eaglesman
The Barton
Eagles35
jenks31
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ROUND 5  Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM - Page 3 Empty Re: ROUND 5 Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm

wimpy wrote:From the SANFL. Normal clearances within operative leagues, the close off date for clearances is 30 June 2020. But for leagues that have closed down due to covid19 the closing date for clearances for players from these leagues is 31 July 2020 as I previously mentioned in regard to Sam Lowson and James Tsitas.

Think we might have missed out on Sam Lowson, just didn't get to the line or border.

It would be nice if the club responded to members on these reports. I'm sure they are not that overworked at Oval Ave.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

ROUND 5  Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM - Page 3 Empty Re: ROUND 5 Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:From the SANFL. Normal clearances within operative leagues, the close off date for clearances is 30 June 2020. But for leagues that have closed down due to covid19 the closing date for clearances for players from these leagues is 31 July 2020 as I previously mentioned in regard to Sam Lowson and James Tsitas.

Think we might have missed out on Sam Lowson, just didn't get to the line or border.

It would be nice if the club responded to members on these reports. I'm sure they are not that overworked at Oval Ave.

My source on the board said the first player mentioned was a rumour and the border crossing was the issue . I had not heard about the second player until I read the report posted by Columbo.
Another Eagles friend had not heard of either player and mentioned my source is always very tight lipped .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:53 am

goddy11 wrote:

They did mention it to Andrew Capel knowing it would be published.

"Goddy" the club is under huge pressure with significantly less staff due to lack of income. They try their best. At training last night there was still hope that Lowson might become an Eagle. It does not seem to be a straight forward case, it may involve employment. It appears we have been talking to these two players for sometime.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am

Jake Parkinson will openly tell you how his income has dropped and he's on Job Keeper like a lot of SANFL staff. Over and over. He's a depressing man to talk to.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

"Goddy" the club is under huge pressure with significantly less staff due to lack of income. They try their best. At training last night there was still hope that Lowson might become an Eagle. It does not seem to be a straight forward case, it may involve employment. It appears we have been talking to these two players for sometime.

Fair enough Wimpy and I understand that negotiation are sensitive given what's happening in Victoria. Maybe going to mainstream press is a smart cost saving method. Even if these players do not come the proactivity at the club is good. After todays covid results from Victoria are released I doubt anyone will come.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am

Believe Lowson's clearance has been lodged and accepted by the SANFL. Whether he can still get here remains with the SA Government.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Fair enough Wimpy and I understand that negotiation are sensitive given what's happening in Victoria. Maybe going to mainstream press is a smart cost saving method. Even if these players do not come the proactivity at the club is good. After todays covid results from Victoria are released I doubt anyone will come.

James Tsitas is already here, there appears to be no problem about him playing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:21 am

I'm just glad that the final decision doesn't rest on Jake Parkinson - the cricket season would be over by the time his QC makes a decision
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:54 pm

The club has been very quiet this season regarding to members, no email Regarding presentations this year etc though 150 is allowed but bet these aren't in eagles members email and the fact that not everyone can get to the club on Thursday night's too
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:12 pm

I've found Melissa at the club to be exceptional when making contact. She hasn't missed a beat even though her hours have been cut back I'm sure. People like Mel are the glue that holds clubs together and we'd be lost without her. She'd be a great half bank flanker!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:33 pm

The Barton wrote:I've found Melissa at the club to be exceptional when making contact. She hasn't missed a beat even though her hours have been cut back I'm sure. People like Mel are the glue that holds clubs together and we'd be lost without her. She'd be a great half bank flanker!

Spot on about Mel
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm

The Barton wrote:I've found Melissa at the club to be exceptional when making contact. She hasn't missed a beat even though her hours have been cut back I'm sure. People like Mel are the glue that holds clubs together and we'd be lost without her. She'd be a great half bank flanker!
From experience I 100% agree. She always gets back and I think she does a lot of work from home.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Very true, if i phone the eagles whoever it is on the other line knows exactly who they're talking to, and when I'm eagles 35 35 is my favorite number its always been
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 am

My favourite number is 69. Don't know why though.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm

The Barton wrote:My favourite number is 69. Don't know why though.

Thommo and Rhyan Mansell your favourite players The Barton?????
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 am

Mines not cos of Sinor but always been it before Joey's days at eagles etc
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3