whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 19 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:16 pm

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 19 Screen22

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 19 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:18 pm

goddy11 wrote:Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 19 Screen22

Thanks Goddy couldn’t copy that on my phone
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:55 pm

Good to see Adam D'Aloia out there in the A's. No Knight . Weckert in the B team.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:23 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good to see Adam D'Aloia out there in the A's. No Knight . Weckert in the B team.

Knight is still recovering from his achilles op. Weckert's late start to preseason training would be the reason he is in the reserves, would want to give him a longer run. Riley Collier-Dawkins not selected, he received a knock on the knee at training a couple of weeks ago, will most probably miss the trial matches. Sam Tilley is injured as is Clay Cameron. Dane McFarlane copped a corky at training.
Nathan Studhan also out injured. Toumpas injured and Rory Lehmann unavailable.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:32 pm

Just looking at names not in either squad - any update on these players?

Recruits: Collier-Dawkins, Tilley, Montgomerie
Others: Toumpas, Knight, T.Menzel, McFarlane, Lehmann, Cameron, Studham
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:33 pm

Edit - wimpy read my mind and answered my questions before I pressed the button! Thanks!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:35 pm

Aerie wrote:Just looking at names not in either squad - any update on these players?

I think wimpy answered you Aerie before you posted this
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:52 pm

Aerie wrote:Just looking at names not in either squad - any update on these players?

Zane Montgomerie went back to the Eyre Peninsula some time ago, family commitments.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:13 pm

With quite a few out it's a good chance to have a look at some new faces.
Looking forward to see Max Beattie a small nippy forward with a huge engine. Josh Mawson a polished half back, with possible potential to play on ball. David B-Ritchie a  jumping leaping ruckman, doesn't appear to be strong enough yet to out body more experienced ruckmen. A new look Will Pearce is very fit and will have a good year. Luke Beecken has been training extremely well. Daniel Sladojevic will be used as a utility either down back or up forward.

Good to see our best on ground in the U16 premiership team Tom Luck playing in the reserves.

Below is a rough line up:

FF:   Jack Firns............Dan Menzel..........Max Beattie

HF:   Will Pearce..........Connor Ballenden.....Mat Goldsworthy

C:   Zane Williams........Mitch Hardie.............Kai Pudney

HB:  Luke Beecken........Luke Thompson........Josh Mawson

FB:  Max Litster.............Ryan Bruce............Sam Rowland

Ruck: D. Brinker-Ritchie,  Jimmy Rowe,  Joe Sinor

Inter:  D'Aloia, Comitogianni, Lonergan, Sladojevic, Lukac, Buck.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:37 am

Ok eagles signed me up lol .
Due to up coming surgery I’ve only signed for the 5 home games match ticket
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:56 am

I put this up on the SA footy site. Has the cost increased from last season. Tax is an extra,

This is a friendly reminder that your subscription to SANFL Now will automatically renew on Saturday, April 1st at $89 plus applicable tax.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:39 am

Any scores from todays trial games ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:41 pm

Half time Eagles 5.1 North 7.3
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:51 pm

I’m Gazz wrote:Half time Eagles 5.1 North 7.3

Thanks Gazz
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Mickyj wrote:
I’m Gazz wrote:Half time Eagles 5.1 North 7.3

Thanks Gazz

I only watched the first half. Some good some bad thing. A high standard trial imo.

FULL TIME - Men’s Trial
Eagles 10.6 66
North 13.9 87
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:28 pm

The good - Hardie was clearly our best player as a midfielder and goalscorer. Lukac replaced Brinker-Ritchie as lead ruckman in the second half and looked OK - stronger at the ball than last year and followed up well.

The bad - Lack of pace, particularly allowing North's half backs to run off with coast-to-coast goals.
Dan Menzel spraining right ankle at the start of 2nd Q and taking no further part.
Pace issue may be hard to fix - might need more discipline from our small forwards being better prepared to check and chase.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:22 pm

hawke wrote:The good - Hardie was clearly our best player as a midfielder and goalscorer. Lukac replaced Brinker-Ritchie as lead ruckman in the second half and looked OK - stronger at the ball than last year and followed up well.

The bad - Lack of pace, particularly allowing North's half backs to run off with coast-to-coast goals.
Dan Menzel spraining right ankle at the start of 2nd Q and taking no further part.
Pace issue may be hard to fix - might need more discipline from our small forwards being better prepared to check and chase.

Just watched the first half but this is what I noticed. I didn't know a lot of the players. Brinker-Ritchie was ok at the taps and has spring about him but around the ground did not do much. I liked D'Alioa (28) if that was him. Looked very good at the centre. Goldy looks very fit. Ballendon was not holding his marks. Our defense is fairly short in height. Sladojevic was so slow and looked lost. Rowey looked shorter in height Very Happy
We had our moments in the first quarter but like Hawke said they ran well off half back.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:22 am

It was a little disappointing yesterday, but North would most probably be the hardest running team in the SANFL. The loss of Dan Menzel early didn't help. With key movers Knight and Riley C-Dawkins missing momentum from the centre square was inhibited. Rory Lehmann and Kai Pudney both missed with Covid, Jimmy Toumpas had a minor leg issue, Dane McFarlane a corky, Clay Cameron (whenever) and Nathan Studham a minor op.
Troy Menzel will be available at about round 10.
David B-Ritchie, Max Beattie, Josh Mawson, Adam D'Aloia, Daniel Sladojevic and Blake Hansen played their first games for the club. Jordan Lukac played his second game. Add Rowe and Williams (partial) there were eight new comers from last years team.
A positive from Saturday was the goalkicking of Max Beattie, his three goals were all very good. He is quick and evasive and has a wonderful goal sense. Also Will Pearce kicked three goals, his body use was great and his long accurate goal kicking will be very useful. We should have a more varied array of goal kickers this year. Max Litster played well after overcoming an off season foot operation. It just might take a little time for this group to gel.
The reserves won their match by about four goals and played good team footy. I thought Lukas Cooke in ruck performed well along with youngster Tom Luck. Others to do well were, Brayden Calvert, Brodie Mair, Cormack O'Reilly, Charlie Blair, Liam Ueding, Mishai Wollogorang and Callum Fairall.
Missing from the reserves were, Sam Tilley, Zac Phillips, Jonty Hunter-Price, Lachy Hoille, Jack Wheare, Charlie Adams and Jay Watson.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:20 am

I'm unsure of how many of North's star midfielders were playing but I was pleasantly surprised at the Eagles centre clearance work. Brinker-Ritchie was getting his hand to the ball, Lonergan was very good in the first 15 mins (then faded), D'Aloia, Sinor and Hardie good all day. Brinker-Ritchie was brushed aside in field ball-ups by the strength of Harvey but, in first game (only played a half), a promising start - however, he showed no 2nd effort follow-up and almost no possessions which has got to improve, something which would put Lukac ahead of him at this stage. Rowe seem to spend the majority of the time forward and didn't have much impact when he went in the midfield.
Let's hope that big Connor Ballenden can fix his problem of not "clunking" the overhead marks that he should be taking.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:32 am

So this weeks trial game against West at Richmond 
I might have to make an appearance this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:04 pm

You will be a welcome face Mickyj
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:26 pm

whybother wrote:You will be a welcome face Mickyj

Thanks whybother
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:27 pm

Just mucking around looking at the season's possible first round line up.

This is the team that finished the last minor round match for 2022:

Weckert............D. Menzel..............G'Worthy

Sinor.................Ballenden.............Hardie

McFarlane...........Clarke.................Almond

Beecken.............Thompson............Studham

Rowland..............Lehmann............Buck

RUCK:
Redden, Mutch, Knight.
INTER:
Toumpas, Firns, Bruce, Comma.

My attempt at the 2023 first round team (depending on form and injury):

Pearce.............D. Menzel...............Beattie

Sinor................Ballenden..............Rowe

Williams............Hardie..................Pudney

Beecken............Thompson..........Litster

Rowland.............Lehmann...........Buck

RUCK
Brinker-Ritchie, Collier-Dawkins, Knight.
INTER:
Toumpas, Firns, G'Worthy, Comma.

Out from 2022:
Redden (ret.), Mutch (to Panthers), Weckert (? reserves), Almond (ret.), Clarke (back to Vic.), McFarlane (? reserves), Studham (injured).Bruce(? reserves).

In for 2023:
Brinker-Ritchie, Collier-Dawkins, Pearce, Williams, Rowe, Pudney, Litster, Beattie.

Under a cloud for first match: Knight (achilles), Collier-Dawkins (knee), D. Menzel (ankle).

Back-ups:
Lonergan, D'Aloia, Weckert, Bruce, Sladojevic, McFarlane, Mawson, Studham (when fit), Clay Cameron (when fit), Troy Menzel (when fit), Lukac.

Possible weaknesses in my selected team:
A tall forward if Ballenden needs to ruck. Wings. A tall third backman if needed to cover three tall forwards.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Do we know this weeks trial games times guys
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:55 pm

Plenty of thought and pre season research gone into that proposed team Wimpey.
Probably won't be too far off the mark.
I'd suggest Sheedy will err on the side of caution in Round 1 and pick a more experienced side where he can.
Reasonable list of players that miss out too which gives us some depth.
Potentially a bit short up forward and haven't got as many tall options as per my Christmas wish list.

wimpy wrote:Just mucking around looking at the season's possible first round line up.

This is the team that finished the last minor round match for 2022:

Weckert............D. Menzel..............G'Worthy

Sinor.................Ballenden.............Hardie

McFarlane...........Clarke.................Almond

Beecken.............Thompson............Studham

Rowland..............Lehmann............Buck

RUCK:
Redden, Mutch, Knight.
INTER:
Toumpas, Firns, Bruce, Comma.

My attempt at the 2023 first round team (depending on form and injury):

Pearce.............D. Menzel...............Beattie

Sinor................Ballenden..............Rowe

Williams............Hardie..................Pudney

Beecken............Thompson..........Litster

Rowland.............Lehmann...........Buck

RUCK
Brinker-Ritchie, Collier-Dawkins, Knight.
INTER:
Toumpas, Firns, G'Worthy, Comma.

Out from 2022:
Redden (ret.), Mutch (to Panthers), Weckert (? reserves), Almond (ret.), Clarke (back to Vic.), McFarlane (? reserves), Studham (injured).Bruce(? reserves).

In for 2023:
Brinker-Ritchie, Collier-Dawkins, Pearce, Williams, Rowe, Pudney, Litster, Beattie.

Under a cloud for first match: Knight (achilles), Collier-Dawkins (knee), D. Menzel (ankle).

Back-ups:
Lonergan, D'Aloia, Weckert, Bruce, Sladojevic, McFarlane, Mawson, Studham (when fit), Clay Cameron (when fit), Troy Menzel (when fit), Lukac.

Possible weaknesses in my selected team:
A tall forward if Ballenden needs to ruck. Wings. A tall third backman if needed to cover three tall forwards.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next