Eagle014
Cica
Mickyj
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

rumor thread for 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: rumor thread for 2014

Post by Hareeba Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Yes I am pleased with the recruiting so far but we are still 2-3 players short. Boyd has never played a poor game against us and is pretty gritty, we hammered him twice in the 1st qtr at Elizabeth this year but he came back on and at least contributed. Wundke good - I hope he spends most of his time inside 30 metres as we often bomb the ball in deep and find that nobody is home.
We still need another ruckman, another tall defender and another midfielder but the way things are going we wont get all of these.
Aerie I believe Ainger would make a very poor ruckman, he does a bit of rucking inside 50 but
he is a vital forward given our losses.
There are still a couple of players offering themselves around so the next week or two will be interesting. I am surprised that none of the magpies have landed at WWTFC given our location, club culture and relative success.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Aerie,
Strongly disagree with Ainger being a ruckman - strong body, you've got to be joking! Doesn't hold his ground under body pressure, can't clear pathways for the runners. Very poor in his limited ruck work in the forward lines last season. Perhaps his injured AC joint was worrying him but he never played like a 197 cm forward where he would be a match winner rather than trying for chest marks. I'm happy we got him, after all we would have been in a lot more trouble without his 50 goals last season but hope he can add a bit of grunt to his natural skills - but rucking? No way - weak as.......

Re defence, I don't think that's as desperate as the need for a big ruckman who's going to get first hand to the ball. Von Bertouch in the 2nd half of the season stepped up in defence. Bornholm can also fill in down back and pinch hit in the ruck. Maybe Renouf might be available if Port Power don't go ahead with putting him on their rookie list. ? Mecklejohn. ? that mysterious Queensland ruckman? Gee, didn't Norwood show some astute recruiting when they plucked big Baulderstone from the football scrapheap last season.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Wundke and Boyd are very good signings that's for sure. Think Grocke can play down back.
 Therefore  we need a ruckman this for sure.
Do we have enough room in our cap for such a player?
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Well if the rumour about Powell going to Ainslie is true should be able to get a reasonable ruckman as well as another solid midfielder
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Rumour has it we are going to play on Easter Monday. (source K. Slaven)
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:46 am

Noticed that Essendon has overlooked Jolly for the AFL Rookie List to instead sign up a young Queensland ruckman Thurlow. Hopefully, Thurlow is not the Queensland ruckman that the WWTFC entertained during the year and hoped to sign?
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by landed Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:03 am

Have any one from this forum been out to training because the only 2 ruckman out training are Heinges and Borhlom so Premiers you have stop fretting about this idea that we need another ruckman. Parry is out there training to but he isn't coming to play we don't need old slow ruckman any more we need the new athletic types that can run all day and still compete Borholm fulfils that need. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit I was wrong but lets give both those two young men a fair go before we predict doom and gloom. And by the by Both of them look bigger and stronger than last year so lets wait and see.
landed
landed

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:40 am

Parry is the ruck coach.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am

Agree with Premiers feedback about the ludicrous suggestion of Ainger in the ruck. Easily pushed aside, lacks courage at contests and has no engine. Agree with other suggestion about giving up and comers a chance, with the right coaching, but lets not talk about anyone being stronger and utter than last year yet. We're supposed to start rolling that line out about feb/march. Hopefully we can say it in September!
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:54 pm

I was at first training on Monday night.
Yes, Sam Heinjus & Marc Borholm only ruckmen.
Craig Parry will be our ruck coach for first half of season before heading o/s.
Marc appeared to have strapping on an ankle so may have had some work done.
I spoke to him at B & F and he was going to have a scan done the following week.
Hopefully everything is OK.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Need more than 2 Ruckmen at your club. They are not proven SANFL players as yet.they lack height both of them. Need to land a quality ruckman which will allow Borholm and Heinjus to be the back up
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 pm

I don't believe we are pursuing another ruckman. It will be unusual not to have a premier type as we have been spoiled in this area for some time. Good midfields can cover ordinary rucks but I am pretty happy with Borholm and Heinjus, hopefully a youngster like Muller can show a bit. This will be a big transition year for all clubs so who has the best ruck set up at the moment ???
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:24 am

we simply won't have the money to chase a decent ruckman anyway - huge money now in the hands of three players (Ainger, Wunke & Boyd), and with the exception of Boyd who seems to have a sound body, bit of a worry that money is guaranteed to other guys regardless of them actually playing or not - as I said, no option but to have faith in current inexperienced ruck stocks and pray our mid-field can get it down to our highly paid forwards
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Grocke is a better option as a forward/ruckman
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Has anyone heard what's up with Amos Frank and Josh Growden????
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Now that Powell has left for Canberra are we going for another midfielder - the midfield including rucks look a bit thin. Maybe James Allan????
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by jenks31 Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Powell isn't going to Canberra
jenks31
jenks31

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Amos is currently in Pt Augusta and I would not be 100% sure he will play for us. I was told Powell will retire even if he stays in Adelaide, his body does not have another season in it. I have not heard about Growden as have not been to training, his intention was to play for us. As for chasing Allan his best footy will be behind him, he will be too expensive and he was not popular with his North teammates to say the least...we wont pursue him.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Salts is the one that was going to Canberra, but has this been confirmed?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes Salts gone to Ainslie. 70k plus a job - he may be an assistant coach.
Good luck to him, hope to see him back at the Eagles one day.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Jacob Templeton has quit Centrals andis training with the Eagles ? whether he's signed yet.
193 cm defender, can play forward. Watched his highlights on Youtube against ironically the Eagles and showed a bit of dash from Centrals backline, accurate disposal, was playing either full back or tall back pocket that day. Has played 35 League games for Centrals. However, Bulldog supporters rate him as a good improving Reserves player (maybe coming from "sore losers"), but was still a required player because he was showing signs last season that 2014 could be a "break-out" year for him.

If we have signed him, then we may have key defenders covered although none have really proven themselves bigtime - Von Bertouch, Culley, Templeton, even Grocke at CHB, and then really unknown but developing talls in Summerton, McKenzie and Whittlesea.

Bruggeman (? spelling), from our Balaclava zone, might be a surprise asset. Played in our juniors several years ago, didn't get along with Ron Fuller, went back to the country, represented his Association as a star at Centre Half Forward, went out to a few training sessions with Centrals but wasn't happy, met with Eagles Hentschell and was most impressed but in the interim, Port Power/Magpies got wind and asked him to train with them. ? where he is at now.  Having another big body up forward with Wundke and Ainger would then release Grocke to play CHB. And we wouldn't have to hold our breath when kicking from 30 metres out like we do when Grockes has a shot. Wundke's conversion rate is excellent (you would reckon on 65 goals next season minimum) to add to Ainger's 40-50 and then the 3rd tall plus Goldsworthy, Hall, Boyd snooping around at their feet and we've got some serious goalscoring power

Now for the clever recruiting of finding a cheap but good 200cm Ruckman and finding a cheap gem of another midfielder - do that and 100/100 for recruiting.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Yeah i remember Grocke giving Templeton a bath in the 2011 grand final - career at Centrals may have suffered after that game.

Definitely need another midfielder
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 pm

If we get Templeton then I reckon we are done for substantial recruiting. We will have to rely on some country / amateurs or juniors adding depth to our midfield.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:56 am

Perhaps Growden is that cheap "gem of a midfielder" going by the Club's announcement today. Reads that he can play inside and outside and Club is expecting him to have a presence in 2014.
Now for the "cheap good 200cm ruckman" (like Norwood this season plucking Baulderstone out of football oblivion to play a key role - is there another!!)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:35 pm

What's with the news a couple of our highly paid recruits may have got in some serious trouble in town recently? Surely we have not paid mega bucks at the expense of our hard working local kids to have our clubs name dragged through the mud? Especially when one of them arrived with a history police intervention when socializing!
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next