Goddsy11
Mickyj
hawke
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles vs North Round One Empty Eagles vs North Round One

Post by hawke Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:01 pm

At training - Seb Guihaus in a moon-boot for left ankle/leg. ? his injury; either a fracture or severe ligament injury. A moon boot suggests at least 3 weeks.
Jack Firns is yet to show..
With Ballenden and Cameron already ruled out, it will be a big effort to avoid a 0 - 3 (W -L) start to the season.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Eagles vs North Round One Empty Re: Eagles vs North Round One

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Doesn’t sound good for us
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:17 pm

hawke wrote:At training - Seb Guihaus in a moon-boot for left ankle/leg. ? his injury; either a fracture or severe ligament injury. A moon boot suggests at least 3 weeks.
Jack Firns is yet to show..
With Ballenden and Cameron already ruled out, it will be a big effort to avoid a 0 - 3 (W -L) start to the season.

Whats wrong with Ballenden and Cameron and how long. The fixture is NA,Norw and West. Could have been tougher.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Luke Thompson only running laps in running shoes - ? any injury . Toumpas and Cameron doing their own away from training group.
Geez! I'll get a jumper soon with all the injuries !!
With all the youth in the Seconds, we haven't the ready- made replacements in the height department Barely 36 on the training track.
We'll win by being cleaner with skills, harder at the ball and better movement patterns.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Jack Firns has appeared and doing side-to-side tests around cones (for ankle). Training by self but may be a chance to play. Ideally another week off to be sure but we need him to play
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:45 pm

Seb Guilhaus will have 6 weeks in moonboot!! then probably another 2 weeks to build up match fitness.
Ballenden (fractured cheek bone) and Cameron (?plantar fascia surgery) might be ready Round 2
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:54 pm

Sheedy just on C7 news. Thinks we are slightly ahead of where we were this time last year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:46 pm

Have you forgotten how good we are Hawke!? We should account for North at home Round 1.

Anyone want to have a go at likely league and reserves teams for round 1?

PS. Thanks for the updates Hawke. It’s great to read from you and wimpy the updates from the training track.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:36 am

Ditto Aerie. Thanks Wimpy and Hawke. The club PR is slow coming. The website team photo's have been restored in sort but they are last years. I think the U16/18 start this weekend yet the player photo's and stats are not up to date.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:03 pm

I still think there is a chance Firns, Cameron and Ballenden might be available for the first match. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to training this week for any updates.
Talking to Cameron last week, he thought he would be very close to making it for round one. Last week he had moved from straight line running to twisting and dodging. I think Firns should be OK. Ballenden is a bit tricky, I have seen players with cheek bone fractures come back within a fortnight but it might depend on if he received concussion and if so how bad he got it. Initially he was told he would be out for 5 weeks making him available for the second match.
Jimmy T. is another that hasn't played a trial match, all he seems to do is running laps, I don't know how severe his ankle op. was.
McFarlane may have to be given a bit of time to recover as he had a calf problem last season.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Going back a few weeks to the trial that Ballenden was injured: was that an accident or a reportable offence?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:21 pm

whybother wrote:Going back a few weeks to the trial that Ballenden was injured: was that an accident or a reportable offence?

Definitely an accident, both arrived at the ball at the same time, I think the port player was McKenzie.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:00 am

Went to training last night. Looks like Firns will be OK to play. Ballenden I don't think will play, previously has had a fractured cheek bone and club wants to play safe, should be OK for 2nd round. Cameron I couldn't get a read on. Haylock looks to have overcome his knee problem and should play this week. Toumpas won't be ready until round four (playing very safe with the ankle he had operated on). Guilhaus has syndesmosis of the ankle, will not have an op, hopes to be back in 6-8 weeks.
Yesterday Dylan Clarke moved over to live permanently, previously he had flown over for the trial matches.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:43 am

Bring on Saturday.
Predicting Norf to be a very average side this year with disharmony with the Coach adding to their woes. We should account for them in the end but it won't be easy with our ability to score a concern. Hopefully Allmond plays a blinder and shoves it right up the Flog Squad. The players were pumped at training last night.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:50 pm

I know it's only one day before the team for Saturday is announced but I'll have a go at picking it:

FF: Mitch HARDIE........Dan MENZEL...........Zane WILLIAMS

HF: Mat GOLDSWORTHY....Jack FIRNS.........Troy MENZEL

C: Kai PUDNEY............Dylan CLARKE.........Jarrad ALLMOND

HB: Joey SINOR...........Luke THOMPSON......Luke BEECKEN

FB: Mitch DUVAL..........Rory Lehmann.........Sam ROWLAND

RUCK: Jarad REDDEN...Kobe MUTCH...Riley KNIGHT

INTER: (from) Jesse LONERGAN...Jake COMITIGIANNI...Max LITSTER....Zac PHILLIPS...Jordan LUKAC....Dane McFARLANE

Team based on Ballenden and Cameron not being available.
Having terrible trouble working out who will support Redden in ruck. I think Phillips is a better tap ruckman than Lukac but Lukac is better around the ground. I think Firns would be better than those two, but we need his height and aggression at CHF.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:18 pm

wimpy wrote:I know it's only one day before the team for Saturday is announced but I'll have a go at picking it:

FF:  Mitch HARDIE........Dan MENZEL...........Zane WILLIAMS

HF:  Mat GOLDSWORTHY....Jack FIRNS.........Troy MENZEL

C:   Kai PUDNEY............Dylan CLARKE.........Jarrad ALLMOND

HB: Joey SINOR...........Luke THOMPSON......Luke BEECKEN

FB:  Mitch DUVAL..........Rory Lehmann.........Sam ROWLAND

RUCK: Jarad REDDEN...Kobe MUTCH...Riley KNIGHT

INTER: (from) Jesse LONERGAN...Jake COMITIGIANNI...Max LITSTER....Zac PHILLIPS...Jordan LUKAC....Dane McFARLANE      

Team based on Ballenden and Cameron not being available.
Having terrible trouble working out who will support Redden in ruck. I think Phillips is a better tap ruckman than Lukac but Lukac is better around the ground. I think Firns would be better than those two, but we need his height and aggression at CHF.      
Nice team Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:22 pm

I reckon this will be pretty close to the final team Wimpy but can't see Phillips getting a start in the league. Still a question mark over Firns' fitness possibly as well as McFarlane. Rowland to have a run in the midfield. Are you part of the coaching panel Wimpy?
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:46 pm

The Barton wrote:I reckon this will be pretty close to the final team Wimpy but can't see Phillips getting a start in the league. Still a question mark over Firns' fitness possibly as well as McFarlane. Rowland to have a run in the midfield. Are you part of the coaching panel Wimpy?

Is somebody taking the P... ???? I wouldn't know what end of the football to hold.
Forgot about McFarlane and his calf, wouldn't chance him.
Early in preseason I think the brains trust were looking at Rowland in the midfield, especially after Tsitas being drafted by the Suns.
Since then we have secured Dylan Clarke which might make Rowland in the midfield not a necessity, maybe occasionally for a lock down roll. Our backline looks to be more attacking than in previous years and a defensive defender like Rowland wouldn't go astray.
I know he's only young, but at this stage I'm not a Phillips enthusiast but what do we do?
Come on "The Barton" make a suggestion.

Zac Buck will most probably miss out, but couldn't have done much more in the trial games, and if needed during the season would have great confidence in him. Enjoy his attack on the man and ball.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:23 am

After watching training last night I can't see either Phillips or Lukac being a support ruck for Redden. Clay Cameron looks a bit further away from playing than I first thought, maybe round four.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:09 am

wimpy wrote:After watching training last night I can't see either Phillips or Lukac being a support ruck for Redden. Clay Cameron looks a bit further away from playing than I first thought, maybe round four.

Do we think Firns will be filling the role ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:13 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:After watching training last night I can't see either Phillips or Lukac being a support ruck for Redden. Clay Cameron looks a bit further away from playing than I first thought, maybe round four.

Most probably, but would leave the forward area with no talls.

Last edited by wimpy on Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:42 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Most probably, but would the forward area with no talls.

It’s a quandary for us to think about
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:03 pm

Wimpy, I see McFarlane named. Big bench so fitness check maybe?

Eagles v North Adelaide | Maughan Thiem Kia Oval | 4:10pm | SANFL Now | 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

EAGLES

League

F: T. Menzel, D. Menzel, Hardie

HF: Goldsworthy, Firns, Lonergan

C: Allmond, Clarke, Mutch

HB: Duval, Thompson, Sinor

B: Beecken, Lehmann, McFarlane

R: Redden, Rowland, Knight

INT: Pudney, Haylock, Litster, Williams, Mead, Buck, Comitogianni

NEW: Dylan Clarke (Essendon), Mitch Duval (West Adelaide), Zac Buck (Port District), Jarred Allmond (North Adelaide)

Reserves
Will Neumann, Lachlan Hoile, Jordan Lukac, Jack Wheare, Nathan Studham, Ryan Bruce, Lukas Cooke, Brayden Calvett, Harrison Dawkins, Dale Pearce, Connor McLeod, Brock Thomson, Cormack O’Reilly, Jay Watson, Tyran Hill, Sam Nicholls, Will Pearce, Zac Phillips, Mishai Wollogorang, Charlie Blair

Under 18
F: 12 Tilbrook, 26 Schwartz, 17 Mair
HF: 11 Whelan, 27 Niemann, 9 Whyte
C: 14 Dohnt, 10 Barkla, 4 Davey
HB: 16 McKay, 23 Pearce, 6 Thomson
B: 21 Battle, 18 Modystach, 29 Menta

R: 30 Hunter-Price, 25 Phillipou, 24 D’Aloia
INT: 19 Bertelsmeier, 7 Ellis, 20 G. Hansen, 28 Harnas, 22 Reschke, 15 Johnson, 8 Winston

Under 16
F: 31 Hodges, 60 West, 39 Thompson
HF: 55 Jamieson, 52 Harris, 44 Tregilgas
C: 42 Angove, 54 Herbert, 45 Parisi
HB: 48 Burgoyne, 59 Welsh, 53 Hasting
B: 58 Phillips, 50 Delmenico, 47 Willmott

R: 56 Luck, 49 Dodd, 43 Schwarz
INT: 34 Dixon Miller, 51 Griffiths, 57 McNeil, 37 Lucas, 46 Sauer, 41 Sumner, 38 Walshaw
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:09 am

wimpy wrote:
The Barton wrote:I reckon this will be pretty close to the final team Wimpy but can't see Phillips getting a start in the league. Still a question mark over Firns' fitness possibly as well as McFarlane. Rowland to have a run in the midfield. Are you part of the coaching panel Wimpy?

Is somebody taking the P... ???? I wouldn't know what end of the football to hold.
Forgot about McFarlane and his calf, wouldn't chance him.
Early in preseason I think the brains trust were looking at Rowland in the midfield, especially after Tsitas being drafted by the Suns.
Since then we have secured Dylan Clarke which might make Rowland in the midfield not a necessity, maybe occasionally for a lock down roll. Our backline looks to be more attacking than in previous years and a defensive defender like Rowland wouldn't go astray.
I know he's only young, but at this stage I'm not a Phillips enthusiast but what do we do?
Come on "The Barton" make a suggestion.

Zac Buck will most probably miss out, but couldn't have done much more in the trial games, and if needed during the season would have great confidence in him. Enjoy his attack on the man and ball.

Your Team was very close to that picked Wimpy, you must know your footy after all:D
Not overly concerned with the Rucks with the log Harvie leading their Ruck.
Expecting interchange to be Pudney, Litster, Comma and Williams. Buck unlucky given trial form and attack on the footy.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next