Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

+3
Mara32
MichaelScott
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 16 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

And we have been talking about player injuries in other posts
Eagles App showed five big names up for test
Boyd being one of them a hip it says not knee
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by MichaelScott Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hopefully most of them come up..its an important game with a win just about guaranteeing top spot
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mara32 Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Given the injuries, assuming we play without Pup, Wundke Boyd, Bomber, McGregor and potentially Hall... if the Eags win this week with the form Sturt are in, then I know nothing about footy.

But will be a great experience for the youngsters, and provide good info to Godsy for when we play Sturt in finals with hopefully a closer to full strength line-up.

We are up enough games we cant drop down if we win mind you we would be far enough up for the finals
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 am

Mara32 wrote:Given the injuries, assuming we play without Pup, Wundke Boyd, Bomber, McGregor and potentially Hall... if the Eags win this week with the form Sturt are in, then I know nothing about footy.

But will be a great experience for the youngsters, and provide good info to Godsy for when we play Sturt in finals with hopefully a closer to full strength line-up.

We are up enough games we cant drop down if we win mind you we would be far enough up for the finals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 am

Interesting in the local Messenger today, it reports that Eagles are hoping to be at full strength this week against Sturt, with a host of players set to come back.

Different to what I've been told, but I guess we'll see at selection tomorrow.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Mara32 wrote:Interesting in the local Messenger today, it reports that Eagles are hoping to be at full strength this week against Sturt, with a host of players set to come back.

Different to what I've been told, but I guess we'll see at selection tomorrow.

In the Emails that i copy for the reports theres a lunch and Bomber is a guest speaker and says hes not ready to play again yet

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 pm

It would have been good to play some of our lesser player. Godden loves the tactical challenge when down on stocks to come up with winning plan.(except GF's) You cant take any game for granted however when playing West,North etc, I feel from some-one outside that we don't put the same amount of planning in. I suppose its called holding your cards to your chest.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:It would have been good to play some of our lesser player. Godden loves the tactical challenge when down on stocks to come up with winning plan.(except GF's)  You cant take any game for granted however when playing West,North etc, I feel from some-one outside that we don't put the same amount of planning in. I suppose its called holding your cards to your chest.

I kind of agree mind you the South game and maybe North i think the Norwood loss gave Gods and coaching staff some planning to do .
After that Norwood game style that out foxed the eagles perhaps they have a plan now in place
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:21 pm

LEAGUE
IN – MCGREGOR, MINNEY, WOODS
OUT – BOYD

Last edited by Mickyj on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Round-13-RESERVES-1024x852
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Another great win, 4 games clear with 5 rounds remaining.
Hands up anyone who thought this is where we would be at this point of the season.

At qtr time Sturt had 14 inside 50's to our 4. They ended up with 31 for the game we had 42.
Great effort by big Westy again today.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

I officially know nothing about football and have no idea how we keep doing this with our injury toll.

What I do know is Godden is an UNBELIEVABLE coach.

To answer your question Columbo, I thought we'd be scratching for 4th or 5th at best in 2017.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Columbo wrote:Another great win, 4 games clear with 5 rounds remaining.
Hands up anyone who thought this is where we would be at this point of the season.

At qtr time Sturt had 14 inside 50's to our 4. They ended up with 31 for the game we had 42.

Hands are anything but up for mine!  40 hit outs by West...the only true outside recruit for us this year (the only one without SANFL experience at that), and he is really adjusted to League pace and standard now.

I too thought we'd be 4th or 5th at best this year.  Hopefully the focus on playing local players such as Lee, Westbrook, Firns will hold us in good stead come finals should anything happen ala 2015.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

I honestly thought wed struggle to make the five this year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 am

Ok Im putting my hand up Sundays game i thought we had no chance of winning and thought we could drop a game .
However i was proved wrong .
West has stood up and produced the goods
Sinor Johanson ect all stood up
Lewis is being the main man this year and he is standing up .
Young guys Comma Lee Firns are standing up
One of my football friends was out there at 1/4 time Gods did not go off he was moving his finger around
I have no clue what that does but it certainly worked
Sturt 2016 including the GF had more shots on goal but in the GF kicked straight
Sturt 2017 have had more shots on goal but cant kick straight 1 goal 17 at unley
Gods hopefully will address that
But having injuries is promoting juniors to play against men that surely is a good thing in footy they play seconds losing sides all be it but they get promoted ready to play and step into some big shoes
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

Mara32 wrote:I officially know nothing about football and have no idea how we keep doing this with our injury toll.

What I do know is Godden is an UNBELIEVABLE coach.

To answer your question Columbo, I thought we'd be scratching for 4th or 5th at best in 2017.

Mara i think i owe you an apology you mentioned Boyds ankle and i said the APP had Hip
Footy friend told me at the huddles Boyd was out there with a moon boot so you were right i think
Also heard who were up for tests pre game all that were played well

I for one am glad Godds has signed on for another 2 years
I am not sure which two coach the seconds Watkins or Harida spelling sorry but they are working a treat with the juniors .
Rowe Weeds son just two up and comers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am

spell_check wrote:

Hands are anything but up for mine!  40 hit outs by West...the only true outside recruit for us this year (the only one without SANFL experience at that), and he is really adjusted to League pace and standard now.

I too thought we'd be 4th or 5th at best this year.  Hopefully the focus on playing local players such as Lee, Westbrook, Firns will hold us in good stead come finals should anything happen ala 2015.

Im with you spelly I'm glad we recruited West 203cm you cant teach that (to misquote wrestling )
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:50 am

That's all good Micky... I did see his injury was listed as a hip, but yeah it's further management on his ankle that he did vs Norwood. He should be right this week, but again no need to rush him back.

By my calculations, we only need 1 more win to secure Minor Premiership... which is just incredible.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Mara32. What sort of hand injury does Goldy have? Didn't realise he had injured it.
We keep dropping like dead flies.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Yeah not sure on that one... I missed Sunday's game as I was in Darwin. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.
Hopefully we're getting all injuries out the way now - not that it's affecting our wins/losses.

As I mentioned above, we're in a great position to not risk anyone now - you'd think the aim is to get as full strength as possible after our bye in the 3 games leading into finals, where it's looking likely where going to have first week off... again!
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:29 pm

wimpy wrote:Mara32. What sort of hand injury does Goldy have? Didn't realise he had injured it.
We keep dropping like dead flies.

Dont know about Goldys injury his name wasnt one of the three that were tested before Saturdays game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Mara32 wrote:Yeah not sure on that one... I missed Sunday's game as I was in Darwin. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.
Hopefully we're getting all injuries out the way now - not that it's affecting our wins/losses.

As I mentioned above, we're in a great position to not risk anyone now - you'd think the aim is to get as full strength as possible after our bye in the 3 games leading into finals, where it's looking likely where going to have first week off... again!

ahh i think i saw your post on facebook
and i have learned to listen to people better Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Another amazing effort on Sunday. I can't believe we keep winning. I put a lot of it down to great discipline and a good game plan. In five of the last six games we have been down at half time and got up to win, this determination must go well for our finals regime. The defence has been sensational in keeping us in all games and giving us a chance to come over the opposition.
The scragging NA team is always difficult to overcome at Prospect.

Club's best players at presentation:

1) J. Hayes
2) J. Johansen
3) J. Sinor
4) J. West
5) S. Rowland
6) J. Firns
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down