Aerie
Gregod
Titan2
whybother
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium  Empty Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:06 am

Seconds 10.20
League 1.05pm

I think it’s a must win game for the Eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium

Post by whybother Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:31 pm

This is what is called a 4 point game
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:05 pm

EAGLES

League

F: Hardie, D. Menzel, Comitogianni

HF: Firns, Ballenden, Lonergan

C: Mutch, Knight, Toumpas

HB: Buck, Lehmann, Rowland

B: Litster, Thompson, Duval

R: Redden, Clarke, Sinor

INT: Guilhaus, Pearce, Ellis-Yolmen, McLeod, Beecken, Bruce

IN: Pearce, Toumpas, Ballenden, Bruce

OUT: Goldsworthy (Covid Health & Safety Protocols), T. Menzel (knee)

NEW: Ryan Bruce (RSMU)

MILESTONE: Jimmy Toumpas (100 games)

Reserves
Neumann, Mair, Hoile, Adams, Lukac, Wheare, Cooke, Pudney, Dawkins, Michael, Thomson, Asfaha, O’Reilly, Hansen, Hill, Ueding, Phillips, Wollogorang, Blair, Siney

Under-18
F: Carter, O’Dea, Davey
HF: Ellis, Menta, Niemann
C: Angove, Battle, Toole
HB: Day, McKay, Bertelsmeier
B: Stockman, Pearce, Williamson

R: Hunter-Price, Tilbrook, Arthur
INT: Baker, Dohnt, G. Hansen, Haley, Harris, McNeil

Under-16
F: Sumner, Phillips, Burgoyne
HF: Walshaw, Welsh, Jones
C: Sands, Jamieson, Hasting
HB: Dodd, Harris, Sauer
B: Pollard, Delmenico, Hawker

R: McNeil, Herbert, Lucas
INT: Ali, Beggren-Levitt, Griffiths, Peucker, Piggott, Willmott

So we’ve lost Goldsworthy but got Ballenden back
Will they play Seb this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Could well be the strongest team the Eagles have named all year - probably only missing T Menzel as a certain starter.

However it's all about attitude. Will we come out desperate and firing? Or will we be sluggish and have to catch up a deficit?

Strangely enough if results go our way (including results of other matches) we could find ourselves in the top 3 come Sunday night.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:50 pm

I think that its always dangerous to tempt the Gods of Football
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:00 pm

With the AFL dropping the covid jab requirements what does this mean for Cam Yolman. Will he stay till the end of the year
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:50 pm

Gregod wrote:With the AFL dropping the covid jab requirements what does this mean for  Cam Yolman. Will he stay till the end of the year

I think he could return to Brisbane's list if they put another player currently on their list to the Inactive List to replace him (i.e. someone with a long term injury). I'm not sure if they're in that position. I would guess he'll stay with us given he hasn't trained with Brisbane since January.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Congrats to Jimmy T. 100 SANFL games. Taken awhile. 3 premierships in that. His highlights in 2011 were amazing.

https://youtu.be/_2IxC_SIGNI
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:53 am

I can see Beeckan in the 2's. Maybe JT not playing.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:30 am

goddy11 wrote:I can see Beeckan in the 2's. Maybe JT not playing.

I saw something that said he had to pass a fitness test to play today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:33 am

Seconds in front at half time kicked 5 goals that quarter
43 to 15
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:13 pm

Mickyj wrote:Seconds in front at half time kicked 5 goals that quarter
43 to 15
That turned quickly 3rd term. I was watching the U18 and bingo.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:48 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Seconds in front at half time kicked 5 goals that quarter
43 to 15
That turned quickly 3rd term. I was watching the U18 and bingo.

Yep another seconds loss I’m afraid
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:11 pm

who is out micky
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:43 pm

goddy11 wrote:who is out micky

Got to this to late
Game is virtually over Eagles didn’t turn up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:11 pm

Trying to have the outlook anything can happen if we get there. Looking less likely week by week. Can cop a loss but where has that real competitive egde gone?
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Has Sheedy run out of magic powder to sprinkle around?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:54 pm

AFL pillaging has brought us back to the pack. Trick for Sheedy now is to get who is available to compete and blend. Effort should be a given, enough weeks to get the mix right?
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:27 pm

whybother wrote:Has Sheedy run out of magic powder to sprinkle around?

Some puzzling selections this week. Why would you drop Beecken - one of our few attacking players who can run and kick the ball long - who played well last week and bring in a first game player (Bruce) who hasn't exactly been knocking the door down demanding to be picked??? Huge risk which backfired spectacularly.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Titan2 wrote:

Some puzzling selections this week. Why would you drop Beecken - one of our few attacking players who can run and kick the ball long - who played well last week and bring in a first game player (Bruce) who hasn't exactly been knocking the door down demanding to be picked??? Huge risk which backfired spectacularly.
\

Thought Beecken was among our best last week
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:56 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

\

Thought Beecken was among our best last week

That was a shock to me him dropped and play three tall players
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:59 pm

They have McBean, Reynolds and Hosie, once Thommo was out needed another tall to replace him.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:51 pm

Sheedy hasn’t been in this position before. It seems he backs his senior players in and the younger players are put on the chopping block for poor performances. At least selection shows it that way. Dropping Beecken was the worst call of the season. Our lack of dare and run has been exposed. He is one player who has shown that in the past fortnight, on the back of fighting his way back in to the team, and he gets dropped.

The performance today was weak in that 1st half. Poor selections. Poor performance from the opening bounce.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:28 am

Was surprised to see Beecken in the 2’s after the last couple of games.
Our starts have been a problem over the last 6 weeks and it has now cost us 3 games. 26-3 is one of the biggest discrepancies in inside 50’s I can recall, it was all one way traffic in that first half, luckily they only went at 42% efficiency.

I wonder how the game would have played out had we won the toss and had the breeze first and how the last quarter might have looked if we didn’t cough up the last 2 goals in the 3rd and went in 39 points down instead of 51,

As was mentioned earlier in the thread I think we are seeing now what was maybe expected by some to happen last year, the loss of players to AFL and retirements and other fringe players moving on is starting to stretch us, we aren’t out of the race yet but it’s looking like a shuffle not a sprint at the moment.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:25 am

Columbo wrote:Was surprised to see Beecken in the 2’s after the last couple of games.
Our starts have been a problem over the last 6 weeks and it has now cost us 3 games. 26-3 is one of the biggest discrepancies in inside 50’s I can recall, it was all one way traffic in that first half, luckily they only went at 42% efficiency.

I wonder how the game would have played out had we won the toss and had the breeze first and how the last quarter might have looked if we didn’t cough up the last 2 goals in the 3rd and went in 39 points down instead of 51,

As was mentioned earlier in the thread I think we are seeing now what was maybe expected by some to happen last year, the loss of players to AFL and retirements and other fringe players moving on is starting to stretch us, we aren’t out of the race yet but it’s looking like a shuffle not a sprint at the moment.

A game under difficult conditions "Win the toss Win the game"
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next