Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

+3
Mara32
Columbo
Mickyj
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:51 am

I did post yesterday . But somehow it didnt get on here lol .
I was there it was a hard slog .
Eagles played ok in the seconds
And we played ok in conditions that changed .
Sturt 1 goal 16 after 1/4 time
Im still not sure how we won that game .
while Sturt missed goals to the northern end the Eagles kicked straight .
And Poole won the medal he played great
Ex Eagle players for sturt appeared to try roughing our guys up didnt work . Sumner was being watched closely by one umpire and was pulled up at least once for his tactics and Macmahnn on Wundke in the first term could well have been a report for head high contact .
Macgregor any clue on his injury
before i forget who was coaching the seconds yesterday Watkins or Hiradia spelling sorry.
Seconds must have had injuries after the west game number 12 was brought in after playing under 18s saturday gald he was brought up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3: Sturt v Eagles - Tuesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 am

goddy11 wrote:
Columbo wrote:When the game was on the line today one team stood up and got the job done, it wasn't them.
Not much of a spectacle once the drizzle set in but I'll take it and move on especially considering Loccy was off for most of the game.
Well done to Bomber today, did some good stuff around the ground and probably ended up winning the hitouts.

Good point about Bomber. He beat a taller opponent. Has been good for this club. Whoever recruited him needs a pat on the back.

I think wests last coach needs a pat on his back for treating Bomber the way he did
great Eagles club man
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:57 am

Columbo wrote:When the game was on the line today one team stood up and got the job done, it wasn't them.
Not much of a spectacle once the drizzle set in but I'll take it and move on especially considering Loccy was off for most of the game.
Well done to Bomber today, did some good stuff around the ground and probably ended up winning the hitouts.

Sturts Ruckman had size on Bomber but that worked against sturt his conditioning was not as good as bombers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am

Congrats to Angus Poole on winning the Anzac Day Medal.  Good to see him getting more recognition and he would rate amongst the toughest in-and-under players in the SANFL.

Goddy, re your comment "....... whoever recruited him needs a pat on the back", (from an article a few years ago), no-one recruited him - it was Bomber who was looking for more opportunity. Firstly, he was languishing in Westies seconds, so asked for a clearance to Sturt but again, in their Seconds, he couldn't see a future, so looked around and chose the Eagles. An example of someone who had confidence in his ability and was prepared to back himself. Batley to Westies is trying the same and can't knock that.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Some-one at the Eagles must have seen something in him to give him a chance. He may have just asked for a trial but to take on a player with "reserves only" credentials in a side like West that is not a regular finals team, must have had some insight in his potential. Whatever it was an inspired. He will get his 100 games this year and kicks a few goals. Together with Wundke, probably the best kicks for goal in our side.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm

goddy11 wrote:Some-one at the Eagles must have seen something in him to give him a chance. He may have just asked for a trial but to take on a player with "reserves only" credentials in a side like West that is not a regular finals team, must have had some insight in his potential. Whatever it was an inspired. He will get his 100 games this year and kicks a few goals. Together with Wundke, probably the best kicks for goal in our side.

I actually heard what happened from bombers parents i wont repeat what was told to me out of respect.
Much of what Premiers said is true
there is a little more but not my place to say

Honestly we as a club were very lucky to get Bomber Lewis and all the others who came and helped improve our team .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Damn, no game this week. I might do something like I have never done and go to Prospect to watch the U18's. Anyone know the times.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:57 pm

My bad. I did not scroll down far enough. I think its Sturt. Not going. Too far away for me.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 pm

For all Eagles "tragics", if you haven't been before, I thoroughly recommend tomorrow going out to watch the U!8s U16s at Unley against Sturt (follows a different program from League of course without Crows/Power). You will enjoy it!

Good brand of footy. Printed player list/numbers available from food outlet at the ground. Interesting names/players like Burgoyne, Mead, Pedler, James Rowe, Schwartz, Lukosius, Weidermann, Gaffney in Eagles colours, either sons or brothers or nephews of previous players. In the pre-season trial, there was even a Wanganeen from Salisbury playing although haven't seen his name recently.

So record tomorrow's AFL?SANFL, watch it later but get out and have a good time supporting the boys at Unley. (free and free grandstand cover if it rains).
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks premiers. Times? Schwartz is he related to Alan.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Goddy,
U16s 11.50am
U18s 2.10pm

My typo error. Is spelt "Schwarz"' Plays CHB in U18s.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Goddy,
U16s 11.50am
U18s 2.10pm

My typo error. Is spelt "Schwarz"' Plays CHB in U18s.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:15 pm

That Schwarz is not another son of Peter is it?
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Glad I did not go so far. U16 hammered by 22 goals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Goddy, it got worse before it got better, much better. Eagles U18s 4 goals down in the first quarter but I hung in there and we hit the lead in the second Q and maintained it for the entire game running out victors by approx. 8 points in a very entertaining match.

Jack Lukosius, only 16.5 years old 193cm, quick, key forward, good skills was outstanding up forward. I understand that he's in the State squad and certainly looks AFL draft material.

Many of our smaller players played well but Jake Weidemann is eye-catching with his penetrating kicking (not as good as his father) and strong presence.

Wouldn't worry with the big defeat in the U16s. The side gets changed each week with the objective to test as many players in Eagles jumpers to sort them out for the future. If you win an U16 Premiership in the process, it's an accident! So many country lads in the team, ? how often can they get down to train, Must be hard for the coach to set up game plans.
Anyway, good distraction. Now back to the real thing of Eagles vs Crows next week.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:17 am

sorry i havent put the next round up yet against adelaide
just waiting to see if anything is programmed before the league game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 01, 2017 9:57 am

Mickyj wrote:sorry i havent put the next round up yet against adelaide

Your a bad man Mickyj. You might get the sack if this continues. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon May 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Watching with interest the form of former WWT Malcolm Karpany (AFL West Coast) playing in the WAFL for West Coast's affiliate team East Perth. He is now in his 3rd or 4th season with West Coast and hasn't managed an AFL game in that time. Reading his form in the WAFL this season, his form hasn't suggested that he's going to be promoted soon. Hopefully for him, he can crack some form and avoid delisting. He can always find a home at the WWT Eagles - there is a Karpany playing for Westies so hopefully he doesn't return and join him at Westies.
Also Cameron Sutcliffe (Fremantle) was dropped (to Peel Thunder) 2 weeks ago but got 36 disposals on Saturday so set for a recall.
Dunstan (St Kilda) was also dropped last week but being young (and good) would expect him to regain his spot.
But the other interesting one is Jimmy Toumpas.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 01, 2017 6:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:sorry i havent put the next round up yet against adelaide

Your a bad man Mickyj. You might get the sack if this continues. Very Happy

lol if you knew where i was today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Premiers wrote:Watching with interest the form of former WWT Malcolm Karpany (AFL West Coast) playing in the WAFL for West Coast's affiliate team East Perth. He is now in his 3rd or 4th season with West Coast and hasn't managed an AFL game in that time. Reading his form in the WAFL this season, his form hasn't suggested that he's going to be promoted soon. Hopefully for him, he can crack some  form and avoid delisting. He can always find a home at the WWT Eagles -  there is a Karpany playing for Westies so hopefully he doesn't return and join him at Westies.
Also Cameron Sutcliffe (Fremantle) was dropped (to Peel Thunder) 2 weeks ago but got 36 disposals on Saturday so set for a recall.
Dunstan (St Kilda) was also dropped last week but being young (and good) would expect him to regain his spot.

Does make you wonder if theyll come home to the eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Premiers wrote:Watching with interest the form of former WWT Malcolm Karpany (AFL West Coast) playing in the WAFL for West Coast's affiliate team East Perth. He is now in his 3rd or 4th season with West Coast and hasn't managed an AFL game in that time. Reading his form in the WAFL this season, his form hasn't suggested that he's going to be promoted soon. Hopefully for him, he can crack some  form and avoid delisting. He can always find a home at the WWT Eagles -  there is a Karpany playing for Westies so hopefully he doesn't return and join him at Westies.

I would have them all back. I think Jimmy T would thrive under Godden like he did before. AFL was one step too far at the time plus the pressure of high draft pick was too much. He's not the first player destroyed by Melbourne.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 am

goddy11 wrote:

I would have them all back. I think Jimmy T would thrive under Godden like he did before. AFL was one step too far at the time plus the pressure of high draft pick was too much. He's not the first player destroyed by Melbourne.

Is Toumpas injured havent heard anything on him this year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 am

Jimmy Toumpas has had some good stats this year according to Phil Herdon's talking football stats. High in possession, not sure of quality.
http://sanfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-Rd-5.pdf
We seem a bit down in them but we have only played 3 matches
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 04, 2017 10:56 am

goddy11 wrote:Jimmy Toumpas has had some good stats this year according to Phil Herdon's  talking football stats. High in possession, not sure of quality.
http://sanfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-Rd-5.pdf
We seem a bit down in them but we have only played 3 matches

thanks for that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2