+4
Columbo
Goddsy11
whybother
Mickyj
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium

Post by Mickyj Sun May 28, 2023 9:31 am

wimpy wrote:If Ryan Bruce is suspended and to match Port's many talls, I think Cameron will have to go back to defence. Up forward we could bring in D. Menzel or Sladojevic.
I really like it when Will Pearce has his stints at full forward, is a very good lead and strong mark as well. Normally he is  a good long kick for goal, although he has been missing a few lately.
Lukac competed well again and I thought some of his ground work was excellent.
Agree Wimpy
Seeing Pearce live yesterday he’s good 
Menzel I’m 50 % undecided on him 
Lukac is getting better 
And I should’ve said G’Day yesterday when you walked past me hiding in my beanie 

I forgot Rowe on the HFF going into the centre when the umpire does a second bounce worked great to get the ball out 

Yesterdays wind was a bit of a issue at the northern end yesterday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 28, 2023 12:16 pm

wimpy wrote:If Ryan Bruce is suspended and to match Port's many talls, I think Cameron will have to go back to defence. Up forward we could bring in D. Menzel or Sladojevic.
I really like it when Will Pearce has his stints at full forward, is a very good lead and strong mark as well. Normally he is  a good long kick for goal, although he has been missing a few lately.

I hope I'm wrong but I am not impressed with Sladojevic. So slow and seems to lack presence on the field. He scored 6 yesterday but that's more of an outlier imho. Menzel of course YES. Firms in the backlines would be a no brainer.

Lucac played his best game for us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Anyone know how many of Menzel’s goals were around the corner set shots from marks or frees? Any from field play?
Regarding Sladejovic, Goddy, I’m prepared to wait for Sheedy to work his manic on him.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun May 28, 2023 2:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:

I hope I'm wrong but I am not impressed with Sladojevic. So slow and seems to lack presence on the field. He scored 6 yesterday but that's more of an outlier imho. Menzel of course YES. Firms in the backlines would be a no brainer.

Lucac played his best game for us.

He needs to play at least 3 good games in a row before even remotely being considered. His season to date has been highly underwhelming.

Agreed that Firns probably should come in but ONLY if we are going to play him as that 'tall' defender. He is unable to score when played forward.

It is a risk moving Cameron back as he has just been getting into the groove up forward and his body is adjusting to the impact required to play there. Moving him back will mean he has to play in a different way and there is a huge risk that his body will break down.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 28, 2023 4:24 pm

Headfan wrote:Anyone know how many of Menzel’s goals were around the corner set shots from marks or frees?  Any from field play?
Regarding Sladejovic, Goddy, I’m prepared to wait for Sheedy to work his manic on him.

His first 5 shots were essentially all uncontested marks, outsmarted his opponents and took them all pretty comfortably. Shots were from about 30 for a behind then 40m, 15m, 35-40m and 30m all for goals - all of those were set shots. Fifth goal was crumb and snap from in the goal square after a long shot that dropped about 2m short.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun May 28, 2023 5:22 pm

Columbo wrote:
Headfan wrote:Anyone know how many of Menzel’s goals were around the corner set shots from marks or frees?  Any from field play?

His first 5 shots were essentially all uncontested marks, outsmarted his opponents and took them all pretty comfortably. Shots were from about 30 for a behind then 40m, 15m, 35-40m and 30m all for goals - all of those were set shots. Fifth goal was crumb and snap from in the goal square after a long shot that dropped about 2m short.

Thanks Columbo.  Hopefully the around the corner kicks are just a bad memory.  They can be useful when on a tight angle.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 28, 2023 7:39 pm

Headfan wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Thanks Columbo.  Hopefully the around the corner kicks are just a bad memory.  They can be useful when on a tight angle.

The most pleasing thing yesterday was that he looked to have some confidence back in his body.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 29, 2023 9:44 am

Dan Menzel did more drop punts for goal than I would have expected, just looked to be back in touch and enthusiastic.
Sladojevic although not overly tall or quick, seems to have the ability to read the ball well when positioning for a mark. He is a very solid mark. i think at league level he would most probably get two goals a game and not do much else. I would most probably prefer Will Pearce at FF before Sladojevic.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon May 29, 2023 10:18 am

That’s all that is needed from Menzel is for him to feel good in himself. He’s a quality player who is a definite league starter when he can get to contests. Perfect time for him to return while Brinker-Ritchie is sidelined and Ballenden needs to play 2nd ruck. He just needs to be managed like he has been this season.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 29, 2023 10:38 am

wimpy wrote:Dan Menzel did more drop punts for goal than I would have expected, just looked to be back in touch and enthusiastic.
Sladojevic although not overly tall or quick, seems to have the ability to read the ball well when positioning for a mark. He is a very solid mark. i think at league level he would most probably get two goals a game and not do much else. I would most probably prefer Will Pearce at FF before Sladojevic.

Sladojevic is one of those players that needs to convince you he is good. I haven't seen it but I really hope he proves me wrong. I believe he was a highly rated junior on the Crows NG program and mentioned in draft talk. Just never came on at his previous club. Maybe too many similar players?

Menzel is a no brainer. Ken Farmer medalist. If fit and playing well a first pick.

Will Pearce just looks class. Needs a real breakout game.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 29, 2023 3:49 pm

Good as can be result with David Brinker-Ritchie. 2-3 weeks

West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium - Page 2 Screen29
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 29, 2023 5:20 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good as can be result with David Brinker-Ritchie. 2-3 weeks

West v Eagles 27th May Hisense Stadium - Page 2 Screen29
Thanks Goddy big help
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

"What happened to Comma" He played, but I think he has had a makeover. Probably a girlfriend (or two) has smartened him up.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 am

That was 1 dumb reckless tackle from Ryan.

Woodville-West Torrens’ Ryan Bruce has accepted a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with West’s Dylan McCormick at Hisense Stadium on Saturday.

Ryan Bruce (Eagles) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)
Conduct: Careless
Impact: High
Base Sanction: 3 matches
Early Guilty Plea: 2 matches (Accepted)

https://youtu.be/d0GxPG4um0Y
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue May 30, 2023 11:37 am

At least he had the sense to accept the 2 weeks. Or does the club make those decisions?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 30, 2023 11:50 am

whybother wrote:"What happened to Comma"   He played, but I think he has had a makeover. Probably a girlfriend (or two) has smartened him up.
Looked like a hair cut
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue May 30, 2023 12:47 pm

whybother wrote:At least he had the sense to accept the 2 weeks. Or does the club make those decisions?

I think you will find the club in conjunction with the player would make the decision.

Had a bit of a look at training last night, saw Brinker- Ritchie running the boundary and then doing some sprints, I think he will possibly miss the next two, but with the bye four weeks away he it might resume after the bye, although I think it will be before.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue May 30, 2023 7:09 pm

wimpy wrote:
whybother wrote:At least he had the sense to accept the 2 weeks. Or does the club make those decisions?

I think you will find the club in conjunction with the player would make the decision.

Had a bit of a look at training last night, saw Brinker- Ritchie running the boundary and then doing some sprints, I think he will possibly miss the next two, but with the bye four weeks away he it might resume after the bye, although I think it will be before.

A great result.

Need Lukac to stand up over the next few weeks and play like he did last weekend.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Wed May 31, 2023 12:39 pm

I always considered Riley Collier-Dawkins to be our Patrick Cripps. Starting to prove me right.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 31, 2023 5:52 pm

The Round 7 Powerade Breakthrough Player is Woodville-West Torrens’ Adam D’Aloia. 

The industrious Eagles midfielder was particularly constructive with his handball in our team’s win against West, finishing with 19 to go with five tackles and three clearances.

Adam’s highlights👇
https://youtu.be/mK4dKYrRdos

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly2023
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2