Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

4 posters

Go down

Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Reserves 11.30
League 2.10

I wonder who will come in Mead suspended and injuries .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Injury List as of Tuesday 22nd July

Ryan Langcake – Knee – Season
Will McPherson – Face – 4 Weeks
Jimmy Toumpas – Hamstring – 2-3Weeks
Tom Gray – Knee – Test
Jamieson House – Back – Available
Ethan Haylock – Concussion – Test
Joseph Heinjus – Finger – 2-3 Weeks
Chris Hall – Hamstring – TBC
James Boyd – Hamstring – TBC
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Sturt 28 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:16 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens will need to make at least three changes for its clash with Sturt on Sunday.

Hamstrung pair James Boyd and Chris Hall were unable to be considered while debutant Jackson Mead accepted a one-match ban for striking from the SANFL Match Review Panel.

Veteran midfielder Scott Lewis headlines the list of possible inclusions, together with former Bulldog Ben Nason who could play his first League game for the Eagles.

Seven players have been named on the extended interchange bench, with four to be trimmed before the bounce.

League

F: Firns, N. Hayes, Rowe

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Sharrad

C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Petrenko

HB: Sinor, Von Bertouch, Rowland

B: Westbrook, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Foote

INT: Comitogianni, C. Gaffney, J. Gaffney, Guilhaus, Moore, Nason, West

IN: Comitogianni, C. Gaffney, Lewis, Nason, Rowland, West, Westbrook

OUT: Boyd (hamstring), Hall (hamstring), Mead (suspension)

Reserves
Gray, Weidemann, Haylock, Lee, Cook, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, Michael, McLeod, Morris, Schoenberg, McNeil, Armfield, Coff, Beecken, Pedler.

Under-18
F: Schofield, Phillips, Barnett
HF: Kasianowicz, Pearce, Carter
C: Frederick, Beecken, Poulter
HB: J. Burgoyne, Francis, Gaze
B: McCann, McNeilly, Jones

R: H. Smith, Hoile, Z. Williams
INT: Brownlie, Godden, Kennedy, Pitt, Scott, Watson
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Long interchange list. Must be a few fitness checks.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:39 am

goddy11 wrote:Long interchange list. Must be a few fitness checks.

I’d say Moore could have got hurt against Centrals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:26 am

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Long interchange list. Must be a few fitness checks.

I’d say Moore could have got hurt against Centrals

Injury list may explain part of last weeks loss. The reserves have named 21 players so I suspect he A grade may have a few outs.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:25 pm

I see this game as a telling test for The Eagles for several reasons -

A. Test the player’s resilience/confidence after last week’s capitulation
B. Test our club’s depth – 3 outs (so far), with possibly more to be included
C. Test the Coach. He, like Godden, appeared to have no backup plan when the opposition piled-on the goals in the second half of the game

…and, it may test my blood pressure, cos I cannot staaand Sturt!!

I like the inclusion of Rowland into the team. He is experienced, in good form (35 disposals last week), versatile, a bit of a tough-nut, and his inclusion in the back line allows Goldy to take Hally’s position on the wing. Likewise, the selection of Westbrook, who has a bit of grunt and pace, might help check Sturt’s dangerous small forwards.
It is great to have Lewie back in the league team. His experience, and pinpoint delivery of the footy into the forward line could be a telling factor to a more efficient Eagle’s attack.

Go you Mighty Eagles!
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:58 am

The Eagles U18s have started the day with a powerful exhibition of footy, crushing Sturt - 114pts to 12pts.

Commi, Nason and Cooper Gaffney are playing in the Reserves. West must be in the Seniors (inferring that Seb must be injured??)

Go the Gold, Green & Blue!
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Woody wrote:The Eagles U18s have started the day with a powerful exhibition of footy, crushing Sturt - 114pts to 12pts.

Commi, Nason and Cooper Gaffney are playing in the Reserves. West must be in the Seniors (inferring that Seb must be injured??)

Lewis, Rowland, West, Westbrook not playing reserves from what I see. West is a dud, Hope Seb and Redden both not out. Moore seemed injured last week.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:44 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Woody wrote:The Eagles U18s have started the day with a powerful exhibition of footy, crushing Sturt - 114pts to 12pts.

Lewis,  Rowland, West, Westbrook not playing reserves from what I see. West is a dud, Hope Seb and Redden both not out. Moore seemed injured last week.

Well I guess we are playing the way we started the year rubbish today .
West was good
Were all our players fit today ?
Sturt were everywhere
Sturts short kick game killed us today
Kicking 1 goal 6 killed us in the first

I hope the recruiting staff have the cheque books out .
Midfield to slow
No taggers on Kirkwood no real tagged in the club
Forwards missing goals from 15 metres out not good enough
We need some more taller back men
Sorry I’m still not over the loss
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:04 pm

I stayed home and watched it on digital. I had a bad feeling and after a Crows loss yesterday I could not handle 2 in a row. I must say West surprised me. Played well. Yes I think a few came into the game carrying injuries. The reason for so many subs. I suspect late fitness checks. Pup was quiet and Moore must have been suspect.  The days of the chequebook are well and truly over. Our issue was the forwards not leading and holding the ball in the area.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Game was pretty much gone at quarter time, 1.6 with the breeze probably as strong as it was for the game was always going to come back and bite us as it has in the past. Created enough opportunities, as we have been all year....but couldn't convert as we have struggled to do alot of the year.
Westy has really come a long way this year, would expect him to be very high up in 2's B&F.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:48 am

Very disappointing result. I agree with Columbo, 1.6 was a poor return kicking with the breeze in the 1st quarter. I thought we really missed Hall and Boyd as another ave/pressure through the midfield. Seb was a huge out yesterday. He can take a strong grab and also fights on the deck to keep the ball in the forward line (something that Redden cannot do) Rowe was ineffective, only gathered 2 kicks for the day. 
Pup's chase and tackle in the last quarter was outstanding and reflected some urgency that the team mustered for 20 min in the last quarter (kicking 4 goals and winning the quarter).

It is evident from our past two big games, that both Glenelg and Sturt can maintain 4 quarter pressure, whereas the Eagles are inconsistent.

Who would want to be a coach of the Eagles at the moment?? Rolling Eyes
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Woody wrote:Very disappointing result. I agree with Columbo, 1.6 was a poor return kicking with the breeze in the 1st quarter. I thought we really missed Hall and Boyd as another ave/pressure through the midfield. Seb was a huge out yesterday. He can take a strong grab and also fights on the deck to keep the ball in the forward line (something that Redden cannot do) Rowe was ineffective, only gathered 2 kicks for the day. 
Pup's chase and tackle in the last quarter was outstanding and reflected some urgency that the team mustered for 20 min in the last quarter (kicking 4 goals and winning the quarter).

It is evident from our past two big games, that both Glenelg and Sturt can maintain 4 quarter pressure, whereas the Eagles are inconsistent.

Who would want to be a coach of the Eagles at the moment?? Rolling Eyes

There was a conspiracy rumour in the group I was sitting with yesterday . Older heads about Godden leaving the club late I won’t post the conspiracy.
But the last three weeks highlights issues the issues being recruiting
We didn’t have enough time after Godden left us for Sam to actually go through the lists .
See what we need as in players .
We lack pace in the midfield we lack a tagger in the midfield
We lack a big forward
Hopefully next year the recruiters will improve their job .

I’d like to know what happened to Picket and Walker in the seconds there last week gone this week .
Gray named in the seconds after his injury but he didn’t play

The Eagles first time in years to miss the finals
Sam needs to make a earlier start in 2020
Some of our guys need to retire
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Pickett was out for college footy.
Ainsley Walker was a one off thing, down from the APY lands, played 1 game last year and  possibly 2017 also, along the same lines as Amos Frank a few years ago.
Was looking forward to seeing Tommy Gray back but is it worth risking him now?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:51 am

Columbo wrote:Pickett was out for college footy.
Ainsley Walker was a one off thing, down from the APY lands, played 1 game last year and  possibly 2017 also, along the same lines as Amos Frank a few years ago.
Was looking forward to seeing Tommy Gray back but is it worth risking him now?

Thanks Columbo
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am

I suspect a few of our recent performances are owing to players injuries. Rowey has reduced his output since that shoulder a few weeks ago. Pup has been down. Probably a few more. Its not panic time. Recruiting I feel was good. Lonergan, Foote, Toumpas. Our juniors are as good as any. I was actually impressed by West on Sunday. I recall him earlier in the year and was surprised by output and improvement. Styling his game on ROB in the crows and Redden. . I would start introducing juniors that will be there next year. The lads that will be drafted ie Schoenberg and Mead may not be worth trialling although they deserve it.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 am

goddy11 wrote:I suspect a few of our recent performances are owing to players injuries. Rowey has reduced his output since that shoulder a few weeks ago. Pup has been down. Probably a few more. Its not panic time. Recruiting I feel was good. Lonergan, Foote, Toumpas. Our juniors are as good as any. I was actually impressed by West on Sunday. I recall him earlier in the year and was surprised by output and improvement. Styling his game on ROB in the crows and Redden. . I would start introducing juniors that will be there next year. The lads that will be drafted ie Schoenberg and Mead may not be worth trialling although they deserve it.

See what happens when I hang out with older Eagles fans I listened to them .
Toumpas is one that’s been spoken a lot on the terraces at oval ave . I’ll say allegedly the fans are saying our president got him early and no one knew that is one rumble . I’m not saying they are correct or incorrect.
Foote is great . Lonergan you need to see him on the pass or TV to see his benefits.
Pup was injured by one of our players against the dogs .

But the mob on the terraces don’t agree with you Goddy
Sam now needs to take control of recruiting we need something big up forward bigger than Hayes. We need pace in the midfield when Kirkwood with his stomach hanging out either his jumper was to small or he was wearing Eddie Betts shorts . It’s time to find pace .

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Injury List as of Monday 29th July

Jimmy Toumpas – Hamstring – 2-3Weeks  
Joseph Heinjus – Finger – 2-3 Weeks
Chris Hall – Hamstring – 2 Weeks
James Boyd – Hamstring – 2 Weeks
Seb Guilhaus – Quad – 3 Weeks    
Tom Gray – Knee – Test
Ethan Haylock – Hand – TBC
Harry Schoenberg – Ankle – TBC
Joseph Sinor – Knee – TBC   

No Seb, Hally, Boydy & Joey - to face Port in two weeks.  No
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down