eaglesman
The Barton
Eagles35
jenks31
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ROUND 5  Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 5 Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Columbo wrote:Copied this from the match report from yesterday in the paper today..

They won despite having 15 fewer inside 50s and are poised to be strengthened further by the recruitment of star VFL medium forward Sam Lowson.

.....Interesting.

Yet when I asked a source at the club I got a no about him

We'll just have to wait and see. Closing date for clearances is 31 July. If think clearances with in the SANFL can be publicly accessed.

My source June 30 and self isolation would be end of the season
Unless I was sold a pup

Contacted my source at the Eagles it’s just a rumour social isolation means it won’t work
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

ROUND 5  Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 5 Glenelg v Eagles ACH GROUP STADIUM SATURDAY 25TH JULY, 2:05PM

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:55 pm

How are South getting Hunter the Ruckman from Melbourne then and his mate Daly Andrews?
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:56 pm

He was there maybe on bench or something same as Rupert Peake but no coff so was at home resting I'd say
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:04 pm

We defiantly had a chat to him a few times 

Last edited by Eagles35 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Hint was Kai was playing his first league game for us when such and such said Goldy not playing injured out for a couple
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Columbo wrote:Copied this from the match report from yesterday in the paper today..

They won despite having 15 fewer inside 50s and are poised to be strengthened further by the recruitment of star VFL medium forward Sam Lowson.

.....Interesting.

We'll just have to wait and see. Closing date for clearances is 31 July. If think clearances with in the SANFL can be publicly accessed.

Unless I was sold a pup

Clearance date is definitely 31/7 because of delay to season starting due to Covid19.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:02 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

.....Interesting.

Unless I was sold a pup

Clearance date is definitely 31/7 because of delay to season starting due to Covid19.

My source on the Eagles board Wimpy Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm

Injury list
Ethan Haylock
Groin
Indefinite
Louis Sharrad
Hand
1 Week
Jesse Lonergan
Adductor
Available
Jamie Coff
Knee
Indefinite
Rupert Peake
Hamstring
Available
Matthew Goldsworthy
Glute
1-2 Weeks
Luke Thompson
Thigh
1-2 Weeks
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:34 pm

Maybe the guy on the board is throwing you off the scent Micky. Capel would do his research and was at the Bay on Saturday. Hiding. Need a back up Ruckman more than a forward. If Redden goes down we are farked. Norwood are the side that worries me. Laden with talent. Saving grace may be their crap coach and having Irra in the side.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm

The Barton wrote:Maybe the guy on the board is throwing you off the scent Micky. Capel would do his research and was at the Bay on Saturday. Hiding. Need a back up Ruckman more than a forward. If Redden goes down we are farked. Norwood are the side that worries me. Laden with talent. Saving grace may be their crap coach and having Irra in the side.

I think the isolation thing could be what holds them up .
I have no idea but we will find out at some stage
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Eagles35 is on the ball. He or She will know the inside goss I'm sure. Don't let us down Eagles!!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:15 pm

No i don't sorry, just say a official told me that info before the reserves ran out about Goldy and Kai i could've posted it but wasn't sure if that info would've leaked out especially to the opposition and Kai before the game was in a cheeky mood which he can be sometimes be.like that, just say I'm very popular with the players
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:18 pm

I'm sure you will find out soon Eagles35. Good to hear you are so close to the players. They must like you a lot. How close I wonder!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:38 pm

The Barton wrote:I'm sure you will find out soon Eagles35. Good to hear you are so close to the players. They must like you a lot. How close I wonder!

I know who Eagles35 is not sure Eagles35 knows who I am .
Nothing bad The Barton the players know Eagles35 the same way I do.
You have to meet Eagles 35 to know what I mean
And all the players are Eagles35 friends

I won’t say more but there’s nothing going on like you are hinting
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Yeah i know who you are MickyJ
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Yeah i know who you are MickyJ

Just sticking up for you
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:19 pm

West is still in the reserves Michael came in to replace Coff vs North can't see him getting dropped as apart from Michael no one is really a true ruckman behind him remember Firns can ruck
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:51 pm

This was posted on Advertiser site late this afternoon

FLAG favourite Woodville-West Torrens is fighting to get VFL star Sam Lowson to Adelaide as SANFL clubs zero in on key recruits before Friday’s 5pm transfer deadline.

While North Adelaide is in talks to bring former Power ruckman Matthew Lobbe back to SA to boost its premiership hopes, AFL draft prospect Lowson has agreed to join the Eagles after the VFL season was cancelled because of COVID-19.

But the Victorian-based forward, from Coburg, is still waiting for the green light from SA Health and the SA Police because of the strict State border controls between the two States.

“Sam wants to play for us and we’re in the process of trying to get him over,’’ said Eagles chief executive Luke Powell.

“That’s become a bit of a battle, a bit frustrating, so we’ll continue to work with SA Health and the police to see what we can do.

“He’s ready to come over but it (his application, which includes a work permit as a carpenter) is on edge a bit at the moment.’’

rilliant medium forward Lowson, 24, this year emotionally revealed his battle with drugs and how he had turned the corner in the hope of playing AFL.

He was almost certain to be selected in last year’s AFL mid-season rookie draft before cruelly suffering a serious ankle injury two days before the draft.

The Eagles, who sit top with a 4-1 win-loss record, have already signed VFL team of the year onballer James Tsitas from Geelong’s VFL side to boost their flag chances.

The 25-year-old inside midfielder, who had signed to play for Williamstown this season, has been granted a work permit and is currently serving a 14-day quarantine period in Adelaide.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 pm

Columbo wrote:This was posted on Advertiser site late this afternoon

FLAG favourite Woodville-West Torrens is fighting to get VFL star Sam Lowson to Adelaide as SANFL clubs zero in on key recruits before Friday’s 5pm transfer deadline.

While North Adelaide is in talks to bring former Power ruckman Matthew Lobbe back to SA to boost its premiership hopes, AFL draft prospect Lowson has agreed to join the Eagles after the VFL season was cancelled because of COVID-19.

But the Victorian-based forward, from Coburg, is still waiting for the green light from SA Health and the SA Police because of the strict State border controls between the two States.

“Sam wants to play for us and we’re in the process of trying to get him over,’’ said Eagles chief executive Luke Powell.

“That’s become a bit of a battle, a bit frustrating, so we’ll continue to work with SA Health and the police to see what we can do.

“He’s ready to come over but it (his application, which includes a work permit as a carpenter) is on edge a bit at the moment.’’

rilliant medium forward Lowson, 24, this year emotionally revealed his battle with drugs and how he had turned the corner in the hope of playing AFL.

He was almost certain to be selected in last year’s AFL mid-season rookie draft before cruelly suffering a serious ankle injury two days before the draft.

The Eagles, who sit top with a 4-1 win-loss record, have already signed VFL team of the year onballer James Tsitas from Geelong’s VFL side to boost their flag chances.

The 25-year-old inside midfielder, who had signed to play for Williamstown this season, has been granted a work permit and is currently serving a 14-day quarantine period in Adelaide.
Well I’m shocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 pm

I doubt that the club will get permission to import a player from Victoria at this late stage with the border about to be closed to even South Australians. If they have a player already here in isolation he may be a chance.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Reddeer wrote:I doubt that the club will get permission to import a player from Victoria at this late stage with the border about to be closed to even South Australians. If they have a player already here in isolation he may be a chance.

Don't we just have to register him by the 31st and just see what happens. He doesn't need to show straight away.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

If there's a way the Eagles will miss out on a prized recruit, don't worry, we'll find it.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Maybe the official whoever he/she is wwasn't allowed to say anything just like Kai in for Goldy it could've been confidential just like the late change
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:47 pm

From a quick google, looks like Lowson would be a Tim Inkster type player? Quick, powerful mid size forward, which would be very handy! Hopefully it all works out.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:46 pm

From the SANFL. Normal clearances within operative leagues, the close off date for clearances is 30 June 2020. But for leagues that have closed down due to covid19 the closing date for clearances for players from these leagues is 31 July 2020 as I previously mentioned in regard to Sam Lowson and James Tsitas.

Think we might have missed out on Sam Lowson, just didn't get to the line or border.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next