North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July

4 posters

Go down

North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July  Empty North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 am

North v Eagles
Saturday 14 July
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

This is the start of our hard games . Eagles need to play well in four quarters and win.
Id like to see Bomber back in .

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July  Empty Re: North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 am

Thought last Sundays match was pretty hard!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July  Empty Re: North V Eagles Prospect Oval 14 July

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 pm

wimpy wrote:Thought last Sundays match was pretty hard!!!!!!
It was but this one means more to prove we improved since the last time .

I should clarify that a bit better .
North out played the Eagles last game .
Eagles need to be ready and attack and let our on field generals set things up . As in Stewart and Boyd .
North Fans I'm reading online crowing about a grand final ( Sturt fans joining them now )
I won't get that far ahead of myself
Eagles need to win this game being called a Top of the table clash.

I hope that's a bit clearer

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Eagles need to be ready and attack and let our on field generals set things up . As in Stewart and Boyd .
North Fans I'm reading online crowing about a grand final ( Sturt fans joining them now )

It sounds like you already have.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

It sounds like you already have.

No I think this game is going to be a hard fought game.
I learnt a long time ago to never think it's a done deal
But I have read some North fans think they've won the flag
I don't think the Eagles have after the last few finals games we've played in . Seeing we haven't won a flag in the GF games we've played in recently.

And once again it's written online on talking footy it's a top game .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 am

Anyone know if the Eagles are wearing an indigenous jumper in this week's game ?
I see North are as it comes up on Facebook.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 am

Mickyj wrote:Anyone know if the Eagles are wearing an indigenous jumper in this week's game ?
I see North are as it comes up on Facebook.

Ok I've seen it on Facebook looks great well done Eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:21 pm

EAGLES

League

The Eagles have included two in-form goal kickers for their contest against North on Saturday.

Ruckman Marc Borholm booted eight goals in the Eagles’ massive win against the Magpies’ Reserves last round while Jack Lukosius is coming off an All-Australian performance with the McDonald’s SA U18 team at the AFL National Championships.

Both players have been named on a five-man extended interchange bench, leaving coach Michael Godden with some difficult decisions to make.

F: Gray, N. Hayes, Boyd

HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Comitogianni, Lewis, Haylock

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Hall

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Heinjus

R: Redden, Rowland, Poole

INT: Westbrook, Borholm, Stewart, Firns, Lukosius

IN: Lukosius, Borholm

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Wehr, Rowe, Wood, J.Gaffney, W.McPherson, Sinor, Petrenko, West, Walker, McKay.

Under-18
F: Schoenberg, Francis, Miller
HF: Pratico, Armfield, McLeod
C: Smith, McNeil, Martin Frederick
HB: McNeilly, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Bailey, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Pudney, Mead
INT: Arriola, Beecken, J. Bruce, Burgoyne, Michael Frederick, McCauley, Pickett
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Bomber and Westbrook playing in the seconds
Pup injured with a side strain
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Wow what a great game . What can one say the night of winning that game .
Awesome
Awesome
Awesome
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:03 pm

SANFL Match review
Woodville-West Torrens enhanced its premiership credentials with a statement-making 63-point win against North Adelaide at Prospect Oval.

Maintaining their place at the top of the Macca’s League ladder, the Eagles put the fellow top-three contender on the back foot with a sensational seven-goal first term.

Restricting the Roosters to just one major in the opening quarter – kicked by skipper Max Thring in 23rd minute – the visitors were supreme in earning a 40-point break at the first change.

And by the time last week’s final term hero Jake Comitogianni kicked truly in the 13th minute of the second stanza, the Eagles had already opened up a commanding 10-goal lead.

North closed to within 47 points on the back of a goal to former Eagle Matt McDonough 11 minutes into the third term.

But when West End State forward Jack Hayes kicked his third midway through the fourth, Michael Godden’s men had well and truly killed off the contest to the tune of 78 points.

Such is the trademark of the Eagles, who don’t boast any superstars in their line-up, the goals were shared around as 11 players registered their name on the goal scorers list.

Veterans James Boyd (37 disposals) and Scott Lewis (36 disposals) continue to wind back the clock with their recent form while the ever-reliable Chris Hall and Matt Goldsworthy also made strong contributions while combining for 60 touches.

The loss was another body-blow for the Roosters, who for the second week in succession, lost to a fellow top-three contender on their home deck.

Josh Carr’s charges still sit in third spot on the ladder but now know they have some work to do between now and the major round if they are to overhaul the competition’s pacesetters.

Former Eagle Jarred Allmond collected a team-high 27 touches against his old team-mates while captain Thring had 25 as his side suffered from a lack of meaningful contributions.

EAGLES 7.4 11.8 14.12 18.13 (121)

NORTH 1.0 3.2 5.5 8.10 (58)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Boyd 37, Lewis 36, Hall 32, Goldsworthy 28, Stewart 24, Johansen 22, Haylock 20, Gray, Rowland 18.

North: Allmond 27, Thring 25, Wilkie 22, Tropiano 21, Clisby 20, Appleton 19, Spina, C. Craig 18.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes, Haylock 3, Sharrad, Lukosius, Von Bertouch 2, Goldsworthy, Gray, Comitogianni, N. Hayes, Boyd, Stewart.

North: Hender, Harvey 2, McDonough, Ryswyk, A. Barns, Thring.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 am

Ok now I've calmed down over the great win yesterday .
Anyone recall when the Eagles played such a good game .
Honestly the Eagles were switched on for four quarters yesterday that's a change .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:43 am

It's been a struggle to watch the Eagles play a lot of their games this season. Not a pretty style. Rarely high scores, it's been a grind.
Yesterday it was a pleasure to watch. All played well would have nicely encompassed our game. Good to see the coach throw around lots of different combinations and surprise moves. I feel the coach has done a slow build up this year to peak at the finals. I find I change my mind each week as to which team in the top four is the likely premier. Go Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 am

wimpy wrote:It's been a struggle to watch the Eagles play a lot of their games this season. Not a pretty style. Rarely high scores, it's been a grind.
Yesterday it was a pleasure to watch. All played well would have nicely encompassed our game. Good to see the coach throw around lots of different combinations and surprise moves. I feel the coach has done a slow build up this year to peak at the finals. I find I change my mind each week as to which team in the top four is the likely premier. Go Eagles.

Yep I agree Wimpy
I haven't always agreed with the coaches choices but it's working
Yesterday was a good example of that .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm

I think the intent was visible from the first contest yesterday and the pressure, actual and perceived unsettled them. First half of quick movement, taking the game and the opposition on was as good as we have played in a long while.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Columbo wrote:I think the intent was visible from the first contest yesterday and the pressure, actual and perceived unsettled them. First half of quick movement, taking the game and the opposition on was as good as we have played in a long while.
I agree with your comments Columbo, also our handling of the ball in the first half was very, very clean.
Another observation was that we came through the centre a lot more and had players running past on both sides for the hand pass.
The Kadina result would have put paid to the magpies making the finals.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Forgot to add, how good was Lewie yesterday? He has turned back the clock in the last couple of games. He has outplayed and out thought his opponents.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 am

Columbo wrote:Forgot to add, how good was Lewie yesterday? He has turned back the clock in the last couple of games. He has outplayed and out thought his opponents.

Spot on Columbo he has improved greatly.
And sitting down by the fence I noticed him and Boyd and Stewart and Poole.
Stewart smothers by the line in this game top notch
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am

When Lewy was interviewed after presentations he indicated he would go on next season if the coach wanted him. He must now consider if he wants to get married again so he can sustain his form!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Columbo wrote:Forgot to add, how good was Lewie yesterday? He has turned back the clock in the last couple of games. He has outplayed and out thought his opponents.

I mentioned a couple of games ago that Lewey is looking fitter and playing well. Good to see that left foot working to our benefit.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm

I only watched the game on digital but was wondering about the half time punch up.
Gus will be watching from the sidelines for a couple of game. Massive loss. He get picked on every match and never gives an inch. The 2 matches are base on his poor record even though it was judged careless and low impact. I think he should appeal. Takes 2 to tango.

North Adelaide midfielder Jarred Allmond has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking the Eagles’ Nick Hayes at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Jarred Allmond (North) – Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 2 Matches
Early Plea: 1 Match
Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Angus Poole has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking North Adelaide’s Mackenzie Slee at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Angus Poole (Eagles) – Striking
Conduct: Careless
Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 2 Matches
Both players have until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept their charge.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:10 am

goddy11 wrote:I only watched the game on digital but was wondering about the half time punch up.
Gus will be watching from the sidelines for a couple of game. Massive loss. He get picked on every match and never gives an inch. The 2 matches are base on his poor record even though it was judged careless and low impact. I think he should appeal. Takes 2 to tango.

North Adelaide midfielder Jarred Allmond has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking the Eagles’ Nick Hayes at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Jarred Allmond (North) – Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Base Sanction: 2 Matches
Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Angus Poole has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking North Adelaide’s Mackenzie Slee at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Angus Poole (Eagles) – Striking
Conduct: Careless
Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 2 Matches
Both players have until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept their charge.
I had no idea about the reports
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down