Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval

5 posters

Go down

Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval Empty Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 am

Eagles v Sturt
Reserves 11.30
League 2.10

I guess Poole will be an out with Rowe as an in .
Of course unless Poole is not guilty.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval Empty Re: Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval

Post by herewecome Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Wonder if Bomber will get a game, not sure what more he can do, clearly out of favour. Are his days at Oval Ave numbered
herewecome
herewecome

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval Empty Re: Eagles V Sturt july 21 Maughan Thiem Hyundai oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:13 pm

herewecome wrote:Wonder if Bomber will get a game, not sure what more he can do, clearly out of favour. Are his days at Oval Ave numbered

I won't post what the rumours were at prospect last week.
But it's up to the coach
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:15 pm

So this week's game is cocaptain Lukes 150 th game
Go luke go Eagles
Here is the article

It didn’t take Luke Thompson long to be immersed in the strong culture at Woodville-West Torrens.

Drafted by Adelaide FC from TAC Cup club Geelong Falcons at the end of 2009, the fresh-faced teenager vividly remembers being taken under the wing of fellow Eagle Jared Petrenko as soon as he was allocated Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL mini draft.

And after receiving welcome messages from senior Eagles stars such as Justin Cicolella and Mark McKenzie, Thompson knew Oval Avenue would be his home away from home in South Australia.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, the 27-year-old said he was proud to reach his 150th Macca’s League match against Sturt on Saturday as he’s determined to repay coach Michael Godden and the Eagles during his time in Adelaide.

Now a co-captain of the club with fellow defender Pat Giuffreda, Thompson is eager to again experience the ultimate success after playing in the Eagles’ dramatic 2011 premiership.

A qualified electrician, the West End State team vice-captain has just joined his family’s insurance-broking business in the city.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 am

Mickyj wrote:
herewecome wrote:Wonder if Bomber will get a game, not sure what more he can do, clearly out of favour. Are his days at Oval Ave numbered

But it's up to the coach
I heard rumours as well but not very reliable.
Bomber is in a great position to reinvent himself and I think he can, A very reliable kick for goal. Its a bad time to get back in with Luko, Sinor and Pup coming back. Some talent in the B's knocking on the door. Rowe should replace Gus.

I was going through the list and looking at who may drop out. Gray must be under the pump, not necessarily form but team balance.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

But it's up to the coach
I heard rumours as well but not very reliable.
Bomber is in a great position to reinvent himself and I think he can, A very reliable kick for goal. Its a bad time to get back in with Luko, Sinor and Pup coming back. Some talent in the B's knocking on the door. Rowe should replace Gus.

I was going through the list and looking at who may drop out. Gray must be under the pump, not necessarily form but team balance.

Team balance is one reason why Bomber wasn't selected against North or that's one rumour going around .
Not sure about your thinking on Gray but then again I didn't see Westbrook being dropped for the North game .

Last edited by Mickyj on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 am

Gray
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am

goddy11 wrote:Gray

Fixed

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 am

Luke Thompson
game against Sturt on Saturday is his 14th for this year
124 games for Eagles
12 games for SANFL crows
2 State games
very good acquisition for the club and shows a lot of loyalty (loyalty is rare these days)
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:08 am

Reddeer wrote:Luke Thompson
124 games for Eagles
12 games for SANFL crows
2 State games
very good acquisition for the club and shows a lot of loyalty (loyalty is rare these days)

Very true Reddeer
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am

124 games for Eagles
12 games for SANFL crows
2 State games

I can not believe the Crows dropped him when they did. Played some good games . Sanderson was a twat. There were far more worse player at the time. Our gain massively. Our backline is our strength.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:01 pm

EAGLES

League

Woodville-West Torrens defender Joseph Sinor could play his first Macca’s League game of the season against Sturt on Saturday.

Last year’s Powerade Breakthrough Player has played two games in the Reserves after recovering from the broken leg he suffered in a trial match earlier this year.

Sinor is one of three inclusions to the Eagles’ 23-man squad, along with ruckman Marc Borholm and defender Jake Westbrook.

Midfielder Angus Poole will miss one match after accepting an early guilty plea for striking.

Premiership defender Luke Thompson will play his 150th Macca’s League match.

F: Gray, N. Hayes, Haylock

HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Boyd, Lewis, Lukosius

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Hall

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Heinjus

R: Redden, Rowland, Stewart

INT: Borholm, Comitogianni, Sinor, Firns, Westbrook

IN: Borholm, Sinor, Westbrook

OUT: Poole (suspension)

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Rowe, Wood, J.Gaffney, West, McLeod, Frederick, Pudney, Lee, McKay.

Under-18
F: Schoenberg, Francis, Pickett
HF: Pratico, Armfield, Tiller
C: Burgoyne, Miller, Martin Frederick
HB: Jungfer, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Smith, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Bailey, Mead
INT: Arriola, Hillard, Lock, McCann, McCauley, Williams
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:
124 games for Eagles
12 games for SANFL crows
2 State games

I can not believe the Crows dropped him when they did. Played some good games . Sanderson was a twat. There were far more worse player at the time. Our gain massively. Our backline is our strength.

He was the instigator for the Crows Reserves side; then after the end of the next season (2014), was gone.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Well we let Luke Thompson down on his 150th game with that pathetic performance. it would help if they actually kicked the ball occasionally instead of stupid handball that more often than not came unstuck and gifted the opposition a goal
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Terrible game from us. Lucky to be within 10 goals. Some of the passing, 10 m to the opposition. Gray has to go. Rowey would have been a better choice. Kicking into the wind was hopeless, just uncontrolled. The Eags would normally run the ball in those conditions.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:23 pm

That was shocking .
I think no Poole no Eagles midfield
I think no Guff no Eagles backline
I think one recognised ruck man going against two ruck men
Doesn't work.
Eagles Forward line was shocking
Eagles backline kept gifting goals to Sturt
Rowe would've added pace
Bomber coukdve added extra help up forward
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Not looking forward to playing Norwood this week. Its been awhile since we beat them. Baulderstone is playing well but as this is a night match I would go in with a similar side. Bomber must have played ruck in the B's. Worth looking at though. His stats were super impressive for a big man. 8 marks 17 disp and 22 HO's. Our defence will never be that bad but we need to get that passing better in midfield.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down