Premiers
MightyEagles
Mickyj
Flash
zest
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Confirmed ins and outs for 2011 only - Page 3 Empty Re: Confirmed ins and outs for 2011 only

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:46 am

Can someone tell me how the NSW Scholarship players are allotted? Few years ago, Norwood gained Taylor Walker via that process but there hasn't been another so how come we score now?
I presume we still retain 7th place in the SANFL mini-draft for non-aligned interstate Crows/Power recruits - at present only 6 interstaters picked up so hopefully Crows/Power pick up at least one more in the AFL December7th draft. Considering Tambling is unlikely to play any SANFL games and would be the last player chosen in the mini-draft, we would do better if 2 players were picked up.
Any info on size/playing position of Sam Martyn?
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Confirmed ins and outs for 2011 only - Page 3 Empty Re: Confirmed ins and outs for 2011 only

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:03 am

RE Todd Miles
Hope the recent talk of Todd leaving is incorrect. Has filled many gaps (ruck, CHB FB, BP and even kicked goals at critical times) and, even though he doesn't often rate high in the Best Player lists, rarely plays a bad game.
If every player on our list is available including Crows Luke Thompson, Power Jarrad Redden and Stephen Tiller, then I concede that Todd might be struggling to get a spot, but how often is everyone available during the season - mostly have at least one tall injured and, on that basis, Todd would play at least 90% of the season. From a distance, he appears to be a good leader on the playing field.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 am

Premiers wrote:RE Todd Miles
Hope the recent talk of Todd leaving is incorrect. Has filled many gaps (ruck, CHB FB, BP and even kicked goals at critical times) and, even though he doesn't often rate high in the Best Player lists, rarely plays a bad game.
If every player on our list is available including Crows Luke Thompson, Power Jarrad Redden and Stephen Tiller, then I concede that Todd might be struggling to get a spot, but how often is everyone available during the season - mostly have at least one tall injured and, on that basis, Todd would play at least 90% of the season. From a distance, he appears to be a good leader on the playing field.

hes on a road trip lol around all the clubs Wink
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:23 pm

I agree Premiers. I think Milesy has suffered for being able to play anywhere on the field and never really held down any one of them. I'd be disappointed to lose him not because I think he will win us a flag but because it eats away at our depth.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Premiers wrote:Can someone tell me how the NSW Scholarship players are allotted? Few years ago, Norwood gained Taylor Walker via that process but there hasn't been another so how come we score now?
I presume we still retain 7th place in the SANFL mini-draft for non-aligned interstate Crows/Power recruits - at present only 6 interstaters picked up so hopefully Crows/Power pick up at least one more in the AFL December7th draft. Considering Tambling is unlikely to play any SANFL games and would be the last player chosen in the mini-draft, we would do better if 2 players were picked up.
Any info on size/playing position of Sam Martyn?

We got Martyn back in 2008 in the mini draft of that year.
My mail is he is a running machine and thats second hand but comes from the crows .If he was at the crows now he would burn off the crow boys,thats what i was told.
Crows would like him to start on a wing in the seconds .Sounds like a goer for me.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 pm

carrots12 wrote:

I agree Premiers. I think Milesy has suffered for being able to play anywhere on the field and never really held down any one of them. I'd be disappointed to lose him not because I think he will win us a flag but because it eats away at our depth.

Perhaps a better picture of Todd would be his frees for and against in the finals series .But that would be for an expert to tell us .
Latest mail he will or has signed with north.
And if the Eagles have recruited a CHB Miles may have been in the seconds at the start of the year.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:12 pm

I don't like to see any of our local boys leave the nest, particularly big versatile players. However, I wish Todd well in his new endeavours.

The player who will probably play CHB for us in 2011 is taller and quicker than Todd.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Flash wrote:I don't like to see any of our local boys leave the nest, particularly big versatile players. However, I wish Todd well in his new endeavours.

The player who will probably play CHB for us in 2011 is taller and quicker than Todd.

Two new unnamed recruits spring to mind Flash. Ones brother plays in the forward line Shocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 am

miles added as a out
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleonly Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Well Im one of the fans that will miss Todd! I alway thought he gave his best for the Eagles.
Wishing him all the very best where ever he ends up playing footy.
It is alway sad this time of the year when people leave our club.
Hope that the new recruits are great for our club.
Merry Christmas to you all and all the very best for 2011!
Eagleonly
Eagleonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Eagleonly wrote:Well Im one of the fans that will miss Todd! I alway thought he gave his best for the Eagles.
Yes I agree Eagleonly it's not a time of the year that I like either. News from the Club today confirms Todd has signed with North Adelaide.
The boys have looked good at training & good to see Christian Grocke having another go at league footy.
Don't forget December 16th at the Club when our first Eagle Nest player of the Year receives his award.
Hopefully all our forum members will be able to attend.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:26 pm

I too will miss Todd. Everytime he played he gave 110%.
I understand why this has happened and I think he's better
then playing in the 2's all year, waiting for someone to get injured.

So good luck at North (except V Eags), still wish he was in Eagle Gold.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:34 am

Eagle014 wrote:
Eagleonly wrote:Well Im one of the fans that will miss Todd! I alway thought he gave his best for the Eagles.
Yes I agree Eagleonly it's not a time of the year that I like either. News from the Club today confirms Todd has signed with North Adelaide.
The boys have looked good at training & good to see Christian Grocke having another go at league footy.
Don't forget December 16th at the Club when our first Eagle Nest player of the Year receives his award.
Hopefully all our forum members will be able to attend.

Yep losing players is always hard .Don't like letting players go but its a necessary evil if the club/team are to move on.
And i would enjoy meeting more Eagles nest people Dec 16th.whoever can't make it Merry xmas !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 pm

forgot to add

- J Stewart (delisted)

also jake von bertouch to the crows

Josh Growden (Greater Western Giants)
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 pm

At least Von Bertouch stays and plays with us.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 pm

MightyEagles wrote:At least Von Bertouch stays and plays with us.

very true ME
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:26 pm

The WWTFC is delighted to announce the signing of Stephen Tiller for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Stephen has spent the last 6 years with the Western Bulldogs after being drafted from West Adelaide with the 54th pick of the 2004 AFL Draft.

He played 21 games for the Bulldogs and 69 games with Werribee and Williamstown in the VFL competition.

Senior Coach Michael Godden said “Stephen will provide us with a great deal of flexibility – although we have recruited him to play in the defence, we believe he will be able to play in any of the key positions in both the back and front half of the ground”.

“He has been a dominant player in the VFL competition and we are thrilled to have secured his signature for the next two seasons”

Upon signing with the Eagles, Stephen Tiller said “I am really pleased to have signed with the Eagles and can’t wait to get into training with the Club”

“The Eagles were very professional in the way they went about getting me to the club and I wanted to come to a club that had a good list and a history of making finals which the Eagles have”

Please join us in welcoming Stephen to the Club.

Don’t forget our Members draw at the Club 7:30pm this Thursday night - $50 and a guaranteed $250 next week (Thursday 16th 2010) as we celebrate the end of 2010 and welcome our new recruits in 2011.

Catch up with this year’s leadership group and new recruits Hall, Raymond, Bock, Tiller and Kite from 6pm.

So, come along and enjoy a meal and drinks with your fellow Eagles members! Bookings essential.

Regards

WWTFC
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 pm

will have to see if hes at training tonight
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 am

zest wrote:The WWTFC is delighted to announce the signing of Stephen Tiller for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Stephen has spent the last 6 years with the Western Bulldogs after being drafted from West Adelaide with the 54th pick of the 2004 AFL Draft.

He played 21 games for the Bulldogs and 69 games with Werribee and Williamstown in the VFL competition.

Senior Coach Michael Godden said “Stephen will provide us with a great deal of flexibility – although we have recruited him to play in the defence, we believe he will be able to play in any of the key positions in both the back and front half of the ground”.

“He has been a dominant player in the VFL competition and we are thrilled to have secured his signature for the next two seasons”

Upon signing with the Eagles, Stephen Tiller said “I am really pleased to have signed with the Eagles and can’t wait to get into training with the Club”

“The Eagles were very professional in the way they went about getting me to the club and I wanted to come to a club that had a good list and a history of making finals which the Eagles have”

Please join us in welcoming Stephen to the Club.

Don’t forget our Members draw at the Club 7:30pm this Thursday night - $50 and a guaranteed $250 next week (Thursday 16th 2010) as we celebrate the end of 2010 and welcome our new recruits in 2011.

Catch up with this year’s leadership group and new recruits Hall, Raymond, Bock, Tiller and Kite from 6pm.

So, come along and enjoy a meal and drinks with your fellow Eagles members! Bookings essential.

Regards

WWTFC

Saw him at Training Wednesday night .I wont say he is a man mountain but he is not far from it .
Eagles under "GODS" have gotten a lot taller!!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 am

Eagles pair now Giants

WOODVILLE-West Torrens footballers Josh Growden and Jarrod Harding have all but completed the final pieces in Greater Western Sydney's puzzle for next season.

The Eagles teammates have filled the final spots reserved for 12 of the most promising 17-year-olds in the land.

They flew to Sydney to train with the Giants two weeks ago and will be unveiled as the club's latest signings today.

``I'm really happy to get picked up,'' Harding said.

``Me and Josh are really good mates and we're rooming together.

``I've just got to get my body right, build up and put a bit of muscle on next season.''

Growden - who grew up playing for Blyth-Snowtown - suddenly finds himself a long way from home.

``But I'm settling in all right,'' he said.

``To be part of something new is exciting and I wouldn't have been able to go to the draft until next year.''

Eagles talent manager Shane Grimm said the boys were the ``most outstanding'' in their under-18 team this season.

``Jarrod is an explosive forward, he kicked 65 goals and spent time on the ball and became a really good clearance player,'' Grimm said.

``Josh is a classy midfielder, a left-footer and a very good mark.''

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/eagles-pair-now-giants/story-e6freckc-1225970452258
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Good result for the Eagles - Jarrad Irons, running half-back, midfielder. The fact that he's a rookie makes it likely that we will have him for the entire 2011 and, depending on satisfactory form, possibly kept on the rookie list in 2012 as well. Allows Godden to plan with more certainty than had we had Ben Jacobs or Tambling.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Premiers wrote:Good result for the Eagles - Jarrad Irons, running half-back, midfielder. The fact that he's a rookie makes it likely that we will have him for the entire 2011 and, depending on satisfactory form, possibly kept on the rookie list in 2012 as well. Allows Godden to plan with more certainty than had we had Ben Jacobs or Tambling.

i was right again on our pick yay
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Looks to have good evasive skills and SPEED.Caps off a very good recruiting effort for next season, addressing all deficiencies.Can't wait for next season to start.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:50 pm

So surprise!! surprise!! Banner off to Port Magpies.
Never was any interest or desire from him to play for us so good riddance in my book
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Reddeer wrote:So surprise!! surprise!! Banner off to Port Magpies.
Never was any interest or desire from him to play for us so good riddance in my book

good one less player to squeeze in the reserves
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next