Titan2
Gazz
Gregod
Aerie
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roosters v Eagles prospect oval 24th July  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosters v Eagles prospect oval 24th July

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:49 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:That Patrick  Weckert in the reserves looks a star. Is this his 1st game in reserves. Tall boy.

Just checked the APP on my phone 7 goals for him so far

Make that 8 now Very Happy

Great win Eagles seconds
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roosters v Eagles prospect oval 24th July  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosters v Eagles prospect oval 24th July

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:37 pm

The 2022 season in tatters for the Eagles now
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Reddeer wrote:The 2022 season in tatters for the Eagles now

Yep agree and I can’t be at the games so it’s harder to watch
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm

Trying to stay positive but the players look like the cues in the rack. Saw some signs from Pearce today but not much else. If we scrape in to finals it will be a quick exit
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:36 pm

Yep, the scoreboard doesn’t lie. A combination of some players not up to league level yet, some players out of form or struggling with injury and an overall lack of effort since the bye. I don’t think we’ve beaten a top 4 team yet this season. There is enough talent in the squad to beat the lower teams, but not the effort to beat the higher teams. Hayes, Tsitas, Stengle, Giuffreda and Poole have proved to be impossible to replace.

3 wins will still get us in and 7 wins gets us a Premiership! It does look like the pool cue had been placed firmly in the rack though.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:05 pm

Since Tsitas and Jack Hayes were pinched in the preseason our chances diminished. Along with oodles of injuries to the recruiters we have been up against it. I wonder if Tsitas and Hayes would reconsider their moves in view what they have achieved apart from more money. In hindsight I bet they would have prefered to stay home and be stars in the comp and win another Magarey, play for the state etc
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:25 pm

If we had a stable line up of players it might help. With all the changes they can't gell together and know how each other plays. They seemed too slow and North easily running away from the players
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:47 pm

goddy11 wrote:That Patrick  Weckert in the reserves looks a star. Is this his 1st game in reserves. Tall boy.

Where did he come from? Is he new? I don't recall his name being mentioned in the reserves all season. How old is he? And yes, I agree he looked really good. Great leap. Late season call-up into the League? Why not? He can't do any worse than what we've currently got at the moment!
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:48 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Just turned the U18 on. Is Tyler Welsh playing in 2 teams today. Swear he was in the U16's earlier.

It was good to see both U16s and U18s have wins against the higher placed North Adelaide teams.
When I was following the scores yesterday I was also amazed that Tyler Welsh played in both the U16s and U18s.
Looked like he coped extremely well, kicked 3.3 in the U16s and 3.1 in the U18s.
Went and saw him play in the U16 state team against Western Australia at Thebby Oval, he played very well and kicked 4.2 from CHF to maybe SA's best. Looks to have a huge future. I hope in 2024 he's playing league for the Eagles as an under 18.

How tall is Tyler Welsh? His did couldn't have been more than 190cm and was more a flanker-type rather than a true key position. Does Tyler Welsh have his dad's build or is he more of a true key position player?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:17 pm

Aerie wrote:Yep, the scoreboard doesn’t lie. A combination of some players not up to league level yet, some players out of form or struggling with injury and an overall lack of effort since the bye. I don’t think we’ve beaten a top 4 team yet this season. There is enough talent in the squad to beat the lower teams, but not the effort to beat the higher teams. Hayes, Tsitas, Stengle, Giuffreda and Poole have proved to be impossible to replace.

3 wins will still get us in and 7 wins gets us a Premiership! It does look like the pool cue had been placed firmly in the rack though.

I actually thought that overall this was an even worse performance than last week. We started off the first 15mins with the right mindset then dropped right out of it. A bit of North being far too good and we being very poor contributed to one of our biggest losses of the season.

We won't be playing finals. Let's be real - we are firmly a bottom 3 team at the moment and are playing many players who really don't deserve their spot the team. But then there must be someone who can come in and replace them and the cupboard is pretty bare in the reserves so we play the best we've got. But to be perfectly frank our team included four players who are not up to league footy and really can't see much improvement going forward, 4-5 blokes who are genuine 'b-graders' being forced (due to injuries and lack of depth) to be relied upon as 'A-graders' with inconsistent results. And all but 1-2 of our A-graders having poor seasons based on what they are capable of.

If we can't make the finals with a few games to go then I'd really like to see Sheedy experiment with some position changes and some new changes.

I would like to see Duval up forward. He's really been asked to play the Giuffreda role this season but he's definitely no Giuffreda (few are). Far too loose but I think his style could be suited to a roaming forward

I would like to see Studham from reserves (or anyone with a bit of speed and a similarly good kick) being given a go in the back pocket.

I would like to see Beecken permanently stationed on the wing for more than 1 game - I want to see what he's capable of (or not).

Once the season is done I would love Sheedy start with a completely new slate over Summer. Throw open all positions in the team to any challengers and see who wants it. Don't rely on reputations. No one expected going into the 2020 season that the Eagles would get close to challenging with only low key recruiting but we looked at the Amateur leagues, our country zones and some of the State leagues and brought in a bunch of young kids with hunger. Let's do that again. Who from the AFL might return? Not sure of the state of the contracts but possibly Rowe (Crows), Frederick (Port), Morris (Hawthorn), McNeil (Bulldogs), Wehr (GWS), Mansell (Richmond), Tsitas (GC), Williams (Geelong) would all be under pressure to hold their spots. None of them tall but a couple of these blokes would sure be useful!!
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:32 pm

Just on your AFL Eagles Titan

I think you can put a line through Morris, McNeil and Wehr. They are all playing at the moment, Jacob hasn't missed a game for GWS since his debut when McVeigh took over as coach.

Rowey is an interesting one, seems to be a bit of a whipping boy at Crow land both by the club and supporters, would another club take a punt on him maybe?
Mansell seems to have struggled for opportunities this year even though Richmond are not as strong as previous years, was suspended earlier in the year and don't think he has played since.
Marty Frederick has played 11 games in the SANFL this year and was very quiet last night.
Changa may be another interesting one, might depend, as mentioned, on his contract length.

As for today, while we are still in the race...just, we keep hitting the hurdles now, if we win all 3 which includes the game against Sturt then we are still a chance if they win their other 2 games, however our percentage took another hit today and that wouldn't help our case.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Patrick Weckert a 17 yo from BSR. Goes to PAC so obliged to play school footy for them. When playing for our U18s he has been playing CHB. I thought his marking and kicking were sensational. I think he could be one of Sheedy's favourite next year. Will likely to be in the league squad next season and will receive special attention (just like Lachy Jones, Lachy McNeil, Jacob Wehr and Rhyan Mansell).
Our promotion of youngster and assessing them has been excellent. Sheedy will be unrelenting in improving our squad.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:40 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Patrick Weckert a 17 yo from BSR. Goes to PAC so obliged to play school footy for them. When playing for our U18s he has been playing CHB. I thought his marking and kicking were sensational. I think he could be one of Sheedy's favourite next year. Will likely to be in the league squad next season and will receive special attention (just like Lachy Jones, Lachy McNeil, Jacob Wehr and Rhyan Mansell).
Our promotion of youngster and assessing them has been excellent. Sheedy will be unrelenting in improving our squad.
Agree with you Wimpy. Overlooked by the state selector . Maybe too young.
I mentioned Byron Pickett Jnr in another thread. Does he look like playing for us. I think he is at Port Districts at.
Any update on Jarod Allmond?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:11 pm

The U18 state selectors only picked two bottom agers. Would think he would be a cert. for next year's team.

"Titan2" I reckon Tyler Welsh is about 191 cm. Definitely played CHF. Don't know if he will grow anymore, but at this stage of his career is mobile and a great kick and mark.

I have scrolled back through Eagles WWTFC face book posts and found a photo of the six Eagle players that represented SA at the recent U16 carnival. Tyler Welsh is on the far right - No 26. One of the others in the photo was Tom Luck who was SA's lead ruckman so you might be able to gauge the size of Tyler.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:22 pm

Re J. Allmond. He trained with the Eagles during the week although there is a rumour outside of the Nest that Allmond has quit the Eagles.
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:46 pm

Woody wrote:Re J. Allmond. He trained with the Eagles during the week although there is a rumour outside of the Nest that Allmond has quit the Eagles.

Jarrad likes to talk and I'd suggest he's told one of his Cock friends what's going on so this may indeed be accurate Woody.
Was at training last week though but he is not part of our planning for 2023.
I'm not critical of the Club for taking him back at all and it was made very clear to him from the start that it was on our terms.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2