Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium

+2
wimpy
MichaelScott
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium  Empty Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:56 pm

League 2.10
Seconds 11.30
Women’s 4.45

What to expect this week from the eagles 🦅
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 pm

EAGLES

Eagles rover Jake Comitogianni could play his first Statewide Super League game of the year against Glenelg on Saturday.

The ball magnet has been named on the five-man extended interchange bench with Cooper Gaffney and Jack Firns, with two players to be trimmed before the bounce.

Reliable defender Joe Heinjus will miss at least a fortnight with an ankle injury.

League

F: Poole, N. Hayes, Rowe

HF: Petrenko, J. Hayes, Hall

C: Haylock, Foote, Sinor

HB: Toumpas, Thompson, J. Gaffney

B: Rowland, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad

INT: Comitogianni, Johansen, C. Gaffney, Boyd, Firns

IN: Comitogianni, C. Gaffney, Firns

OUT: Heinjus (ankle)

Reserves
West, Weidemann, Lee, Nason, Cook, E. Miller, X. Redden, House, Brill, Schmusch, Morgan, Guilhaus, Davis, Moore, McLeod, Langcake, Westbrook, Mead, Armfield.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles Saturday May 4 th ACH group stadium

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 02, 2019 8:42 pm

No Seb again. Crazy pick. I can see him leaving. Good to see Jake C in the side. Always liked him.

Time for Boyd to be dropped and Haylock lucky.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 03, 2019 5:42 am

goddy11 wrote:No Seb again. Crazy pick. I can see him leaving. Good to see Jake C in the side. Always liked him.

I’m with you on Seb
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:No Seb again. Crazy pick. I can see him leaving. Good to see Jake C in the side. Always liked him.

Seb hasn't been overly convincing in his last two reserves matches.

Hope Comitogianni makes the final 21. Boyd and Johansen very close to their use by date.
Haylock must continue to kick goals, last week's two, were his first for the season.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 pm

wimpy wrote:

Hope Comitogianni makes the final 21. Boyd and Johansen very close to their use by date.
Haylock must continue to kick goals, last week's two, were his first for the season.

We need pace jake is a start
We need our players to back each other up as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri May 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Haylock didn't kick any goals last week...he's playing on the wing...why??? he would have to be the slowest player at the club and can't find the ball...astonishing that he still gets a game
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 03, 2019 5:42 pm

MichaelScott wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Haylock didn't kick any goals last week...he's playing on the wing...why??? he would have to be the slowest player at the club and can't find the ball...astonishing that he still gets a game

After last weeks games with ins and outs . I’ve learnt players going out aren’t always the ones on the extended bench . Same applies for incoming players like Poole last week .
So I guess we will only know for sure tomorrow.

I’m still confused with why Seb doesn’t get selected .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri May 03, 2019 6:00 pm

Agree about Seb..he's mobile and can play like an extra midfielder and can clunk marks up forward...get him in before its too late
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 03, 2019 6:05 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Agree about Seb..he's mobile and can play like an extra midfielder and can clunk marks up forward...get him in before its too late

I think recruiting needs to be vamped up for next year .
I was told a rumour a few weeks ago we are giving a basketball player a short preseason . As I said a rumour no idea if we are or aren’t
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 am

MichaelScott wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Apologies, kicked two against West.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 am

I just a post on another forum saying we are playing the same game style . I know I wear glasses surely that’s a joke . I hope we can actually wake up and win !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat May 04, 2019 12:42 pm

I see Boyd is in the 2's. 18 possessions at 1/2 time. Firns also there. Seb seems to be ok by SANFL app with 8 possessions and 18 HO at 1/2 time.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 04, 2019 1:41 pm

goddy11 wrote:I see Boyd is in the 2's. 18 possessions at 1/2 time. Firns also there. Seb seems to be ok by SANFL app with 8 possessions and 18 HO at 1/2 time.

Look at Moore 7 goals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Another terrible game for three quarters
Something needs to change
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat May 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Reckon it is official now, don't like to concede but we are a rudderless rabble completely devoid of confidence. I expected some teething problems but i am gobsmacked by our apparent lack of spirit. I'm not bailing out but the Eags have given us an effort
week in and week out. Norwood has had our measure when we have been the best team in the comp so lose after the state game and season over.
Just goes to show , seize the day like West in 2015
I shall have a cup of tea and settle down now😏
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Gazz wrote:Reckon it is official now, don't like to concede but we are a rudderless rabble completely devoid of confidence. I expected some teething problems but i am gobsmacked by our apparent lack of spirit. I'm not bailing out but the Eags have given us an effort
week in and  week out. Norwood has had our measure when we have been the best team in the comp so lose after the state game and season over.
Just goes to show , seize the day like West in 2015
I shall have a cup of tea and settle down now😏

I think you could be right the white flag is up
West in the seconds pulled a hammy
Not a good day
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat May 04, 2019 7:38 pm

I guess Eagles supporters are used to losing in the finals but the dismal showings in the minor round so far is something new and by the look of it what we will need to get used to for awhile. Rudderless over handballing trash being dished up for 5 games now
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Reddeer wrote:I guess Eagles supporters are used to losing in the finals but the dismal showings in the minor round so far is something new and by the look of it what we will need to get used to for awhile. Rudderless over handballing trash being dished up for 5 games now

There’s another way to say it yes Ruddlerless .
I think watching them this year too old too short too slow
And do they want to play as a team because right now they aren’t for players with that much experience they aren’t .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat May 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Previous records of string of losses by Woodville West Torrens
1995 six losses in a row finished second to bottom
1997 eight losses in a row finished third to bottom
2012 lost first five games but made it to Elim Final but lost that to North
Not good signs so far for this year
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 05, 2019 9:08 am

y ZAC MILBANK

Glenelg scratched its seven-year itch against Woodville-West Torrens in emphatic fashion, blitzing the Eagles by 50 points at ACH Group Stadium on Saturday.

The Tigers last tasted victory against the Eagles in Round 11, 2012, losing their last 12 matches – including six at Brighton Road – in succession to the boys from Oval Avenue.

And while the Bays made their patient fans wait for success against one of SANFL’s perennial pacesetters, the performance to break the streak was well worth the admission price.

After Nick Hayes booted the first goal of the second term for the Eagles, Glenelg went on a 20-minute rampage to kick the next seven goals in succession to open up a 44-point lead nearing the main change.

Tiger tall forwards Luke Reynolds, who finished with four majors and eight marks, Liam McBean and Lachie Hosie were lapping up the repeat inside 50 entries as they made things count on the scoreboard.

Lesser-lights Darcy Bailey and Tom Schott also got in on the act to boot three goals each as the even team spread of contributions was again a feature of the Bays’ victory.

Three players – Marlon Motlop, Matt Snook and Elliot Chalmers – all chalked up 25 disposals to be at the head of the leading disposal winners while Jesse White continued his impressive form in the ruck to collect 18 disposals, six marks, four tackles, five clearances and 34 hitouts.

Five losses in succession have suddenly piled up for the Eagles, who managed to restore some respect on the scoreboard with six goals in the final term.

With James Boyd squeezed out of the side into the Reserves, the midfield load was left to former Gold Cast Sun Jesse Lonergan, who picked up a team-high 26 touches while former Power half-back Jimmy Toumpas had 24.

Jake Von Bertouch continues to show off his versatility this season by booting three goals after spending the majority of his Statewide Super League career as a key defender.

The Eagles will have a fortnight to reset themselves for their must-win Round 7 contest against Norwood at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval while Glenelg will look to keep things rolling when it travels to X Convenience Oval to face Central District.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 05, 2019 9:11 am

I’m afraid my Eagles are not playing as a team , more like a team of individuals. Plus I continue with my statement to old to short to slow .
Fans / members were rumbling yesterday are the players playing for the coach . Did the eagles go the wrong route . These are fans thoughts .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

On paper we are a top 4 side. Too old is not an issue. I watched yesterday on digital so may not be correct but our defence which always has been a strength is non existent. Stewart was a big loss for his steadying effect. Our lead up work to he forwards seems to have no structure. Foot skills are poor. Foote gets a lot of touches but not to best effect.
On the coach, give him time. I don't like the idea of interstate coaches. We have had 2 coaches from 2001 to 2018. I would have looked locally like we did with Godden with maybe someone with WWT in their blood. Our strength over the years was our juniors. Maybe look within. Maybe offer a big deal to Colville or Wright at SA or similar former player.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 05, 2019 11:16 am

goddy11 wrote:On paper we are a top 4 side. Too old is not an issue. I watched yesterday on digital so may not be correct but our defence which always has been a strength is non existent. Stewart was a big loss for his steadying effect.  Our lead up work to he forwards seems to have no structure. Foot skills are poor. Foote gets a lot of touches but not to best effect.
On the coach, give him time. I don't like the idea of interstate coaches. We have had 2 coaches from 2001 to 2018. I would have looked locally like we did with Godden with maybe someone with WWT in their blood. Our strength over the years was our juniors. Maybe look within. Maybe offer a big deal to Colville or Wright at SA or similar former player.

We as an eagles group at the oval were talking about Stewart and Boyd yesterday. Being on field generals last year . This has vanished poor Pup was screaming to someone about giving a handball. Foote tries he’s been the best import so far this year that’s why he’s in the state squad.
If you were there you’d have seen the age height and pace issue .
Toumpas I’ll name him gave up two goals and couldn’t hit redden with a handball
But we’ve been shown up for pace and game style .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 am

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:On paper we are a top 4 side. Too old is not an issue. I watched yesterday on digital so may not be correct but our defence which always has been a strength is non existent. Stewart was a big loss for his steadying effect.  Our lead up work to he forwards seems to have no structure. Foot skills are poor. Foote gets a lot of touches but not to best effect.

We as an eagles group at the oval were talking about Stewart and Boyd yesterday. Being on field generals last year . This has vanished poor Pup was screaming to someone about giving a handball. Foote tries he’s been the best import so far this year that’s why he’s in the state squad.
If you were there you’d have seen the age height and pace issue .
Toumpas I’ll name him gave up two goals and couldn’t hit redden with a handball
But we’ve been shown up for pace and game style .

You mention age. Which players are you talking about?  Most clubs have a similar demographic. If your good enough you make the side. Pace is just about use of the ball. We turn it over too much. That's a coaching issue and our major issue. We handball to player not in best advantage.  Height in attack is an issue.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next