Aerie
Gregod
Titan2
whybother
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium

Post by Aerie Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:00 am

Most likely 3 out of 4 wins will be needed to make the 5, including a win against Sturt. Need to pull one out of the hat against North or the Crows in the next fortnight!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 16 July ACH stadium

Post by whybother Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:30 am

I saw a #11 playing in Reserves yesterday and it wasnt Allmond. Has he left the club?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 am

We need a BIG improvement on the way we have played over the last month. Unexpected loss against Centrals, Struggle to beat celler dwellers West, Slaughtered by Premiership danger Norwood, win against useless Port, and now embarrassed by out of form Glenelg
I think at this stage we need to be happy with 2 titles in the bag because a team cant  maintain their superiority when they are raided of their star performers
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm

I don’t want to go on too much but I still maintain the faith that we can rediscover our form and come good. I don’t subscribe to the theory that we have been raided too much over the past two years and what we have been seeing in the last 4-5 games is the result. We have more than enough good players to be making an impact. It’s just that too many of them have been playing sub-par this year and on the weekend were joined by a few players who have been consistently pretty good for us this season but unfortunately turned in their worst performance all season (Redden, Menzel, Firns). But to be clear, these players cannot be the ones to blame for that performance.

Does anyone know who got named in the best at presentations? Sheedy would have been well within his rights to suspend nominating anyone based on that performance. However for mine I would have selected (in no particular order) Ballenden, Knights and Toumpas and that’s all.

Here’s a few questions I want to throw out for discussion:

Do we have too many midfielders of the same type in the team? Lonergan, Ellis-Yolman, Mutch, Clarke. These are all the get in-and-under and handball it out types. Less inclined to kick long and not particularly fast. In particular I just don’t think we can play Ellis Yolman and Lonergan in the same team as they play the same type of role.

Do we have too many mid-sized defenders in the team? Toumpas, Rowland, Beeken, Litster. I’d say these blokes are fairly consistently our better players but can we play them all in the same team together or do some of them push into the midfield in which case who in the midfield category above misses out?

I just feel that structurally the team is just not right. Almost as if Sheedy is just selecting the best 22 players then wondering how he can fit them into the team, even if they are playing positions they are not suited, as opposed of strategically picking players for a particular position.

It’s probably too late this season to change but somehow we just need to get the right balance between slow and fast and tall and short, outside and inside.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:46 pm

No presentations after away games but I think Toumpas and Knights were probably the 2 best.

Agree we still have some handy players Titan, but sadly we have had a few missing with injury at various times during the season, Toumpas, Lonergan, Cameron, McFarlane, T. Menzel, Mead, Ballenden, we just cant get a settled side

Just off the top of my head these players have all departed one way or another over the past 2 seasons

Rowe, Poulter, Stengle, Williams, Wehr, McNeil, Tsitas, J Hayes, Jones, Mead, Mansell, Sharman, Hayes, Burgoyne.

Von Bertouch, Poole, Giuffreda, N Hayes

Weidemann, Moore, Lee, Schmusch, Westbrook, Haylock

You are always going to lose some but replacing the first two rows or talent and experience is never going to be easy.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2