Port v Eagles round 3 Alberton Oval April 14

4 posters

Go down

Port v Eagles  round 3 Alberton Oval April 14  Empty Port v Eagles round 3 Alberton Oval April 14

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:17 am

Eagles v Port
Alberton oval April 14 2.10 pm

Get along get behind our guys . Hopefully we can give Port their first defeat
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Port v Eagles  round 3 Alberton Oval April 14  Empty Re: Port v Eagles round 3 Alberton Oval April 14

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:57 pm

One of my favorite grounds... not to go to.

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Port v Eagles  round 3 Alberton Oval April 14  Empty Re: Port v Eagles round 3 Alberton Oval April 14

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:34 pm

goddy11 wrote:One of my favorite grounds... not to go to.

Every fan from every SANFL can agree with you goddy

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Does anyone know if Lukosius will be available or still has AIS commitment. I suppose I will find out tonight one way or other.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know if Lukosius will be available or still has AIS commitment. I suppose I will find out tonight one way or other.

Wimpy may know goddy
But we will all know today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know if Lukosius will be available or still has AIS commitment. I suppose I will find out tonight one way or other.

The other question our third ex Port recruit is he over his hammy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Round 3 Teams
Published on: Apr 12 2018 | Author: WWTFC |

League
In – Lukosius, Lee
Out –

Reserves
In- Woods, Pudney
Out- Lee (League), X. Redden (Knee)

Under 18’s
In- Arriola, Frederick Michael, Michael, McCann, Nicholas, Thompson
Out- Hawkings, Pickett, Pudney, Schoenberg

Under 16’s
In- Bitter, Cannizzaro, Klenig, Taylor, White
Out- Coe, McCann, Mitchell

sorry guys new lap top cant copy te teams
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 pm

I like Jackson Lee. I wonder who is doubtful.
I have also looked on the WWTFC website but no mention of Rudloff as injured. X Redden in the seconds not mentioned either. Hope its not serious.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:06 am

Was speaking to Luko's father and he said Jack will play the match against the maggies and the three after and then go in to the U18 preparation.
Rudloff told me when he first noticed tightening of the hammy he would only miss a couple of games, might have been worse than he thought.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:29 am

goddy11 wrote:I like Jackson Lee. I wonder who is doubtful.
I have also looked on the WWTFC website but no mention of Rudloff as injured. X Redden in the seconds not mentioned either. Hope its not serious.

Not sure about the injuries
Lee seemed to have a fair bit of the ball last week not sure if he was a big ball winner.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 am

Will the weather force changes on our team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:42 pm

just sitting in my lounge waiting for the main game. Notice the U16 up 3.1 to 0. Probably kicking with the wind but well done anyway. The seconds seem well in control. Weideman and Rowe 3 goals each.
* would love the WWTFC would update the player profiles and add some more photos but better still I am sure Conner McLeod is older than 1.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Team list seems to show no Goldy or Frirns. Goldy big loss.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:40 pm

True neither out there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 am

Although many criticised Saturday's match for low scoring and poor goal kicking I thought it was a terrific game. Tension and pressure was there at all times. Even during the last quarter when we were 4.3 to 0.16 down I never thought we were out of the game. Worst cross wind I can ever remember at a league match. Thought Poole was very good all day and Boyd's last quarter nearly won it for us.
Our defending in the last 2 minutes was outstanding.
Club's Best Players
1) Poole
2) Thompson
3) von Bertouch
4) Stewart
5) Johansen

Now for the bad news:
Goldy - Hamstring 3 weeks
Boyd - knee 3 - 4 weeks
Not sure about Firns.
Lewey should come back.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:17 pm

wimpy wrote:Although many criticised Saturday's match for low scoring and poor goal kicking I thought it was a terrific game. Tension and pressure was there at all times. Even during the last quarter when we were 4.3 to 0.16 down I never thought we were out of the game. Worst cross wind I can ever remember at a league match. Thought Poole was very good all day and Boyd's last quarter nearly won it for us.
Club's Best Players
1)  Poole
2)  Thompson
3)  von Bertouch
4)  Stewart
5)  Johansen

Now for the bad news:
Boyd - knee 3 - 4 weeks
Not sure about Firns.
Lewey should come back.

Very good report wimoy
The wind was a pain
I'm glad we never gave up Port defending two goals helped us .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

How does Jimmy Rowe rate. Had another bag of possession and 3 goals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 pm

wimpy wrote:Although many criticised Saturday's match for low scoring and poor goal kicking I thought it was a terrific game. Tension and pressure was there at all times. Even during the last quarter when we were 4.3 to 0.16 down I never thought we were out of the game. Worst cross wind I can ever remember at a league match. Thought Poole was very good all day and Boyd's last quarter nearly won it for us.
Club's Best Players
1)  Poole
2)  Thompson
3)  von Bertouch
4)  Stewart
5)  Johansen

Now for the bad news:
Boyd - knee 3 - 4 weeks
Not sure about Firns.
Lewey should come back.

From the club website. Wimpy is your info more recent
Matthew Goldsworthy, Quad,1-2 Weeks
James Boyd, Knee, Test
Jack Firns, Shoulder, Test
Nathan Rudloff, Hamstring, 2 Weeks
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Have seen a few negative comments about the standard of the game but I agree Wimpy, the game itself was intriguing and a bit like the game against the bays in the early 00's one I will remember for while.
It seemed that Port for most of the game were more interested in trying to restrict our scoring than trying to blow the game open, having said that our defence was outstanding all day to restrict them to 8 scoring shots.
The effort from our guys was there all day and considering the shorter break and a day of mid 30 degrees against Centrals to grind out a draw against them on Saturday....I'll take that.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 am

Columbo wrote:Have seen a few negative comments about the standard of the game but I agree Wimpy, the game itself was intriguing and a bit like the game against the bays in the early 00's one I will remember for while.
It seemed that Port for most of the game were more interested in trying to restrict our scoring than trying to blow the game open, having said that our defence was outstanding all day to restrict them to 8 scoring shots.
The effort from our guys was there all day and considering the shorter break and a day of mid 30 degrees against Centrals to grind out a draw against them on Saturday....I'll take that.

I agree with Columbo and Wimpy.
What I thought the Port coach was coaching Glenelg last year.
His tactics may have had something to do with the over defensive Port game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

The length of time out for injured players was given at presentations.
I noticed on the club web site the update was done on Monday most probably after further assessment so I would think that is more accurate. Sometimes it takes a little time for injuries to settle down.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Columbo wrote:Have seen a few negative comments about the standard of the game but I agree Wimpy, the game itself was intriguing and a bit like the game against the bays in the early 00's one I will remember for while.

Totally agree. I watched the game on digital but the wind conditions looked terrible. I think we dominated everywhere except on scoreboard. The defense was great. Stewart, Thompson and Co great.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Little Jimmy Rowe has done well. Like him a lot. He will get better the more he plays. I would like to see him play league in the second half of the season, we have to build a battery of depth players for an attack on the finals. Rowe will be a long time player for the club.
It's interesting to watch Godden go about his coaching, he seems to have project players that might not be up to league standard but he works on and gives them a good opportunity to become league players. Last season and this season the three players he seems to be working on are Firns, Westbrook and Heinjus, let's hope they can turn into reasonable league players.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down