Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

+2
Goddsy11
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 am

Port v Eagles
Saturday 20 May
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

This could well be the Eagles toughest game so far thie year .
Will Port be too good will port players be affected by their trip to China

Will the eagles just keep on going and out muscle port
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm

This has been a quiet forum lately. I suppose on Saturday we expect to win but against a full strength power (er Magpies) side you never know. We should try to sign Summerton and Reynolds before June deadline. Reynolds wont play to many a grade games this year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 am

I watched the game via the digital Pass. I hate travelling to Alberton . I was more than impressed with our side against a full strength Power side. Its not the Magpies anymore.
Stewey has made a massive difference to us. I hated seeing him I a Magpie uniform playing well against us. Joe Sinor was fantastic and has replace Flash in a sweeper role. Johansen is getting better every match. Our mosquito fleet is second to none. Goddsy has created a game on run at all cost and all players back each other in. I think Wundke is still loosing puppy fat. His shape is coming on well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 21, 2017 11:58 am

goddy11 wrote:This has been a quiet forum lately. I suppose on Saturday we expect to win but against a full strength power (er Magpies) side you never know. We should try to sign Summerton and Reynolds before June deadline. Reynolds wont play to many a grade games this year.

yes this forum has gone quiet ive noticed it as well hopefully its not me
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 21, 2017 12:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:I watched the game via the digital Pass. I hate travelling to Alberton . I was more than impressed with our side against a full strength Power side. Its not the Magpies anymore.
Stewey has made a massive difference to us. I hated seeing him I a Magpie uniform playing well against us. Joe Sinor was fantastic and has replace Flash in a sweeper role. Johansen is getting better every match. Our mosquito fleet is second to none. Goddsy has created a game on run at all cost and all players back each other in. I think Wundke is still loosing puppy fat. His shape is coming on well.

I was there game was a hard fought win
The Gods game looks awesome when it works thankfully it works more than it doesnt work
Our Boys stood up Saturday against an AFL listed team who train 6 days a week (i think)
Great win was nice seeing Port fans leave the ground with 10 mins to go

Come on Eagles fans post a comment please
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 21, 2017 7:04 pm

I see Stewy is on report. Anyone see what happened. What are Paddy G chances of getting back into the team. Who would he replace?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Good win against a team with 21 players with 2 arms and legs just like our blokes, and like the 5 games before our team played better and deseved the result.
Not trying to put a downer on the win but had enough of the 21 afl listed player stuff.
Stewie collided with Snelling late in the 1st Qtr, didn't see it, Snelling did seem to attempt to stand up but the medicos layed him back down and he came off on the stetcher. Article i read last night kisted his injuries as jaw and ankle, guess we wait and see what happens.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Thanks Columbo. Just watched it. Could not see much other than Stewie running through trying to intercept but wiping out Snelling. A footy collision but he may go as player was stretchered off. If so massive loss. Maybe an in for Paddy G or Rowntree.
The 21 AFL listed player stuff as you mentioned is a perversion of our completion where the local clubs have a cap and rules in place and the AFL side have their own rules and even can offer players eg Summerton amounts that can not be matched. Their resources outstrip anything we can offer. Our win would be welcomed among the SANFL community. Lets hope we go the one step further this year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 pm

The Port fans in my corner of the ground were more incensed by a collision in the goal square in the last quarter...that too was just another footy collision.  For the life of me I can't remember which of our players was involved though.  They looked like they were going for the ball and the Port player copped the brunt of the collision; all you could hear were cries of thug after that.

Anyway, believe it or not, I was actually confident we would be up for this match.  Especially when Summerton, who is better than probably more than half of that side, was demoted.  The AFL sides just don't like the close in physical stuff; you can't beat them by playing open, attractive footy. (Much as I like that stuff)
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun May 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Agree that Summerton not in their team was a major bonus for us. Showed in the Reserves game result how he can dominate. All the same we threw every thing at them and it was a tough slog, We did not have many, if any, passengers. The Stewart bump on the replay seemed innocent enough, and Stewie was at full pelt. Happened very quickly and Snelling wasn't tough enough to with stand the bump. On past experience the worst would be a reprimand and fine but even that would be severe. Port dish it out often and seems cant stand up if it is dished out to them
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 21, 2017 11:19 pm

What happened to Summerton yesterday is pretty ordinary but I wonder if thats a bit of a throw back to the days of especially Port but Adelaide also getting a bit uptight when the AFL listed players were played in the two's. If it happened for too long they would want them shifted to other clubs and in Port's case quite a few found their way to Alberton, so if it wasn't good enough for them to play two's before then the same should apply now. realistically at least half a dozen of their academy team would get a game elsewhere if they wanted to.
I think we saw yesterday that regardless of resources, salary caps, rules (good or bad) and despite the results of the last two seasons our club got the job done because they have put in the hard yards on and off the field, there are a few others in the league at present who clearly haven't done or aren't doing enough.
Now lets get on with Friday night, theres 2 more points up for grabs and they will be coming for us, lets go get the job done again!
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 22, 2017 11:07 am

Columbo wrote:Good win against a team with 21 players with 2 arms and legs just like our blokes, and like the 5 games before our team played better and deseved the result.
Not trying to put a downer on the win but had enough of the 21 afl listed player stuff.
Stewie collided with Snelling late in the 1st Qtr, didn't see it, Snelling did seem to attempt to stand up but the medicos layed him back down and he came off on the stetcher. Article i read last night kisted his injuries as jaw and ankle, guess we wait and see what happens.

I guess part of that is me sorry columbo thought it was funny Port agreed to the rules then whinged they had to play all those guys .
Saying that their second side with Summerton ec in it was a class above our seconds who were out muscled and played .
Think it would have been a harder game for the Eagles if the port players in the seconds played league much better well schooled players in that group .

Stewie's collision was right in front of where i was sitting
Was an almighty hit sound wise he hit the Ball while Snellings head hit his arm . Stewie was going for the ball clearly .
We will need to see what happens in the match review tribunal .
I also saw that article statement made by the port coach

After all that does raise the question Ive seen asked online do SANFL clubs chase those top up players in ports seconds team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am

Reddeer wrote:Agree that Summerton not in their team was a major bonus for us. Showed in the Reserves game result how he can dominate.  All the same we threw every thing at them and it was a tough slog, We did not have many, if any, passengers. The Stewart bump on the replay seemed innocent enough, and Stewie was at full pelt. Happened very quickly and Snelling wasn't tough enough to with stand the bump. On past experience the worst would be a reprimand and fine but even that would be severe. Port dish it out often and seems cant stand up if it is dished out to them

Spot on he was full bore going for the ball. Something the umpires standing a very long way away and not always on the right side could see. Spellcheck or Columbo may know with that free and report should a 25 or 50 metre had been paid as well.

Raises the question over Goldsworhy being called holding the ball was he in fact being held when the umpire made the call.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am

I dont normally post what members tell me. But one of our new members told me our league boys didnt shower at alberton after the game.
Did they not turn the hot water on
or am i missing out its a normal thing ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon May 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Mickyj wrote:I dont normally post what members tell me. But one of our new members told me our league boys didnt shower at alberton after the game.
Did they not turn the hot water on
or am i missing out its a normal thing ?

Some did I think, others went back to Woodville.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Stewy report thrown out... all clear for Friday night.

On the shower thing, I remember walking out the ground a few years ago with Nick Salter in full kit, boots and all.

I reckon being so close to Woodville they go back there. The quicker you get out of Alberton the better.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Mara32 wrote:Stewy report thrown out... all clear for Friday night.

On the shower thing, I remember walking out the ground a few years ago with Nick Salter in full kit, boots and all.

I reckon being so close to Woodville they go back there. The quicker you get out of Alberton the better.

Thanks Mara good news on Stewie

Leaving Alberton quick like that sounds like some eagles fans saturday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon May 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Stirring them up a bit were ya Micky??
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Columbo wrote:Stirring them up a bit were ya Micky??

lol no i was given a lecture before we left i tried not to go on about port
people around us had issues thought young port people may have gone the biffo with the guys yelling out afl listed when they stuffed up
port people were not impressed either lol
there were three eagles ladies different ages the youngest not that young lol was being told off by her friends for yelling stuff out

Was a good game to watch a very defensive game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down