Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May

+3
whybother
Goddsy11
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May  Empty Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May

Post by Mickyj Tue May 09, 2023 10:33 am

Reserves 11.30am
League 2.10pm
Under 18s 11.00 am Elizabeth oval
Under 16s 1.30 pm
Women’s 5 pm Woodville oval
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May  Empty Re: Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Ok was going to this game . Just got a call from the hospital have to go have a scan 
So once again I’ll be missing this game .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May  Empty Re: Eagles v Centrals round 6 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 May

Post by whybother Thu May 11, 2023 4:42 pm

Sorry to hear that Micky, but the way the Eagles are going I dont think that your spirits would be lifted much. We all live in hope these days. Bring back 2020 and 2021 !!!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2023 5:10 pm

whybother wrote:Sorry to hear that Micky, but the way the Eagles are going I dont think that your spirits would be lifted much. We all live in hope these days. Bring back 2020 and 2021 !!!
I won’t be there long but to late to get to oval ave 
Give them hell for me
I’ll take one for the team young nurses trying to put the line into my system takes them a few attempts lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 11, 2023 6:02 pm

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2023 6:21 pm

EAGLES
League
F: Williams, Cameron, Pearce
HF: Beattie, Ballenden, Rowe
C: Toumpas, Collier-Dawkins, Beecken
HB: Buck, Lehmann, Sinor
B: Thompson, Bruce, Litster

R: Brinker-Ritchie, Hardie, D’Aloia
INT: Nicholls, Lukac, Comitogianni, Mawson
IN: Comitogianni, Mawson
OUT: Knight (concussion), Pudney (ankle)

Reserves
F: Watson, Cooke, Siney
HF: Neumann, Sladojevic, D. Menzel
C: Firns, Adams, Tilley
HB: Dawkins, Williams, Hansen
B: Wollogorang, Ueding, O’Reilly

R: Hunter-Price, Hoile, Lonergan
INT: Menta, Norman, Arthur, Hill

Under-18
F: Capogreco, Niemann, Lucas
HF: Tilbrook, Welsh, Carroll
C: K. Hansen, Thomson, Charles
HB: Dodd, Pearce, Hudson
B: Slattery, Delmenico, Andrews

R: G. Hansen, Mair, Schwarz
INT: Godlevsky, Elliott Karpany, Jackson, McKay, Sauer, Walshaw, Ziersch

Under-16
F: Farrugia, Quick, W. Young
HF: Kovacic, Humphrys, Russell-Swanson
C: Leys, Jamieson, F. Young
HB: Lawry, Hartley Brown, Willmott
B: Harris, McGorman, Beech

R: McNeil, Phillipou, Mathie
INT: Berraci, Dohnt, Marshall-Bates, Moffat, Turner, Watson
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2023 6:22 pm

goddy11 wrote:No Weckert named in ant team. Injured?   Tyler Welsh back for the U18's.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/laurinex-cleaning-mens-team-selections-rd-6/

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/romeos-u18-team-selections-rd-8/
Just put the teams up as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri May 12, 2023 7:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:No Weckert named in ant team. Injured?   Tyler Welsh back for the U18's.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/laurinex-cleaning-mens-team-selections-rd-6/

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/romeos-u18-team-selections-rd-8/

State Under 18’s have a trial this weekend, assume he would be in that squad.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 13, 2023 2:20 pm

AFL app not working for me grrr
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Mickyj wrote:AFL app not working for me grrr
Got it working
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 13, 2023 6:40 pm

What I could see from half way through the second quarter enjoyed the win .
Any news on our ruck man’s knee injury ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun May 14, 2023 7:18 am

Good to get the win! Expectations weren't high after the last month, but that is more the performance from the Eagles we've come to expect, especially at home. Hard running and using the ball going forward. Strong tackling, well set up and hard to score against in defence.

After a dismal effort last week on ball, in particular from Hardie, he and his onballers lifted. The defence was very sound and Ballenden's good form continued, supported by Cameron and Pearce. Pearce playing his best game for the club - lets hope that is the confidence lifter he needs to prove to himself he can be a very good player at this level.

Wins like yesterday are why footy is great no matter where you are on the ladder. Special mention to Lukac for his effort in the Ruck for the last 20 minutes when Brinker-Ritchie went off injured. Like Pearce, he has the tools to be a very good SANFL player and is already starting to show some good signs. D'Aloia also has adapted very well to SANFL footy and his strength and inside work compliments the dash of Hardie. Collier-Dawkins also picking up the pace nicely now.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun May 14, 2023 8:07 am

Mickyj wrote:What I could see from half way through the second quarter enjoyed the win .
Any news on our ruck man’s knee injury ?

An early prognosis is that David B-R. had a dislocated knee cap. Miss possibly 5-6 weeks.

The ruck combination of B-R and Lukac appears to be developing very nicely 67 hit outs to 26. It's a pity the combination will be disrupted.
Would just like Lukac to do a bit more around the ground.
Nice to see the mid field hitting Will Pearce's leads.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun May 14, 2023 8:41 am

Club awards last night:

1) J. Sinor
2) D. B-Ritchie
3) L. Beecken

Special Mentions:
L. Thompson
W. Pearce
R. Lehmann
M. Litster
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun May 14, 2023 5:48 pm

Looking forward to Colombo's famous good/not so good analysis Smile

However from my own perspective

The good

- The improvement in Brinker-Ritchie every week is evident. Each match he is getting more and more involved while he has continued to win the taps throughout.
- Thompson/Lehmann/Bruce seem like a solid back three capable of holding some of the larger forwards. Having Thompson and Lehmann playing allows Bruce to play that third tall where I think he is most suited.
- Beecken's run off half back.
- An even performance

Not so good

Not a huge amount to write here so I am clutching at straws...

- Obviously Brinker-Ritchie's knee injury. Fingers crossed for him personally and the team more broadly that it is a 'minor' knee injury so that he is only out for 5-6 weeks. Hopefully this doesn't cause him to lose his spring and confidence!!
- A scrappy game. We got the job done which is all we needed but it was hardly a game to showcase the Eagles' skills
- Lack of pressure by some of the key players in the reserves for spots. Lonergan has been disappointing all season averaging only about 12 possessions and Firns similar over the last two weeks. Comma was poor in the reserves last week and really shouldn't have been promoted this week but we don't really have anyone else demanding selection. Getting our blokes who are injured back on deck therefore remains crucial
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 14, 2023 6:28 pm

Famous….I like it Titan!!!
Think you are on the money with your list

Good
DBR - Mitch Hardie almost wore a Burley down his throat a couple of times yesterday from his tap work, hope the injury isn’t too bad.
Joey Sinor - 17 Tackles and a couple of goals, great game.
RCD - Looking more settled
Winning!!!

Not so good
Injuries - DBR, Rowland, Pudney, Wheare the list keeps getting longer.

I’ll have a think and maybe add some more later.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon May 15, 2023 11:54 am

Another long-ish injury: Kai P out for 12 weeks.

Looking at reserves stats, not much there to be promoted. Slad, a foreward, got the most HO
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 15, 2023 6:31 pm

whybother wrote:Another long-ish injury: Kai P out for 12 weeks.

Looking at reserves stats, not much there to be promoted. Slad, a foreward, got the most HO

List is growing longer.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/jones-radiology-injury-report-6/

David Brinker-Ritchie Knee TBC
Dane McFarlane Knee Season
Deakan Jackson Shoulder Season
Charlie Blair Knee Season
Jack Wheare Knee Season
Kai Pudney Ankle 12 weeks
Troy Menzel Knee 6-8 weeks
Sam Rowland Ankle 6 weeks
Zac Phillips Knee 4-6 weeks
Noah Angove Knee 1-2 weeks
Matthew Goldsworthy Calf Test
Riley Knight Concussion Test
Nathan Studham Hamstring Test
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue May 16, 2023 6:54 pm

What happened to Wheare? For the last few weeks he was listed as returning in 4-5 weeks. Now this week he is listed as out for the season!

Hopefully Goldworthy, Knight and Studham could be considered after the break this week.

Jackson - each season for the past few years he seems to sustain a season ending shoulder injury.

Phillips - seems to have been stuck on 4-6 weeks out since the start of the year.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed May 17, 2023 7:08 am

Titan2 wrote:What happened to Wheare? For the last few weeks he was listed as returning in 4-5 weeks. Now this week he is listed as out for the season!

Hopefully Goldworthy, Knight and Studham could be considered after the break this week.

Jackson - each season for the past few years he seems to sustain a season ending shoulder injury.

Phillips - seems to have been stuck on 4-6 weeks out since the start of the year.

Agree "Titan2", I think that trio would be very good inclusions, surely our bad luck will have to turn soon.
Today week ago, Jack Wheare did his ACL at training.
Phillips had on going knee problems and had a minor op. from which he is struggling to recover.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu May 18, 2023 6:01 pm

wimpy wrote:
Titan2 wrote:What happened to Wheare? For the last few weeks he was listed as returning in 4-5 weeks. Now this week he is listed as out for the season!

Agree "Titan2", I think that trio would be very good inclusions, surely our bad luck will have to turn soon.
Today week ago, Jack Wheare did his ACL at training.
Phillips had on going knee problems and had a minor op. from which he is struggling to recover.

Another injury from training? I've said it previously but we seem to sustain more injuries outside of matches than during them. This is something the club must look at in the off-season as the rate of injuries we get outside of gameday matches is ridiculous. It's why almost every week we name a bench with 6-7 on it. Are the players not warming up before training? Are they not cooling down appropriately post footy match? Is the club driving them too hard with the simulations mid-week?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down