Eagles v Centrals Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

+3
Gazz
Goddsy11
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Eagles v Centrals  Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Eagles v Centrals Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Seconds 11.30
League 2.10

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Centrals  Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Eagles v Centrals Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:41 am

Injury List as of Monday 15th July
Ryan Langcake – Knee – Season
Will McPherson – Face – 5 Weeks
Jimmy Toumpas – Hamstring – 3-4 Weeks
Tom Gray – Knee – 2-3 Weeks
Jamieson House – Back – 1 Week
Ethan Haylock – Concussion – Test

Jimmy Toumpas can't take a trick.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Centrals  Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Eagles v Centrals Sunday 21 July Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am

goddy11 wrote:Injury List as of Monday 15th July
Ryan Langcake – Knee – Season
Will McPherson – Face – 5 Weeks
Jimmy Toumpas – Hamstring – 3-4 Weeks
Tom Gray – Knee – 2-3 Weeks
Jamieson House – Back – 1 Week
Ethan Haylock – Concussion – Test

Jimmy Toumpas  can't take a trick.

Thanks Goddy Toumpas is cursed
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Jarrad Redden's 100th game for the Eagles
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:27 am

This on Big Reds one hundred from the sanfl site
By ZAC MILBANK

Reaching 100 Statewide Super League games was something Eagles ruckman Jarrad Redden never thought he would achieve.

As he prepares to chalk up triple figures against Central at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval on Sunday, the 205cm giant thought his SANFL journey had ended at the conclusion of 2016.

After managing 16 AFL games in seven seasons on Port Adelaide’s list due to serious shoulder and knee injuries, Redden felt he needed to head back to where it all began in 2017.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, the Yorke Peninsula product played for his beloved Southern Eagles where he linked up with brother Daniel for a season.

And it wasn’t until he had a chance meeting with then Eagles Football Manager Luke Powell on a worksite that he considered making a return to SANFL ranks.

But after scratching the itch to play senior football with his sibling, the 28-year-old has returned to Oval Avenue for the past two seasons after reigniting his love for the game.

Boasting exceptionally clean hands for a ruckman, the Eagles’ No.55 can also take a strong catch inside attacking 50m as well as palming the ball with precision at centre stoppages.

And that is exactly what the legion of Yorke Peninsula family members and friends hope to see when they make the ”trek” to Woodville to see Redden run out for the 100th occasion after making his League debut in Round 16 of 2008.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:03 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens could unveil a prized teenager for its encounter against Central on Sunday.

Torrens University SA U18 midfielder Jackson Mead (17, 184cm and 83kg) has been included in the Eagles’ 23-man squad along with utility Sam Rowland.

Both inclusions have been listed on the five-man extended interchange bench which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

Ruckman Jarrad Redden will play his 100th Statewide Super League game after making his debut in Round 16 of 2008.

League

F: N. Hayes, Guilhaus, Rowe

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Lonergan

C: Boyd, Foote, Firns

HB: Sinor, Von Bertouch, Hall

B: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: J. Redden, Petrenko, Sharrad

INT: J. Gaffney, C. Gaffney, Moore, Rowland, Mead

IN: Mead, Rowland

Reserves
Comitogianni, Weidemann, Lee, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, Brill, Bruce, Lewis, Morgan, Walker, McLeod, Morris, Schoenberg, Westbrook, McNeil, Armfield, Pickett.

Under-18
F: Schofield, H. Smith, Barnett
HF: Dawkins, Coff, Carter
C: Frederick, Beecken, McCann
HB: McNeilly, Jones, Gaze
B: Buck, Francis, Lock

R: Phillips, Hoile, Z. Williams
INT: Burgoyne, Brownlie, Hayes, Kasianowicz, Pearce, Poulter, Scott, Watson
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Anyone got any updates ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Our players need to treat all the remaining matches like finals. If all goes well we will be 5th tomorrow night.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:38 pm

goddy11 wrote:Our players need to treat all the remaining matches like finals. If all goes well we will be 5th tomorrow night.

I agree they should play every game like it’s the elimination final
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Complete lack of respect for opposition today. Considering we have chased our tails all year,amazed by lack of urgency. Finals almost done now i reckon
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Gazz wrote:Complete lack of respect for opposition today. Considering we have chased our tails all year,amazed by lack of urgency. Finals almost done now i reckon
I'm in shock. 29 points up at 1/2 time. WE should have killed the game in the first half. Centrals matched up perfectly on all our prime movers. Pup was unseen.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 am

We've got "Crows Disease" no bloody pace. Lost our grit and shit we had under Godden.
Pup wasn't the only one unseen.
Still got faith in the coach. I like a lot of what he has done and put in place, we will reap the benefit next year. Love the way he is getting as many of the youngsters in to the reserves to see what we have. Those that don't get drafted will benefit greatly.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 am

Do we know what injuries we had. I didn't see much of Hall, Moore and Boyd.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:00 am

goddy11 wrote:Do we know what injuries we had. I didn't see much of Hall, Moore and Boyd.

Talking to Kurt Slaven he thought Hally would miss a couple of weeks, maybe back after split-round bye. Boyd bit of a hammy right thigh, unsure of time line. Moore unsure of.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:35 pm

I’m still in shock
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Do we know what injuries we had. I didn't see much of Hall, Moore and Boyd.

Talking to Kurt Slaven he thought Hally would miss a couple of weeks, maybe back after split-round bye. Boyd bit of a hammy right thigh, unsure of time line. Moore unsure of.

Only reason on Moore is I look at the stats column marked DT. I assume that is about time on the ground. Correct me if I'm wrong. Rowey was a little light on with minutes as well. Injured?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Just looking at the ladder, I think we will miss the finals. We will need at least 10 wins + percent. With 4 games left that means winning of the last 4 games. Hard task even if we win all 4 games.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:52 pm

one out for us next week

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Jackson Mead has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking Central’s Mitchell Payne at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval on Sunday.
Jackson Mead (Eagles) -Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 2 Matches
Early Guilty Plea: 1 Match
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Only reason on Moore is I look at the stats column marked DT. I assume that is about time on the ground. Correct me if I'm wrong. Rowey was a little light on with minutes as well. Injured?

DT = Dream Team points. Seems irrelevant but you can work out frees for and against each player now that they dont show them...if you know the points system.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:00 am

Columbo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

DT = Dream Team points. Seems irrelevant but you can work out frees for and against each player now that they dont show them...if you know the points system.

Think DT equates to Champion Data points as they are always there doing the stats on-line.

How gutless are the SANFL got allowing the frees to be shown.

Also, I believe North Adelaide was fined by the SANFL earlier in the season for ANOTHER 19th man breach.
How pathetic not letting the football public know and this happening after the SANFL brought in extra measures to prevent it. SANFL are pathetic.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:17 pm

I feel that the club will be searching for a new coach at the end of 2020. Post Godden has been to hard an act to follow
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Well, what a game. The boys had a hard day at the office.

Pup hurt his back from friendly fire (Seb) in the first Qrt. Boyd was injured during the warm-up (ankle), followed by a hammy in the game. Hally did a hammy in the first Qrt. I spoke to him after the game, and he claimed that it was not a bad injury. Firns had his hip/side heavily strapped. Moore had a knee issue. On top of this, an off-ball incident saw Mead suspended for a game.

I found it interesting to see JJ sitting in the grandstand with the  Reserves, wearing his Eagles gear. Research showed that he played for CBCOC last week. I was able to find the transfer note from Eagles to CBC BUT, could not find a reverse transfer?!?

Huuuge game against Sturt next week.
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Woody wrote:Well, what a game. The boys had a hard day at the office.

Pup hurt his back from friendly fire (Seb) in the first Qrt. Boyd was injured during the warm-up (ankle), followed by a hammy in the game. Hally did a hammy in the first Qrt. I spoke to him after the game, and he claimed that it was not a bad injury. Firns had his hip/side heavily strapped. Moore had a knee issue. On top of this, an off-ball incident saw Mead suspended for a game.  

I found it interesting to see JJ sitting in the grandstand with the  Reserves, wearing his Eagles gear. Research showed that he played for CBCOC last week. I was able to find the transfer note from Eagles to CBC BUT, could not find a reverse transfer?!?

Huuuge game against Sturt next week.

Great first Post Woody
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down