Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

+3
Mara32
Columbo
Mickyj
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 am

Sturt v Eagles
Tuesday 25 April
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

The GF rematch and a game on normal time .
Go Eagles
Any clues yet changes
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Columbo Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 pm

I would have expected a 12.01 start for the 2's and 2.40 or 2.45 start for the league.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Columbo wrote:I would have expected a 12.01 start for the 2's and 2.40 or 2.45 start for the league.

yeah Columbo im waiting to hear exactly the game times i saw these on another site
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Gaffney suspended for 1 match... so definitely 1 Change.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 pm

i have messaged the club on facebook reply was seconds 11,25 and league 2,10
Waiting to hear back if its correct for an anzac day match
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Mara32 wrote:Gaffney suspended for 1 match... so definitely 1 Change.

bugger
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Mara32 wrote:Gaffney suspended for 1 match... so definitely 1 Change.

Challenged and was unsuccessful and will now miss 2 according to SANFL website
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Team list but Gaffney must be an out
With the senior team not playing until Tuesday, Senior Coach Michael Godden has named an extended 26 man squad. Captain Pat Giuffreda is named to play his first game of the season while Cameron Giles and Daniel Minney are in line to play their first League games if they survive the final cull.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

So now Gaffney IS available after a second appeal tonight... His 2 match ban overturned.

Bit confused as to how this happened, but we'll take it!
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 am

Yeah that was a poor report even the AFL would have laughed at that one...just an accidental football collision
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 am

Mara32 wrote:So now Gaffney IS available after a second appeal tonight... His 2 match ban overturned.

Bit confused as to how this happened, but we'll take it!

Nice to wake up to on a Friday morning thanks Mara32
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm

think the wording in the article on SANFL site was a bit confusing re Gaff.

Base sanction was 2, Early plea was 1.
He didnt take early plea.
Went to tribunal, found guilty, they said 2 games.
Appeals tribunal overturned the suspension.
Free to play. Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval 28327
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 am

Watched his brother Cooper Gaffney play yesterday in the U18s - a quieter game from him but, from reports, has been very good in other games. Stephen Rowe's lad James Rowe was instrumental especially in the close last quarter - moves like his father. I guess he will have the option of transferring to Norwood under the Father-Son rule but hopefully, with his Henley mates around him, he will stay, unlike Fulham and Eagles junior James Aish.
Again, disappointing to see North Adelaide's U18s two very tall ruckmen towering over our lads. In the Eagles U16s, Osborn 193cm ruckman (with time to grow!) impressive. Names like Pickett, Burgoyne, Pedler, Rowe, Weideman, Lukosius appearing on our team lists make it interesting. Both our U18s and U16s teams played very good team football to win both games and counter the individual North key players - seems like we have the same style of fast footy running through all Eagles teams.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Re J Rowe, Is the F/S rule still applicable even though he is in our U18?
I'm interested in Andrew McPherson in the reserves. He's being touted as a high draft pick this year.
As far as ruckmen go I am not concerned us being light on. If we have a player in our side just for tapping duties, I see no benefits. The modern ruckman needs to do a lot of work around the ground.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Goddy,
These 197cm plus U18 ruckmen of North Adelaide's were giving armchair take-aways to their midfielders AND clunking big pack marks around the ground /full forward AND setting up plays with tap-ons. The only reason, Goddy, for you not to wish them in an Eagle's guernsey is that hopefully, they might be drafted and North won't have them for long.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:15 pm

I will be using my digital pass to watch this game. Cant make it to match. Hope it works on laptop. Has anyone seen it working?
I'm worried about Sturts poor form. Nothing worse than playing a side on the ropes. Ask WCE against Hawthorne.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am

Went and watched the U16s anf U18s on Saturday. I agree with "Premiers", Goddy,
the Eagles football club is totally undermanned in the tall department, we just have to find some talls.
The U16s rested quite a few players to give others a go as they only play 7 minor round games. "Premiers" you also forgot to mention the name "Mead". Darren's two sons play, U16 & U18. The U16 one Jackson looks like a very good player. In the U16s, I was very impressed with Kysaiah Pickett, unsure if he is son or nephew of Byron. Although only 15yo his skills and vision were sensational. Also liked the look of Trent Burgoyne, Peter's son. Jamie Coff a 193 cm ruckman/forward from Salisbury North played well and kicked 3 goals. It's hard to get used to seeing players from Salisbury North, Rosewater, North Haven, Portland and Port Districts playing for the Eagles.
Was taken by surprise when watching the U16s match that field umpires became boundary umpires and boundary umpires became field umpires during the match. Six umpires took place in this rotation. I thought the experiment failed because the boundary throw ins were mainly poor and the quality of field umpire decisions were
inconsistent and nit picking, felt sorry for the players having to cope with this rubbish. Let the BEST field umpires be field umpires.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Good summary and feedback Wimpy. I never watch the juniors and arrive late for the reserves so I have no real idea what's coming through until they get promoted or I read the stats. Its good to getting info on players. From my armchair I always consider our junior programs and talent identification second to none.
Name wise we have impressive players in the group mentioned. How us young Connor McLeod going? A few Woodville and Torrens names in the squads as well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Interesting tomorrow to see how The Eagles manage the small ground of Unley after the big decks of Elizabeth and Woodville where we have been able to run opposition off their feet with space to work the ball. Tomorrow, with there likely to be more one -on-one marking duels and big pack marking, Mick Godden might go taller - if so, the "small/smalls" that get cut will be unlucky

Very important game because the Eagles 2 wins haven't been against any of the heavy-weights.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 pm

From the sanfl page

Sturt will battle the Eagles for the ANZAC Cup to wrap up Round 3 of the SANFL Macca’s League.

2:10pm Pre-match Remembrance Service
2:15pm Sturt v Eagles
FREE ENTRY upon presentation of a valid membership card for all current and returned Servicemen and Servicewomen, and RSL members.
Adults $14, Concession $8, Under 18 Free

SANFL is proudly supporting the RSL’s ANZAC Appeal this ANZAC Round.
League

F: McGregor, Wundke, Gaffney

HF: Whittlesea, J. Hayes, Comitogianni

C: N. Hayes, Allmond, Johansen

HB: Lewis, Stewart, Petrenko

B: Sinor, Thompson, Goldsworthy

R: Borholm, Poole, Boyd

INT: Giles, Hall, Rowland, Giuffreda, Woods

IN: Guiddreda, Giles

Eagles co-captain Pat Giuffreda will be put through a fitness test to determine if he will play against Sturt on Anzac Day.

The resolute defender is still overcoming a corked calf suffered in the trial match series but has been named in a 26-man squad
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

C Giles is reserves. Patrick G may still be out with injury.

Just looking at Eagles website in the players Stats. Interesting. Must be a Collingwood 6 footer.

#13 – MARC BORHOLM

Height (cm): 180
Weight (kg): 80
Total Games: 81
Total Goals: 37
Eagles Debut – Round 1 – 30/3/2013
Recruited From: West Adelaide
Sponsored by:
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Lucky to win today but I will take it. Sturt were poor and inaccurate. Loved the live steam onto my TV.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 pm

That's 2 matches out of 3 (Centrals and Sturt) where we were fortunate the opposition kicked badly from set shots. Plus, Tom Whittlesea, who played his best game for the Eagles today, is a poor set shot for goal but slotted 3. Could be said that if we couldn't beat Sturt without midfielders Battersby and Riley, then we wouldn't have a chance later in the season so it was good to get the job done.
Thought Petrenko was best but Thompson and Stewart were very good. Hope Lachie McGregor's injury isn't bad.

Watched the Seconds today and didn't see any standout performances that would excite the league selectors, particularly the form of Cam Giles and Jordan West. Rowntree had some good moments but obviously a little behind in match fitness. Thought No. 40, ginger brown dreadlocks (like Collingwood's Weymouth of yesteryear), was very good for the first 3 Q, energetic, tough, clean skills as a HF flanker.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:29 pm

When the game was on the line today one team stood up and got the job done, it wasn't them.
Not much of a spectacle once the drizzle set in but I'll take it and move on especially considering Loccy was off for most of the game.
Well done to Bomber today, did some good stuff around the ground and probably ended up winning the hitouts.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 pm

Columbo wrote:When the game was on the line today one team stood up and got the job done, it wasn't them.
Not much of a spectacle once the drizzle set in but I'll take it and move on especially considering Loccy was off for most of the game.
Well done to Bomber today, did some good stuff around the ground and probably ended up winning the hitouts.

Good point about Bomber. He beat a taller opponent. Has been good for this club. Whoever recruited him needs a pat on the back.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next