whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 21 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by hawke Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:45 pm

Half Time Eagles & West level on 2 goals 5 points.
Very disappointing considering Westies position. Trying to look for positives (very few), but Hardie looks to have "arrived" as a good, hard midfielder. Litster is workmanlike, reads the game but lacks the speed and balance to give us rebound - but then no other defender is really rebounding much anyway.
Eagles are showing no aerial strength but that was predictable with our recruitment. To kick 2goals against the bottom side Westies in a half suggests both a weak supply but also no forward line that can jag a mark. No Menzel, no Eagles.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 21 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:00 pm

I’m Gazz wrote:Scrappy game. Eagles bit stagnant with ball movement 2.5 all at half time
Was a scrappy game we came back and won by 3 goals 
Was not great to watch I think sons of those named didn’t play but I didn’t have a list
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 am

Not a great game to watch, the Eagles generally went too short and couldn't establish a go to forward. The Eagles just didn't seem to gel and couldn't string together connecting passages of play. We are most probably in need of one more good tall.
Our superb start to the last quarter broke the game a part, three consecutive centre clearances resulted in three goals. Beattie and Pearce each kicked a couple of goals.
We are still missing a number of good players: Knight, Collier-Dawkins, D. Menzel, Goldsworthy, Sinor, Lehmann, Cameron (aiming for a round three comeback), Studham and T. Menzel.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:46 am

wimpy wrote:Not a great game to watch, the Eagles generally went too short and couldn't establish a go to forward. The Eagles just didn't seem to gel and couldn't string together connecting passages of play. We are most probably in need of one more good tall.
Our superb start to the last quarter broke the game a part, three consecutive centre clearances resulted in three goals. Beattie and Pearce each kicked a couple of goals.
We are still missing a number of good players: Knight, Collier-Dawkins, D. Menzel, Goldsworthy, Sinor, Lehmann, Cameron (aiming for a round three comeback), Studham and T. Menzel.  

From what I saw your spot on Wimpy . Awful game to watch .
Seconds played the running game better excluding kicking lots of goals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:51 pm

Does anyone know if the young Welsh boy has played in the reserves and if yes how did he go?.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:28 am

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know if the young Welsh boy has played in the reserves and if yes how did he go?.

Tyler Welsh hasn't played any reserves trial games. I believe he will start in the U18s, I don't know but he has most probably already played a couple of underage trials.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:26 am

Got my package including ticket from the club yesterday. Was wondering when it would arrive. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:22 am

goddy11 wrote:Got my package including ticket from the club yesterday. Was wondering when it would arrive. Very Happy

We must’ve all got our tickets same day got the ticket yesterday .
Other stuff I got at the club when I paid .

I could’ve paid online but decided to go in
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:06 pm

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 21 Ae005710
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:26 pm

Just sawthis

All trial games will be Free on Sanfl Now

Norwood v Eagles - Friday March 17 at Thebarton Oval from 7.40pm (Live & Free on SANFLNow)
NORWOOD
Lowe, Panos, Donnelly, Morris, Rokahr, Hamilton, Kennerley, Jarvis, Ball, Nunn, Lowden, Ling, Tranfa, Sanders, Spence, Wilkins, Hodge, Boyd, Wright, Surman, Saywell, Lok, Stingel, Binder

EAGLES
(2) Jimmy Toumpas, (3) Jake Comitogianni, (6) Luke Thompson, (7) Riley Knight, (9) Dane McFarlane, (10) Connor Ballenden, (13) Will Pearce, (15) Mitch Hardie, (16) James Rowe, (18) Luke Beecken, (21) Max Beattie, (24) Sam Rowland, (25) Jordan Lukac, (28) Adam D’Aloia, (29) Matthew Goldsworthy, (30) Zane Williams, (32) Ryan Bruce, (35) Joseph Sinor, (37) Kai Pudney, (39) Jack Firns, (41) Patrick Weckert, (49) Zac Buck, (51) Max Litster
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Can’t watch this game can someone post scores ect 
Hopefully Knight plays
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:08 pm

Bloody good win. I was hoping to watch it in SANFL now. They always let you down.
Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 21 33586210
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:10 pm

Great win by the Eagles tonight, easily accounting for Norwood by about eight goals!. We were unrecognizable from the team that put in that shocker at Richmond last Saturday. I feel much better about our 2023 prospects now. Also great to be back at Thebarton, our spiritual home.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:17 pm

Knights only lasted 10 mins, hurt foot.

Ballenden 4
Goldy 4
Williams 3
Comma 2
Rowe 1
Beecken 1
Beattie 1
Angove 1

Last edited by wimpy on Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:28 pm

Were Hardie, Lukac and Goldy also injured, or just rested in the second half? Hopefully nothing too serious. Much improved game from Weckert this week.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:28 am

I think quite a few were rested. Lukac appeared to get severe cramp and came off for awhile, went back on and appeared to get a minor leg knock.
Goldy and Ballenden appeared to be rested for a fair bit of the second half.
With the hot weather and some of the players in their third trial and the EAGLES well ahead, resting some was a good option.
Goldy and Ballenden were sensational in the first half, Williams was excellent in the second half. Lukac did a very good job in ruck and has to be in the 22 for the first game. Ballenden only took a couple of ball ups in the forward area and we were better for his constant presence up forward.
Thompson played his best trial by far.
Bruce really struggled in the back lines but with Lehmann out we have nobody else to play there.  I think Williams needs to play on the wing. At this stage our wingmen, Pudney and McFarlane are poor. With Rowe, Goldy, Beattie and Pearce being able to play as small forwards a wing position for Williams should be a possibility. In the second half Williams had plenty of run, and went long and direct. When Lukac went off, Weckert and Firns rucked and competed quite well in the ruck but Boyd for Norward was off injured.
We out ran Norwood and also out muscled them, our style of game looked excellent.
In the last quarter the coach played some of the boys from the reserves, Hansen, Angove, Mawson Norman and Arthur, they acquitted themselves well and gave us some very nice run which was needed in the draining hot conditions.
A great team effort last night.
David B-R should be OK for first round. D. Menzel looking at a 1st or 2nd round appearance, Riley C-D about round 2, Studham round 2, Clay Cameron round 3 and Lehmann unsure.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:04 am

wimpy wrote:I think quite a few were rested. Lukac appeared to get severe cramp and came off for awhile, went back on and appeared to get a minor leg knock.
With the hot weather and some of the players in their third trial and the EAGLES well ahead, resting some was a good option.
Goldy and Ballenden were sensational in the first half, Williams was excellent in the second half. Lukac did a very good job in ruck and has to be in the 22 for the first game. Ballenden only took a couple of ball ups in the forward area and we were better for his constant presence up forward.
Bruce really struggled in the back lines but with Lehmann out we have nobody else to play there.  I think Williams needs to play on the wing. At this stage our wingmen, Pudney and McFarlane are poor. With Rowe, Goldy, Beattie and Pearce being able to play as small forwards a wing position for Williams should be a possibility. In the second half Williams had plenty of run, and went long and direct. When Lukac went off, Weckert and Firns rucked and competed quite well in the ruck but Boyd for Norward was off injured.
We out ran Norwood and also out muscled them, our style of game looked excellent.
In the last quarter the coach played some of the boys from the reserves, Hansen, Angove, Mawson Norman and Arthur, they acquitted themselves well and gave us some very nice run which was needed in the draining hot conditions.
David B-R should be OK for first round. D. Menzel looking at a 1st or 2nd round appearance, Riley C-D about round 2, Studham round 2, Clay Cameron round 3 and Lehmann unsure.
Thanks for that report Wimpy must’ve played better than against west with some names in that actually played this week .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:51 am

wimpy wrote:I think quite a few were rested. Lukac appeared to get severe cramp and came off for awhile, went back on and appeared to get a minor leg knock.

Great feedback as always Wimpy. Any feedback on Knight. How was Jimmy T?.
Is Weckert in danger of suspension.

Any good players in the "b" to look out for.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:41 am

Now all we need to do is reproduce that effort/application in two weeks time...against Norwood again!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:44 am

whybother wrote:Now all we need to do is reproduce that effort/application in two weeks time...against Norwood again!

Very true what we showed against West in the first 3 quarters will not cut it imho
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:31 pm

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:57 am

Apologies. I might have been wrong with P. Weckert being reported.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 pm

What’s up on talking footy forum 
Eagles will struggle this year have I missed something
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:31 pm

Mickyj wrote:What’s up on talking footy forum 

I'd take more notice of the comment below the one you have mentioned.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Columbo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:What’s up on talking footy forum 

I'd take more notice of the comment below the one you have mentioned.
Yep that came up after I posted on here . That is a much better post . I don’t normally post on there any more I some how have upset a Glenelg fan he comes after me so I don’t post but I did today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next