Goddsy11
Gazz
whybother
Aerie
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Port v Eagles August 11 Alberton oval  - Page 2 Empty Re: Port v Eagles August 11 Alberton oval

Post by Mickyj Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:00 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Beat me Goddsy 
Redden out again
I think you might find that he is trying to qualify for his YP team.

At the start of the season he had a very loose agreement about when he played for the Eagles.
Thanks Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Port v Eagles August 11 Alberton oval  - Page 2 Empty Re: Port v Eagles August 11 Alberton oval

Post by whybother Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:14 pm

Hope springs eternal. We beat PA tomorrow, and we are one game plus healthy percentage over NA, with 2 games to go. Still in there with a chance.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:19 pm

The result is the same but rather than "Glenelg losing it",
more accurately "North won it". I admired the way North played with real "ticker" (and young talent.... and game plan and ball movement patterns).
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:34 pm

whybother wrote:A lot of our league fringe players going well.

As both our senior teams (League and Reserves) train together and the Reserves won well, hopefully Sauce has got the message across during the week and the League team do the right thing too.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:53 am

The reserves showed a lot of grit and determination. After a poor start in the first quarter they came back to finish the quarter well (we hit the goal post three times in the first quarter). Again at the start of the second quarter we conceded 3 goals in three minutes but then fought back to be only seven points down at half time. After half time we played good football to have a comfortable win. Jack Wheare (3 goals 4 behinds) played well but his kicking was a little astray.
Sam Nicholls played well, highlighted by some exceptional tackling. Zac Buck played his best game for some time and Menzel kicked three goals.
Let's hope the attitude the reserves displayed is carried on by our league team.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:00 am

wimpy wrote:The reserves showed a lot of grit and determination. After a poor start in the first quarter they came back to finish the quarter well (we hit the goal post three times in the first quarter). Again at the start of the second quarter we conceded 3 goals in three minutes but then fought back to be only seven points down at half time. After half time we played good football to have a comfortable win. Jack Wheare (3 goals 4 behinds) played well but his kicking was a little astray.
Sam Nicholls played well, highlighted by some exceptional tackling. Zac Buck played his best game for some time and Menzel kicked three goals.
Let's hope the attitude the reserves displayed is carried on by our league team.

Watching yesterday’s seconds game from the side lines . Our guys need to look before kicking long into the forward line . Many entries were kicked straight to wests defenders .
Some of our seconds may need goal kicking practice . But after 1/2 time played much better .
Our runner gave away a 25 straight in front something about him being out there to long or in the play . It upset some west fans Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:55 am

Massive game today. We need to win this week and next week to make finals.

Why do we play these Sunday matches in opposition to the Crows. Has PA some massive hold over us in timing of matches. It also lets them to play emergencies from the previous day.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:18 pm

What a pitiful effort in ruck in the first half. Redden playing country footy again yesterday I see. What are the Eagles doing? Amateur.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:25 pm

Half time analysis.....

First quarter very good. We entered the match with the right attitude, playing with intent. Lots of fumbles an dumb turnovers by both teams but I thought Eagles capitalised better than Port.

Second quarter diabolical. We could not lay a finger on the ball in the middle with every centre clearance going to Port. Eagles continued the fumbles whereas Port settled and were much cleaner. Some really bad efforts down back by us with the worst one being letting big  Ivan Soldo dance around two of our our smaller players as if he were a midfielder.

If we don't bring back that first quarter attitude we are headed for a 10 goal loss here.

I want to put the blowtorch on two players who need to lift. Rowe and D'Aloia. Both have been really poor by their standards across the last 5 weeks. Their second quarter contributions here were terrible. Rowe completely ineffective with his disposals and D'Aloia unsighted (inc the whole match to date).  Both are too good to be this bad. If we are going to win then both need to put in big efforts in the last half.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:33 pm

If there is no response in this 3rd quarter to that performance, questions would need to be asked. It was a carbon copy of the West game after quarter time.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:53 pm

Same old story start off okay and then the other team lifts and the skill level goes to crap
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:06 pm

Not a good 3rd quarter
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:43 pm

Okay... so the questions to be asked. Are Goldsworthy and Jacobs out of their depth?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:08 pm

Aerie wrote:Okay... so the questions to be asked. Are Goldsworthy and Jacobs out of their depth?
I think so 
Another coach with no plan B
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:21 pm

Well , I have backed my club through thick and thin and will continue to do so. They have provided us many great moments and value for money. Not often over the years I could question our endeavour .These last few weeks I do not think I have witnessed a team so lacking cohesion , uncertain, fumbly and completely devoid of confidence as our current side. What's the problem? Still 5th! Take responsibility for your season lads before you are put out of your misery
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:30 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Aerie wrote:Okay... so the questions to be asked. Are Goldsworthy and Jacobs out of their depth?
I think so 
Another coach with no plan B

You pay for what you get
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Gazz wrote:Well , I have backed my club through thick and thin and will continue to do so. They have provided us many great moments and value for money. Not often over the years I could question our endeavour .These last few weeks I do not think I have witnessed a team so lacking cohesion , uncertain, fumbly and completely devoid of confidence as our current side. What's the problem? Still 5th! Take responsibility for your season lads before you are put out of your misery

Eagles will always be my time and I will always buy a membership whatever happens.

It's just make me so mad how the club let itself get like this. To be fair, Sauce inherited a team from Sheedy that was clearly on the nose. During Sheedy's last year we kept hearing how difficult it is to stay on top when the AFL keeps raiding our team. That is true but the recruiting in Sheedy's last season was pretty horrible and the lack of depth in the squad was clearly evident then. Instead of moving heaven an earth to bring in youngsters from outside the club into our system we stuck with the mantra 'we recruit from within/give blokes on our list a chance'. This has backfired spectacularly.

We are at least 6-7 players short of being anywhere near challenging for a Premiership let along being a top 3 club. And even if we get those players we probably need another 3-4 genuine 'b-grade players' as depth players given we are bound to get injuries along the way.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:40 pm

On Sauce - possibly. I just can't see what his gameplan is. And I struggle to think of a single move he has ever made (position-wise) to shake things up when we are playing badly. He just leaves the players in their same positions for the whole match when they are having a shocker and just expects that they will turn things around. But I think all supporters should reserve judgement until next season. You'd have to be blind freddy not to see that our list needs a complete overhaul. It will be up to him to be ruthless and bring in the players we need.

On Goldy - if you are going to name him you also need to name Cooke, Barkla, Williams, Hansen and Beattie. And like I said in my half-time post, it's time to turn the blowtorch on Rowe and D'Aloia. Not sure what's going on with those two.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:15 pm

The real deficiency was known at the beginning of the season.....too small. Poor recruiting for ruck in particular, and bigger key position players. Reddern was a desperate admission, try as he has, to overcome this.

Strangely, a win over South, could still see us in the five..for what its worth.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Re recruiting expensive, outside talent some of which have been poor choices, Collier-Dawkins, Jack Boyd), we are not privy to how much the stretched finances of the Club allow a coach (Sheedy or Jacobs) to get much of what he wants. eg a Club might go on a big spend one season as South did in 2023 when they thought their Premiershop window was open, then the next season having to reign in expenses and lose their big guns.
What was most impressive this year was Central's astute recruiting of approx 15 players from lesser leagues with 7-8 of them being very good. I am not as confident as Wimpy that our present U18s (Herbert aside) are going to provide more than 2 good players (Charlie West likely drafted). Even accepting our poor skill level (more skill training under maximum pressure at training needed), our attempted pattern of ball movement is non-existent especially the connection to our forwards. Might have the worst performing midfield. Cheer up guys! Come out and support the U18s this week as they try and cement a finals spot - good to see Tom Luck improving, Midfielder Schwarz 5 goals

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:37 pm

"You pay for what you get"

You mean we are paying Sauce to learn how to coach !!!!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:44 pm

I got one comment after today’s spineless performance - Yuk!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:31 pm

Titan2 wrote:

On Sauce - possibly. I just can't see what his gameplan is. And I struggle to think of a single move he has ever made (position-wise) to shake things up when we are playing badly. He just leaves the players in their same positions for the whole match when they are having a shocker and just expects that they will turn things around. But I think all supporters should reserve judgement until next season. You'd have to be blind freddy not to see that our list needs a complete overhaul. It will be up to him to be ruthless and bring in the players we need.

On Goldy - if you are going to name him you also need to name Cooke, Barkla, Williams, Hansen and Beattie. And like I said in my half-time post, it's time to turn the blowtorch on Rowe and D'Aloia. Not sure what's going on with those two.

I’m talking more about the off-field re Goldsworthy.

I just don’t see how the club can make the decision to bring in Redden, who is clearly important for our side in giving first look or at least competing in ruck, and then have him playing country football in preference to games against Central, West and Port. Any of which we win and we’re probably playing finals.

It’s amateur, it’s not putting the team first and it has backfired.

The lack of commitment can be seen in missed tackles and half hearted chasing. The players also look out on their feet. For the 3rd season in a row, they’ve hardly won a game in the 2nd half of the season.

It requires extraordinary effort to be successful at SANFL level. It doesn’t look like that extraordinary effort is being demanded or taken on by the team. Hence the results.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:36 pm

PS. I thought Cooke showed something today. Weckert has shown something this season. Ballenden is on board next year. That’s a forward line you can build around. Our defensive recruits have been fine.

I think it’s not getting the most out of what we have more than bringing in a whole bunch of new recruits that is the problem.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:25 am

The WWTC has taken a verbal bashing from its irate supporters lately with more to come with our team succumbing to South Adelaide this week. So trying to present a possible explanation for the "Redden Fiasco" and not being privy to behind -the-scene, I offer the following Guesswork:

1. Jarred Redden was happily retired from League footy and approached by the Eagles to help educate our young ruckmen (Brinker-Ritchie, Lukac) and possibly play when needed.
2. Jarred made it clear that he would only play if he could limit his attendance at training to 1X/week. He was, after all happily retired from League footy, playing for fun, fitness and friendships with both WWTFC and Yorke Peninsula.
3. The WWTFC accepted this arrangement, then Brinker-Ritchie and Lukac went down with injury and Jarrad was thrust into a situation that neither the Club or Jarrad envisaged or wanted.
4. Jarrad fulfilled his commitment to the Club, performing very well on most occasions. The Club, in turn, respected Jarrad's terms by allowing Yorke Penin games (which also managed his aging body). Hopefully, he has fulfilled his quota of games needed to qualify for the Yorke Peninsula team finals and may be available to us this week - we rarely win without Jarrad Redden playing. The downside is the message it sends to the rest of the team.
(Disclaimer (again) All of the above is NOT based on facts or inside information and may be completely inaccurate).

My understanding is that the Club has already secured a mature strong bodied 200cm Ruckman from country region for next year.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next