Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm 6 th April

+3
Reddeer
Mickyj
Aerie
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm  6 th April  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm 6 th April

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
jenks31 wrote:Our kicking for goal and skills for the first 3 quarters cost us the game. 1 good quarter of football doesn’t help our cause. Petrenkos brain fade and Goldys 2 shockers were only part of it. Many more things could be pointed out

I still think many are over reacting, sometimes a team just has a bad day. I have a lot of confidence in Sam Lonergan. He is very thorough and extremely committed. The reserves have won 2 from 2 with a team of little known players, the club is slowly developing. The Eagles most probably don't have some high end stars like a few SANFL teams but our attitude and endeavour will win through. It's a little early to get off the horse yet. As Lonergan said the team was unbalanced because of the unavalibility of quite a few, after the way we played early our comeback was sensational. Also our U18's are 2 from 2 with several of their best players playing reserves or league.

I agree with you Wimpy. I was frustrated by disposal and shooting for goal. We also didn't get the umpiring rub of the green. The second half showed where we are at. I think Sharrod is back next week and PaddyG. Whats his issue?
His inclusion  might allow the Von into attack. His move there in the last 1/4 was good. The young lads into the side looked good.  Who was ruck in the B's. West was not up to it but should have had a mark/free in the goal square. He is certainly not like Bomber in the forwards. Apart from bounce ups a liability.
The loss of Hall was decisive.

Have we worked the new rules out yet especially the kick outs from goal..
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm  6 th April  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm 6 th April

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
jenks31 wrote:Our kicking for goal and skills for the first 3 quarters cost us the game. 1 good quarter of football doesn’t help our cause. Petrenkos brain fade and Goldys 2 shockers were only part of it. Many more things could be pointed out

I still think many are over reacting, sometimes a team just has a bad day. I have a lot of confidence in Sam Lonergan. He is very thorough and extremely committed. The reserves have won 2 from 2 with a team of little known players, the club is slowly developing. The Eagles most probably don't have some high end stars like a few SANFL teams but our attitude and endeavour will win through. It's a little early to get off the horse yet. As Lonergan said the team was unbalanced because of the unavalibility of quite a few, after the way we played early our comeback was sensational. Also our U18's are 2 from 2 with several of their best players playing reserves or league.

I agree with you Wimpy. I was frustrated by disposal and shooting for goal. We also didn't get the umpiring rub of the green. The second half showed where we are at. I think Sharrod is back next week and PaddyG. Whats his issue?
His inclusion  might allow the Von into attack. His move there in the last 1/4 was good. The young lads into the side looked good.  Who was ruck in the B's. West was not up to it but should have had a mark/free in the goal square. He is certainly not like Bomber in the forwards. Apart from bounce ups a liability.

Goddy player in seconds number 41 I think Michael . He was great around the ground very young . And number 57 was showing signs of getting there his name wasn’t in the budget
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks for that. The club website is poorly managed. In the past they had a fair bit of player info . It appears it may be linked to the SANFL website and this may be the reason for the lack of maintenance. They have player 41 as Sam Michael and 57 is named as Jamie Coff in the reserves list.

Michael had 14 possessions and 20 HO
Coff had 7 possessions for 3.0 goals. Not a bad return for amount of possession.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Goddy player in seconds number 41 I think Michael . He was great around the ground very young . And number 57 was showing signs of getting there his name wasn’t in the budget

Sam Michael was No 41. Was first ruck for the U18s premiership team last year. Did not play the first game, was not considered to be good enough!!!!!!!!!! Thought he played a very serviceable game, should be in the team each week. Unsure if Paddy will play next week, still think he might be a week away. If the Von plays up forward I would look at either Jackson Lee or Heinjus taking his defensive spot.
N. Hayes and Toumpas are outside chances.
West was very soft again, can't wait for Seb to come back. Sharrad and Firns will be big boosts in the grunt area.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm  6 th April  - Page 2 Injuri11

Last edited by goddy11 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 pm

goddy11 wrote:Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley oval 2.40 pm  6 th April  - Page 2 Injuri11

I wondered why we stopped seeing Hall
Many fans thought Boyd was injured from a hit early in the game

For some reason I can’t quote correctly
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Club medical says Lonergan to have a test. Does anyone know if the groin is what kept him out of trials.
Hayes , JT and PaddyG 1 more week. Give them the week and make sure their OK.
Hopefully Sharrad will be back.
Wimpy where was Firns.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Firnsy was suspended for 2 from the final trial game i believe, should be back this week.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Columbo wrote:Firnsy was suspended for 2 from the final trial game i believe, should be back this week.

Gee, Our players seem to always cop the big suspensions. The tribunal today gave fines to some player. We are a marked team.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2