Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:50 am

Eagles v Sturt
Saturday 30 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

must win game for the Eagles i hope we do
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:00 am

Interesting last few games coming up. Even if we win I think Sturt will end up minor premiers as they have a softer draw than us. Percent is similar.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:38 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has regained star goalsneak Lachlan McGregor for Saturday’s blockbuster against Sturt at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.
Sidelined for the Eagles’ win against Adelaide in Round 17, McGregor has overcome a minor calf strain to be named on the four-man extended interchange bench.
‘’If it was a final he probably would have played but we thought we would take a cautious approach with him,’’ Eagles coach Michael Godden said.
Star forward Andrew Ainger will play his 100th IGA League match after making his debut with South Adelaide in Round 1 2011.

League
F: Gaffney, Wundke, Redden
HF: Rowland, Ainger, N. Hayes
C: O’Brien, Poole, Jarrad
HB: Goldsworthy, Von Bertouch, Hall
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Guiffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Boyd
INT: Lewis, Haylock, Allmond, McGregor
IN: McGregor

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Stengle, Summerton, Press
C: Rowntree, Firns, C. Giles
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: J. Hayes, Yarran, M. Raymond
INT: B. Ellis, Westbrook, Woods

Under-18
F: Friend, Gericke, Creeper
HF: Weidemann, Moller, Hayes
C: Goold, Smith, Georgeson
HB: Coxon, Lukosius, Mentz
B: Hoyle, Beecken, Bondarenko

R: Baqeri, Lee, Longbottom
INT: Cook, Fairall, Martin, Miller, Moore, Zille
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 pm

SANFL News
28 JUL 2016
AINGER AIMING AT FLAG

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

Woodville-West Torrens forward Andrew Ainger is determined not to let another Grand Final chance slip as he prepares for his 100th IGA League match on Saturday.

Set to tackle Sturt in a top-of-the-table clash at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval, Ainger admitted the pain of last year’s shock loss to West Adelaide in the title-decider was driving him in 2016.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, the 28-year-old revealed his relationship with dual Magarey Medallist Joel Cross began with the Kew Rovers in Melbourne.

After spending four years in Canberra with Belconnen FC – which included a premiership - Ainger again linked up with Cross in the SANFL at South Adelaide.

The high-flying forward spent two years at Noarlunga before crossing to the Eagles for the start of 2013, the same year he represented the West End State team against the NEAFL.

Rating former Bloods defender Joel Tippett as his toughest opponent, Ainger is relishing his role as the SANFL’s Diversity Programs Coordinator, having worked with the organisation for six years.

Measuring in at 197cm and 93kg, Ainger is widely regarded as one of the best marks in the SANFL with the Eagles spearhead regularly appearing on the highlight reels
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Measuring in at ....cm and ....kg, Zac needs a new script to work from
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Andrew is not playing well but nobody pressuring his selection. Hopefully, he plays well tomorrow and shores up his position. Jack Hayes is developing, possibly not big enough yet and Whittlesea is an honest contributor without the big presence. ? whether Cameron Giles can step up his performances and come under
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:17 am

Premiers wrote:Andrew is not playing well  but nobody pressuring his selection. Hopefully, he plays well tomorrow and shores up his position. Jack Hayes is developing, possibly not big enough yet and Whittlesea is an honest contributor without the big presence. ? whether Cameron Giles can step up his performances and come under

Andrew has been in and out with injury and I think he may be carrying an injury. He does take out the key defender but I am concerned with his form. I don't watch the "b's" but what position does Cam play. He's listed as a wingman. I did see the last quarter a few weeks back and the big fellow Cox impressed. I am also a fan of Raikiwasa. Does he look like he may get a game. Saying all that our senior side is looking potent "on paper anyway" .
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Goddy
You may be confusing Giles Ellis (wingman/half back) with CHB Cameron Giles. Watching Cameron play at the moment (halftime in the Seconds), good size 195cm and overhead, makes good decisions and
excellent kick. He's not dominating at present having missed a lot of football over the past 2 years and some fitness to catch up.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:05 am

yesterday was true Eagles football. All played well. We could have won by more. AA played well in his 100th game. Our tackling is brutal and our defence is truly our strong point. I still feel Wundke is our weak point. If he doesn't score a bag of goals there's no where to hide him. Our B's need to find some-one for that position.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:15 am

goddy11 wrote:yesterday was true Eagles football. All played well. We could have won by more. AA played well in his 100th game.  Our tackling is brutal and our defence is truly our strong point. I still feel Wundke is our weak point. If he doesn't score a bag of goals there's no where to hide him. Our B's need to find some-one for that position.
Much better performance by team. Disagree about Wundke he is a constant threat to opposition defence with his strength and marking. Even if he doesn't kick the goals the small forwards can feed of spoilt marks. Hope that Hall's hamstring isn't as bad as it looked
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:39 pm

I thought Sturt were going to hurt the Eagles yesterday but after the 15 min mark of the third term they had gone home .
I think Ainger played the game he needed to he was back to taking the impossible marks . Eagles showed Sturts lack of height down back Ainger Wundke macgregor held then Redden and Bomber where taking screamers in packs . Honestly how did Ainger take a chest mark surrounded by sturt back men . And i think Sturt having one ruckman is a mistake . Redden improved greatly since the North game and the port game .
That was the eagles playing like a grandfinal yesterday.
wundke at full forward straightens the eagles up IMHO.
The run yesterday was top notch Gaffney from that bad pass to redden didnt stop end result goal.

And im over loosing teams fans yelling out pies to Wundke thats when he should fire up and kick a bag . IIRC he had it yelled at him first term and took a great mark and goal .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Like you Redder, 100% for Wundke. He is our most dangerous tall forward CONSISTENTLY. When neither Ainger nor Wundke are kicking big bags of goals, then Wundke is still invaluable for his heavy bullocking work.
Fresh in my mind is Wundke's last year's GF performance - the only Eagle who could hold his head high with 5 hardfought goals under colossal pressure. And this year he has adjusted to playing further up the ground.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 am

Premiers wrote:Like you Redder, 100% for Wundke. He is our most dangerous tall forward CONSISTENTLY. When neither Ainger nor Wundke are kicking big bags of goals, then Wundke is still invaluable for his heavy bullocking work.
Fresh in my mind is Wundke's last year's GF performance - the only Eagle who could hold his head high with 5 hardfought goals under colossal pressure. And this year he has adjusted to playing further up the ground.

I agree with you and Redder
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Big Boy has had a great year, when the ball is delivered quickly he is a hard man to beat one on one but has also done a bit of work up the ground at times. One of the highlights of last weekend for me was the 2 Sturt defenders trying to crash in from both sides of him, he rode the bump and carried on while they ended up bouncing off each other and hitting the deck.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Columbo wrote:Big Boy has had a great year, when the ball is delivered quickly he is a hard man to beat one on one but has also done a bit of work up the ground at times. One of the highlights of last weekend for me was the 2 Sturt defenders trying to crash in from both sides of him, he rode the bump and carried on while they ended up bouncing off each other and hitting the deck.

Spot on Eagles need him to straighten them up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down