Goddsy11
wimpy
Mickyj
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles trials 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles trials 2022

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:40 pm

I didn’t see last weeks trial . Watched from part way through the second on the pass . A very running game still work to do .

Last edited by Mickyj on Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:04 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:How did the reserves go?

Seconds killed them saw  score on Facebook

Reserves:
Eagles 14.14
Dogs 6.5

First 5 mins of game the Dogs absolutely dominated 2.0 to zip, the Eagles then upped the ante and played some very good skilful football, it was a pleasure to watch. Will Pearce kicked 5.0.....could be a star. Jack Wheare 4.2 and Jay Watson 2.1.
Apart from Pearce and Wheare, Jay Watson, Will Neuman, Oliver Siney and Natham Studham had their moments.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:23 pm

Eagles vs Centrals trial - a good workout with Centrals making us work hard and exposing a few doubtful areas we can improve in the next 2 weeks.
Goldsworthy and Comitogianni recovering from injury and in their first games were clearly underdone and will need to pick up a lot to be match fit for April 2nd.
Centrals scored 3 goals early by the ball dropping goalside off goalsquare packs with no small Eagle guarding. Improved later.
Jordan Lukac, only 19yrs may become a good player but isn't ready yet. Good experience for him today. May play in the opening round with Redden because he is the "last tall left standing" with Ballenden (cheekbone) and Guilhaus (ankle) having gone down.
Went along to have a look at Dylan Clark who played well but was surpassed by onballers Mutch (outstanding) Sinor and Lonergan.
Daniel Menzel just oozes class the way he swept up a ground ball in the last Q under pressure and snapped around his body from 40 metres.
Hope Clay Cameron can get back for the opener. At one stage we had little Buck in one back pocket and Litster standing their "tall".

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:04 am

Spot on Hawke. We seemed to have most of the paly and should have scored more. McFarlane showed a bit. Clarke's first game so I expect more. The defense was ok but strange without Patty G. Didn't not much of Comma.
A good hit out for us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:Spot on Hawke. We seemed to have most of the paly and should have scored more. McFarlane showed a bit. Clarke's first game so I expect more. The defense was ok but strange without Patty G. Didn't not much of Comma.
A good hit out for us.

Thought Mitch Duval was right up there in our best players, definitely more attacking than Guff.
Zane Williams should have had 3 goals missed an absolute sitter. If he can go 2-3 each game that should keep him in.
Comma, Thommo, Goldy and Redden all needed a run and will get better.
Although McFarlane found a fair bit of the ball his decision making was indifferent and indecisive.
Pudney found the ball, but execution of skills was not very good, several times he broke the link of passages of excellent play.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:09 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:How did the reserves go?

Seconds killed them saw  score on Facebook

Reserves:
Eagles 14.14
Dogs    6.5

First 5 mins of game the Dogs absolutely dominated 2.0 to zip, the Eagles then upped the ante and played some very good skilful football, it was a pleasure to watch. Will Pearce kicked 5.0.....could be a star. Jack Wheare 4.2 and Jay Watson 2.1.
Apart from Pearce and Wheare, Jay Watson, Will Neuman, Oliver Siney and Natham Studham had their moments.

Must just mention again how impressed I was with the reserves. They were very skilful and played a very good team game and also at times ran very hard. The two oldest in the team would have been Connor McLeod and Nathan Studham at 22 yo.
Missing from the reserves that would enhance the team were: Lukas Cooke, Sam Nicholls, Charlie Adams and Deaken Jackson. The reserves might come up against more mature and experienced teams and get beaten but I think there could be a few "A" graders there.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:41 pm

Must just mention again how impressed I was with the reserves. They were very skilful and played a very good team game and also at times ran very hard. The two oldest in the team would have been Connor McLeod and Nathan Studham at 22 yo.
Missing from the reserves that would enhance the team were: Lukas Cooke, Sam Nicholls, Charlie Adams and Deaken Jackson. The reserves might come up against more mature and experienced teams and get beaten but I think there could be a few "A" graders there.  [/quote]

Indeed, thought the Reserves played quite a skilful fast running game and pleasing to see another crop of youngsters from the footy factory coming through. #54 Will Pearce looks a gun, looking forward to his game developing further this year and could be a good chance for league selection at some at stage. Jack Wheare did his job kicking 4 and his game has benefited from a strong pre season and he looks like a dangerous forward at times now. Jay Watson and Siney were also busy. League game was quite scrappy at times with Centrals playing the chippy indirect game which is synonymous with bottom sides. Mitch Hardie got plenty of the ball and Mutch was clearly BOG. Goal scoring could be our issue this year but very early days.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:10 am

The amazing thing about Jack Wheare and Will Pearce is that they are both lefties, very accurate and boot the ball a mile.
Let's hope that between Wheare, Pearce, Cooke, Lukac and Nicholls we might have some very good league forwards for the future.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Are the eagles playing this weekend?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:26 pm

wimpy wrote:The amazing thing about Jack Wheare and Will Pearce is that they are both lefties, very accurate and boot the ball a mile.
Let's hope that between Wheare, Pearce, Cooke, Lukac and Nicholls we might have some very good league forwards for the future.

I was thinking the Pearce you were talking about was the one that played Reserves last year, who I thought had potential. But I see I was thinking of Dale. Is Will his younger brother? I see they’re both named in the Reserves for the trial tomorrow.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:54 am

Aerie wrote:
wimpy wrote:The amazing thing about Jack Wheare and Will Pearce is that they are both lefties, very accurate and boot the ball a mile.

I was thinking the Pearce you were talking about was the one that played Reserves last year, who I thought had potential. But I see I was thinking of Dale. Is Will his younger brother? I see they’re both named in the Reserves for the trial tomorrow.

No relation.
Dale is son of Ricky Pearce who used to play for Norwood.
William Pearce comes from Paskeville.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:03 am

Running very, very thin on talls for tomorrows trial match. Hope they don't over use Redden. Also Sam Michael is missing from the reserves.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:05 am

Zac Phillips will get his chance to impress tomorrow.......
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:28 am

The Barton wrote:Zac Phillips will get his chance to impress tomorrow.......

I just looked him up 201 cm and 85 kg
That is tall
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Mickyj wrote:

That is tall

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
He has yet to show me anything at all.
I've watched him for four years.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:12 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

That is tall

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
He has yet to show me anything at all.
I've watched him for four years.

I was just looking him up to know who he was
Sheedy just trying out some young guys I guess
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:32 pm

No talls left standing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:52 pm

Eagles 7. 3
South 5. 2
Both sides playing fast attacking football.
Goldsworthy shone with 2-3 goals plus assists. encouraging. Menzels.
.Lehman the professional spoiler
Beat on out of middle early but came back
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:43 pm

South 3 pts up. 3x coast to coast goals. Their quick smalls in. 30 m in front goal carved us up. Some obvious deficiencies and if it wasn't just a trial, Sheedy would take them off. On 2nd thought, a few injuries and can't.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:17 pm

South very Impressive - c.f. Eagles, they're far pacier, cleaner skills and better movement patterns. Even with a full team (and we do have 4 certainties out) we would struggle.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:23 pm

Eagles 15.12
Panthers 16.8

MISSING: Ballenden, Cameron, Rowland, Firns, Toumpas, Guilhaus, Haylock and Mead.

Better Players: Duval, Lonergan, Goldy, Allmond, Beecken, Redden & Buck.

Just hope Goldy can get a little bit fitter and remain healthy, he was sensational in the first quarter with 3 goals and having a hand in 2 others. Looks like getting married has done wonders for Jesse.

Goalkickers: Goldy, D. Menzel 3, Williams, Comma 2, Lonergan, Mutch, Clarke, T. Menzel & Pudney.

Goldy and Lonergan were both very, very good in the first quarter.
Duval, I thought was our best player over four quarters.
Allmond played on the wing and didn't take any kick ins.
Mutch had a fair bit of the ball as did Pudney (much better game than last week.
Rowland was a late withdrawal. McFarlane injured his calf.
Beecken seemed to have a licence to break lines and took this to heart.
Overall I thought SA were a bit cleaner and more direct than the Eagles. Their height advantage killed us.
Our defence wasn't as clinical as usual, stuffed up a few plays and we had trouble stopping several of the Panthers attacks from half back to the forward area which resulted in goals.
The panthers display will certainly have them up in the top echelon.

RESERVES:
EAGLES  :      10.13
Panthers :        9.11

Will Pearce  3 (five last week)
Adam D'Aloia   2
Cooke  2
Dawkins 2
Siney  1
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:53 am

I always have trouble assessing trial games. Who knows what the players "attitude" is when the game has no real consequence. And it was HOT yesterday.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:04 am

Wimpy. Did Riley Knight play. Didn't see him mentioned in your summary. Clarke must have been quiet as well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:57 pm

goddy11 wrote:Wimpy. Did Riley Knight play. Didn't see him mentioned in your summary. Clarke must have been quiet as well.

Knight played, his first half was below average just seemed to be rusty, had missed the week before. Second half a little better.
Clarke improved on the week before but still needs to improve but we must remember he has been relocated at the last minute, must give him time.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2