Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May

2 posters

Go down

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May  Empty Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May

Post by Mickyj Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 am

Sturt v Eagles
Peter Motley Oval
Seconds 11.30
League 2.10
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May  Empty Re: Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May

Post by Mickyj Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Eagles ruckman Marc Borholm has taken longer than most to reach his 100th Macca’s League match milestone.

Starting with Sturt’s Under-17 side in 2004, Borholm has faced the challenging decision to switch SANFL clubs on two occasions before finding his niche at Oval Avenue.

In between playing with the Double Blues – the team he will face on Sunday at Peter Motley Oval – the 29-year-old spent four years at West Adelaide which yielded just 10 Macca’s League games as he battled to surpass Ryan Willits, Matthew Lobbe, Daniel Webb and Peter Nelson.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Borholm paid tribute to his Eagles coach Michael Godden, who continually backed him in to be the club’s No.1 ruckman.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May  Empty Re: Sturt v Eagles Peter Motley Oval 6 th May

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 03, 2018 4:57 pm

League
In – Goldsworthy, Lewis, Westbrook

I would like to see Boyd have a rest. That knee looked very bandaged. I hope they persist with Rowe.

Interesting in the U18 . They lose 7 from last week to college football.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 03, 2018 5:16 pm

goddy11 wrote:League
In – Goldsworthy, Lewis, Westbrook

I would like to see Boyd have a rest. That knee looked very bandaged. I hope they persist with Rowe.

Interesting in the U18 . They lose 7 from last week to college football.

I can't copy the teams yet
Noticed Rudolph in the seconds

Agree with your Boyd comments I'm sure I saw Gray get a heavy hit hopefully he is OK
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm

GLES
League
The Eagles have regained Matt Goldsworthy for the big clash with Sturt at Peter Motley Oval on Sunday.
The smooth-moving left-footer has recovered from a quad injury to be named in defence to face the Double Blues.
He has been joined by veteran midfielder Scott Lewis and utility Jake Westbrook, who have both been added to the 23-man squad.
Ruckman Marc Borholm will play his 100th Macca’s League match after making his debut with West Adelaide in 2009.

F: N. Hayes, Borholm, Lukosius
HF: J. Gaffney, J. Hayes, Sharrad
C: Hall, Poole, Haylock
HB: Rowland, Thompson, Stewart
B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, Von Bertouch

R: Redden, Boyd, Johansen
INT: Firns, Gray, Rowe, Westbrook, Lewis
IN: Lewis, Goldsworthy, Westbrook
OUT: Heinjus

Reserves
McLeod, Sheppard, Cook, Hawkins, Minney, Weidemann, Comitogianni, Schmusch, X.Redden, Smith, Martin, C.Gaffney, Miller, Moore, Lee, West, Guilhaus, Rudloff, Heinjus, W.McPherson.
Under-18
F: Pratico, Morris, McNeil
HF: Friend, Armfield, Passaniti
C: Burgoyne, Pudney, Beecken
HB: Smith, R. Bruce, Sibley
B: Brill, McNeilly, Hillard
R: Michael, Miller, Mead
INT: Carter, Coff, Francis, Nicholas, Thompson
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 06, 2018 1:53 pm

I will watch the game on digital today. Reserves draw with Sturt but notice Jimmy Rowe in there. 30 touches and 3 goals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Just a quick look at the list is Boyd and Rowe out.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just a quick look at the list is Boyd and Rowe out.

Yep Boyd Rowe out .
Goldsworthy and Lewis in
Seconds were in front all day kicked 7 goals first term
Sturt had a kick after the siren for point draw
Third quarter seconds major incident three players Seb for the Eagles two Sturt players one sturt player was having convulsions on the ground all players were screaming for help Eagles guys got there first before Sturt runners they eventually walked him off very distressing to see
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Great game today great win
We learnt from the loss to North
One main thing to learn not have redden on the bench and unable to get back on like the week before.
We closed Sturt down a lot forced them to make errors
Great win
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am

It was a great game from us to watch but you never get the same view watching on digital. I think the score flattered Sturt. Jack Hayes dominated the forward lines. He is developing well, just needs more consistency. Poole and Johansen were important linkmen. Surprise JJ never kicked any goals. He usually chips in for a couple. What I love best at the moment is our defence looks so comfortable and cohesive. Jack Firms is settling in well and its good to have the Von back there. Godden is smart playing Lukosius around the ground and not putting pressure onto him as a key forward. That will come.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:It was a great game from us to watch but you never get the same view watching on digital. I think the score flattered Sturt. Jack Hayes dominated the forward lines. He is developing well, just needs more consistency. Poole and Johansen were important linkmen. Surprise JJ never kicked any goals. He usually chips in for a couple. What I love best at the moment is our defence looks so comfortable and cohesive. Jack Firms is settling in well and its good to have the Von back there.  Godden is smart playing Lukosius around the ground and not putting pressure onto him as a key forward. That will come.

At the ground I think this game showed how much Haylock has grown thIs year .

Sturt I think our boys shut them down greatly a couple of goals due to better pace.
But overall the loss the week before taught us well.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Not related to the game. The 2 Eagles boys on house rules doing well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 09, 2018 6:27 pm

goddy11 wrote:Not related to the game. The 2 Eagles boys on house rules doing well.
The pup looked great running laps at Unley
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down