hawke
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles vs North Round One - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles vs North Round One

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:31 am

The Barton wrote:
wimpy wrote:
The Barton wrote:I reckon this will be pretty close to the final team Wimpy but can't see Phillips getting a start in the league. Still a question mark over Firns' fitness possibly as well as McFarlane. Rowland to have a run in the midfield. Are you part of the coaching panel Wimpy?

Is somebody taking the P... ???? I wouldn't know what end of the football to hold.
Forgot about McFarlane and his calf, wouldn't chance him.
Early in preseason I think the brains trust were looking at Rowland in the midfield, especially after Tsitas being drafted by the Suns.
Since then we have secured Dylan Clarke which might make Rowland in the midfield not a necessity, maybe occasionally for a lock down roll. Our backline looks to be more attacking than in previous years and a defensive defender like Rowland wouldn't go astray.
I know he's only young, but at this stage I'm not a Phillips enthusiast but what do we do?
Come on "The Barton" make a suggestion.

Zac Buck will most probably miss out, but couldn't have done much more in the trial games, and if needed during the season would have great confidence in him. Enjoy his attack on the man and ball.

Your Team was very close to that picked Wimpy, you must know your footy after all:D
Not overly concerned with the Rucks with the log Harvie leading their Ruck.
Expecting interchange to be Pudney, Litster, Comma and Williams. Buck unlucky given trial form and attack on the footy.

Do we think Lonergan will be starting on the HF flank ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:34 am

We can utilise his pace there !!
He often starts on the bench and ends up in the middle for short bursts
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:50 am

The Barton wrote:We can utilise his pace there !!
He often starts on the bench and ends up in the middle for short bursts

That’s what I thought
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:11 pm

Mickyj wrote:
The Barton wrote:
wimpy wrote:
The Barton wrote:I reckon this will be pretty close to the final team Wimpy but can't see Phillips getting a start in the league. Still a question mark over Firns' fitness possibly as well as McFarlane. Rowland to have a run in the midfield. Are you part of the coaching panel Wimpy?

Is somebody taking the P... ???? I wouldn't know what end of the football to hold.
Forgot about McFarlane and his calf, wouldn't chance him.
Early in preseason I think the brains trust were looking at Rowland in the midfield, especially after Tsitas being drafted by the Suns.
Since then we have secured Dylan Clarke which might make Rowland in the midfield not a necessity, maybe occasionally for a lock down roll. Our backline looks to be more attacking than in previous years and a defensive defender like Rowland wouldn't go astray.
I know he's only young, but at this stage I'm not a Phillips enthusiast but what do we do?
Come on "The Barton" make a suggestion.

Zac Buck will most probably miss out, but couldn't have done much more in the trial games, and if needed during the season would have great confidence in him. Enjoy his attack on the man and ball.

Your Team was very close to that picked Wimpy, you must know your footy after all:D
Not overly concerned with the Rucks with the log Harvie leading their Ruck.
Expecting interchange to be Pudney, Litster, Comma and Williams. Buck unlucky given trial form and attack on the footy.

Do we think Lonergan will be starting on the HF flank ?

Think he will start on the bench, he did that just about all games last season. The coach seems to like running him in short bursts to get the maximum out of him.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:18 pm

The named team we get via email and what appears in the Advertiser are always different.
Just cannot see McFarlane lining up in the back pocket, at best off the bench.
Numerous matches last season Pudney started on the bench but I think he will have to be in the starting 18 on Saturday. Can't see Kobe Mutch playing on the wing, I know he doesn't like playing there. Would most probably have Allmond and Pudney on the wings.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Totally touched up by the Roosters. Our lack of a Jack Hayes showed up but also our forward
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:Totally touched up by the Roosters. Our lack of a Jack Hayes showed up but also our forward

Yep not tall enough at CHF need a second ruck Also backline missed Guff
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:50 pm

North too good! As they were last time we played them!

We’ll be better structured with Ballenden forward and Cameron back.

I think we kicked 5 points in a row at the end of the 3rd/start of the last qtr and then North goaled. Had we converted a couple of those we were a real chance, but not to be.

I would be playing Duval as a floating forward. I think Duval, with his leap and athleticism would offer something we lack in the forward line. His role back, between Cameron and Lister, could be easily filled.

Is the playing field marked about 5-10m shorter at both ends this year?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 am

"Aerie" It's been like that for a couple of years now, about 5m shorter at each end. I believe the boundary umpires complained that the way it was marked and the length of the oval they could not get wide enough to get a good read on the out of bounds in the pockets. Pretty pathetic I think. Let's have something that's peculiar to our oval to give us an advantage (greater length), we have to play on those pissy small ovals which gives those clubs an advantage.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:50 am

Clubs best Vs N.A.

League
1) D. Menzel
2) M. Duval
3) D. McFarlane

Reserves
1) L. Hoile
2) W. Pearce
3) J. Wheare
4) N. Studham
5) B. Calvert
6) H. Dawkins
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:59 am

Do we now if Duval was seriously injured ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Our ball carriers like Comma, Haylock and Williams were very poor. Williams has gone backwards imho in the last couple off seasons. Redden had a stinker. Only 3 hb's. If we had a second tall at least we could have propped him up at FF.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:33 pm

goddy11 wrote:Our ball carriers like Comma, Haylock and Williams were very poor. Williams has gone backwards imho in the last couple off seasons. Redden had a stinker. Only 3 hb's. If we had a second tall at least we could have propped him up at FF.

Why put him at F/F when D. Menzel was excelling!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Not an ideal start. However aside from a 10min patch in the 3rd quarter when North banged on about 4 unanswered goals I thought we broke even with North.

Last season we started the season slowly so we can always build.

This will be the first season in a while when we don't have an obvious dangerous small forward that you can pencil in at least 2 goals per game following Rowe and Stengle.

D Menzel played his best game with us but it's not sustainable kicking to him with each entry. We need other contributors. Ballenden's return will be absolutely critical for us. Cameron is another option up forward given he came to our club as one but has had rotten luck with constant injuries. Also don't discount the impact big Seb will have. Duval very impressive in his first match with us. I never really paid attention to him when he was playing for West.

Only first match but my observations are 1. Where are Haylock and Williams at? 2. D Menzel will need to kick at least 40 goals for us this year such as his importance 3. Can we unearth a reliable small forward? 4. Who will be the young player that Sheedy brings up from the Reserves/U18s at some point and makes a regular contribution?
Titan
Titan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:07 pm

goddy11 wrote:Our ball carriers like Comma, Haylock and Williams were very poor. Williams has gone backwards imho in the last couple off seasons. Redden had a stinker. Only 3 hb's. If we had a second tall at least we could have propped him up at FF.

I forgot to add Goldy to that list. Is he injured?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:30 pm

Mickyj wrote:Do we now if Duval was seriously injured ?

Did he come back on? I thought I saw him warming up on the sideline, but can’t remember if he returned. Looked like a corky on the hip?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:37 pm

I saw the last quarter of the reserves live. Studham looks a real goer in defence. I had to look up to see who number 50 was when he sprinted past his opponent to get the ball - serious pace. Tyran Hill, grandson of former Eagle legend Kevin. Not sure on his disposal?

In answer to Titan’s question, I wonder if Lachy Hoile and Will Pearce will get opportunities soon? Hoile in particular put in a very good season last year and B.O.G. first game in Reserves.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:02 am

Nathan Studham played quite well in a couple of the trials. Is 21-22 y.o. Comes from Two Wells Mallala area (Cicca country). Played juniors at the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:11 am

Aerie wrote:I saw the last quarter of the reserves live. Studham looks a real goer in defence. I had to look up to see who number 50 was when he sprinted past his opponent to get the ball - serious pace. Tyran Hill, grandson of former Eagle legend Kevin. Not sure on his disposal?

In answer to Titan’s question, I wonder if Lachy Hoile and Will Pearce will get opportunities soon? Hoile in particular put in a very good season last year and B.O.G. first game in Reserves.

Love Will Pearce's football. Can be explosive and has a magnificent and accurate left foot kick. He's more of a lead up forward than a ground playing small forward. Our ground ball gets were non existent.
Jay Watson has great pace but needs to get more involved, might be a late developer like Beecken.
It looks like we are a bit uncertain of where the best position is for some players.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles vs North Round One - Page 2 Empty Sluggish

Post by Gazz Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 pm

Sluggish start to the title defence. I thought the scoreboard flattered us in the end. I know we are missing some key talls but Firns in ruck is not the answer. May need to select someone with a bit of size even if they aren't quite ready, just to help our structure a bit
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Gazz wrote:Sluggish start to the title defence. I thought the scoreboard flattered us in the end. I know we are missing some key talls but Firns in ruck is not the answer. May need to select someone with a bit of size even if they aren't quite ready, just to help our structure a bit

I think a tall lad playing in the seconds is probably the one
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2