Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

+2
spell_check
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:15 am

Sunday 17 July Alberton Oval
Reserves: 11:25am League: 2:10pm

I hope the Eagles keep improving talk last weekend Lobe and White could be back for Port
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:45 pm

im awaiting on the side on the homepage Poole is in two spots up forward
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:31 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has been boosted by the return of two first-choice players for the clash with Port at Alberton on Sunday.
Key forward Andrew Ainger and co-captain Pat Giuffreda have both recovered from hamstring strains to be included on the five-man extended interchange bench.
They are the only inclusions for the 23-man squad which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.
Magarey Medal runner-up Angus Rowntree will make his return from a knee reconstruction in the Reserves while former Carlton utility Cameron Giles will also play in the seconds after overcoming a series of niggly injuries.

League
F: O’Brien, Redden, Hall
HF: Poole, Wundke, Haylock
C: Gaffney, Boyd, Jarrad
HB: N. Hayes, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Goldsworthy

R: Borholm, Rowland, Petrenko
INT: Lewis, Whittlesea, Ainger, McGregor, Giuffreda
IN: Ainger, Giuffreda

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Woods, Summerton, Press
C: Rowntree, B. Ellis, C. Giles
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: J. Hayes, Appleton, Yarran
INT: Firns, Westbrook

Under-18
F: Longbottom, Gericke, Rowe
HF: Stengle, Moller, Hayes
C: Martin, A. McPherson, Wehr
HB: Georgeson, McKay, Gaffney
B: Zille, Traeger, Hoyle

R: Miller, Lee, Smith
INT: Baqeri, Cook, Coxon, Pedler, Redden, Wanganeen
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Real danger game this one...last year we won 11 in a row, only to lose to one of the lottery teams (this one)...you never know what you are going to get with the merry go round of players they experience.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:12 pm

we have 5 named on the interchange and 2 interchange in the 2's.
Lewis, Whittlesea, Ainger, McGregor, Giuffreda I would say tests on Ainger and Guiffreda. Thet may hold back on Rouwntree and Giles in the wet grounds.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:18 pm

Well what can you say? They certainly hunted us with nearly twice as many tackles as we laid. I'd say a good lesson for the 2 weeks ahead.
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 am

Disturbing signs yesterday...reminded me a lot of the GF last year....we have a lot of front runners that go missing when it gets tough and gets left to Boyd Petrenko and Allmond to carry the load. We also lack pace. Time to give Rakewasa Sinor and Appleton another crack..there are a few guys playing yesterday who don't cut it at league level yet
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 am

I think yesterdays loss showed us our weakness young players overawed by playing against afl players .
Seconds almost came undone as well so many points . Rowntree looked ok still a few weeks to go .
We need to look at bringing someone up who i dont know but we need someone with pace and been around
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Only 2 Seconds players with real pace, both playing consistently well and penetrating kicks- Giles Ellis and Batley. Giles Ellis for mine can take a good overhead grab.
It looked at times that several Eagles would not take responsibility for picking out a teammate forward with the kick taking the easier option to go backwards with a kick or handball. Haven't got confidence in their skills. Makes for good stats though!
Still, better to have a wakeup call now than in the finals . Could lose 3 on the trot now with Crows and Sturt next.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Premiers wrote:Only 2 Seconds players with real pace, both playing consistently well and penetrating kicks- Giles Ellis and Batley. Giles Ellis for mine can take a good overhead grab.
It looked at times that several Eagles would not take responsibility for picking out a teammate forward with the kick taking the easier option to go backwards with a kick or handball. Haven't got confidence in their skills. Makes for good stats though!
Still, better to have a wakeup call now than in the finals . Could lose 3 on the trot now with Crows and Sturt next.

spot on with the league

Im not sure Bats had a great game in the seconds . Somehow i think Rowntree lifted the seconds after they must have been yelled at .

And dont have a huge go at me ive been a bately fan for ages
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down