrenko has a meeting with the Eagles this afternoon to decide his future with the club!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:49 pm

A difficult decision. Even in his twilight stage, at his best and with hunger in belly, he is one of the better wingman, half forwards in SANFL. But without 100% commitment, no. Amongst our "star" players, we do have injury prone players (Lonergan, Toumpas, Troy and Daniel Menzel) and Petrenko would give us some depth. But if McNeil isn't taken in draft, that gives us the depth. I don't think there are any Seconds midfielders "banging down the door". (Hoile and Beecken the best).
IMO, if he is keen and accepts standard base match payments, we should sign him..
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5