thanks
mick
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

trial game teams  Empty Re: trial game teams

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:11 pm

WWTFC making it hard for you. I don't know how to past an image.
Some interesting first up selections.

Jake Weideman, Ben Nason, Nick Moore, Ryan Bruce,

Ryan Bruce...anyone know anything about him. Our website has no player details.

Jamison House in the 2's. As well as Rowe and Jake C.  

We have too many smalls.

Interesting to see a Godden in the 16's. Relation ???

Some unknown names in the 2's.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:WWTFC making it hard for you. I don't know how to past an image.
Some interesting first up selections.

Jake Weideman, Ben Nason, Nick Moore, Ryan Bruce,

Ryan Bruce...anyone know anything about him. Our website has no player details.

Jamison House in the 2's. As well as Rowe and Jake C.  

We have too many smalls.

Interesting to see a Godden in the 16's. Relation ???

Some unknown names in the 2's.

Just got the email up Bruce More and Weidemann strong showing in preseason.
I think Bruce is a tall junior well a junior at least 
Email also says under 18s in the seconds some famous names like Godden Picket coming through
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 pm

trial game teams  Trial_12
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Not seeing Jesse Lonergan in the teams. Anyone know, Injured?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:29 am

Anyone at the game last night. trial game or not a disappointing result. Any summaries?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 am

goddy11 wrote:Anyone at the game last night. trial game or not a disappointing result. Any summaries?

My thoughts as well I've seen the score we had more shots on goal .
But it's just a trial game .

Wimpy were you there last night ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Was quite disappointed with last nights showing.
WWT  11 . 14
CD      15 . 7
Expected to see a brand new shiny Rolls Royce, but not to be.
Could not tell the game plan, it just looked like what we have seen before. Bash the ball forward and hope for a score. We get the ball to the centre line and don't move it quickly or take chances.
Eight on the interchange bench didn't help players settle down (Lee and Westbrook didn't play reserves, played league).
Skill level was poor and we lacked line breaking pace. Centrals outran us, some of their run from the back line slaughtered us.
Got out marked all over the ground. I don't want to be too cruel on Ryan Bruce but in my opinion he is not really the type of player we should be looking at, too slow not athletic enough.
Better players were: Hall, Boyd, and Petrenko. Young Weeds did some good things.

The reserves were definitely the highlight.
WWT  4 . 4  9 . 4  15 . 8  17 . 12
CD      2 . 0  7 . 1   8 . 3   8  .  4
Last quarter only went for 14 minutes.

Jacob Wehr was clearly BOG, his running and penetrating kicking were devastating.
An unknown, Ryan Langcake was very good, kicked 3 . 3. He appeared to be a more mature recruit. One of our SANFL/AFL academy players Lachy McNeil was excellent. Jackson Mead and Isaac Brill were also very good. 19 Y.O. Grady Armfield (6" 3") from Clare played at F/F and part time ruck looked very promising kicked 3 . 1. Has a very long left foot kick. Connor McLeod looked very good, has a beautiful kick and seems to have progressed considerably from last season. Kysaiah Pickett was all fluff and no substance. Jamieson House a recruit from Tas. was a little disappointing but need to see more of him. Overall the reserves played a very good team game and ran very hard.

Maybe I was expecting too much for their first hit out under a new coach, it will take time to get used to his coaching and the style of game he wants played. He must start to settle players in positions he expects them to play. Thompson - slight driver, Jimmy T. - ankle clean out and Jesse Lonergan - hammy did not play.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:41 pm

wimpy wrote:Was quite disappointed with last nights showing.
WWT  11 . 14
CD      15 . 7
Expected to see a brand new shiny Rolls Royce, but not to be.
Could not tell the game plan, it just looked like what we have seen before. Bash the ball forward and hope for a score. We get the ball to the centre line and don't move it quickly or take chances.
Eight on the interchange bench didn't help players settle down (Lee and Westbrook didn't play reserves, played league).
Skill level was poor and we lacked line breaking pace. Centrals outran us, some of their run from the back line slaughtered us.
Got out marked all over the ground. I don't want to be too cruel on Ryan Bruce but in my opinion he is not really the type of player we should be looking at, too slow not athletic enough.
Better players were: Hall, Boyd, and Petrenko. Young Weeds did some good things.

The reserves were definitely the highlight.
WWT  4 . 4  9 . 4  15 . 8  17 . 12
CD      2 . 0  7 . 1   8 . 3   8  .  4
Last quarter only went for 14 minutes.

Jacob Wehr was clearly BOG, his running and penetrating kicking were devastating.
An unknown, Ryan Langcake was very good, kicked 3 . 3. He appeared to be a more mature recruit. One of our SANFL/AFL academy players Lachy McNeil was excellent. Jackson Mead and Isaac Brill were also very good. 19 Y.O. Grady Armfield (6" 3") from Clare played at F/F and part time ruck looked very promising kicked 3 . 1. Has a very long left foot kick. Connor McLeod looked very good, has a beautiful kick and seems to have progressed considerably from last season. Kysaiah Pickett was all fluff and no substance. Jamieson House a recruit from Tas. was a little disappointing but need to see more of him. Overall the reserves played a very good team game and ran very hard.

Maybe I was expecting too much for their first hit out under a new coach, it will take time to get used to his coaching and the style of game he wants played. He must start to settle players in positions he expects them to play. Thompson - slight driver, Jimmy T. - ankle clean out and Jesse Lonergan - hammy did not play.
Thanks wimpy
I hope we improve
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Mickyj wrote:Ryan Langcake  I've goggled I've found one who played in the Riverland and one who played at Lockleys could be the same player 
Is that print for us that need reading glasses.  Smile Smile 

Wimpy thanks for the report. I was sort of expecting that, new coach and all. Surprised the scores were close. Elizabeth Oval finds a lot of side out. Lets hope we learn somethings before the season proper.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Ryan Langcake  I've goggled I've found one who played in the Riverland and one who played at Lockleys could be the same player 
Is that print for us that need reading glasses.  Smile Smile 

Wimpy thanks for the report. I was sort of expecting that, new coach and all. Surprised the scores were close. Elizabeth Oval finds a lot of side out. Lets hope we learn somethings before the season proper.
Looked normal for me now looks big damn iPhones
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Goddy I'll try again lol
Ryan Langcake I can find him mentioned twice on Google 
Once in the Riverland 
Once for lockleys
Could be him
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Wimpy this Ryan Bruce you mentioned is he from country Victoria ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:44 pm

No, Ryan Bruce is one of our juniors from last years premiership side.
He comes from the RSMU Hawks, is only 18.
In my previous post I mentioned Grady Armfield he only turned 19 on 28/2/2019.
Nine from our premiership team last season played in the reserves or league last night.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:47 pm

wimpy wrote:No, Ryan Bruce is one of our juniors from last years premiership side.
He comes from the RSMU Hawks, is only 18.
In my previous post I mentioned Grady Armfield he only turned 19 on 28/2/2019.
Nine from our premiership team last season played in the reserves or league last night.

Thanks for that Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 pm

How did the U18 go.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:How did the U18 go.
Not a word of a mention so if you read between the lines I reckon they weren't that flash.
Plenty of reports on the U16 coming from behind to win so obviously the U18 had nothing to write home about. Once again the supporters are kept in the dark!!!
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Reddeer wrote:
goddy11 wrote:How did the U18 go.
Not a word of a mention so if you read between the lines I reckon they weren't that flash.
Plenty of reports on the U16 coming from behind to win so obviously the U18 had nothing to write home about. Once again the supporters are kept in the dark!!!

Actually the under 18s won iirc
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Our men's teams venture out to Coopers Stadium over the weekend with the senior teams playing their second trial Friday night. The underage sides head to the parade on Sunday with the Under 16's looking to continue the momentum from their Round 1 come from behind win.

Seems we are playing a lot of young players and just Redden to ruck .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Mickyj wrote:Our men's teams venture out to Coopers Stadium over the weekend with the senior teams playing their second trial Friday night. The underage sides head to the parade on Sunday with the Under 16's looking to continue the momentum from their Round 1 come from behind win.

Seems we are playing a lot of young players and just Redden to ruck .
trial game teams  Team_v10
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 pm

WWT  5.4  7.6  12.11  15.13
Norw  4.2  10.8  12.10  15.14

Goals: N Hayes 6, J Rowe 3, J Hayes 2, Hall, Sharrad, Nason, Weidemann 1.

J Hayes missed two sitters and Hally one. Three fluffed kick ins resulted in three kicks over our defences heads for goals.
Good first quarter, very bad second quarter. Second half good.
Missing: Toumpas, Lonergan, Thompson, Sinor, Johansen, Giuffreda, Lewis (parental leave) Guilhaus (Darwin G/F on Sat.)

Jack Firns was second ruck.

Couldn't stop Norwood's run in second quarter. Second half tackled much better and got a few defensive systems working.
Led by 13 points with 4 minutes to go, but two uncontested centre clearances by Norwood resulted in goals and a subsequent loss.
Better Players: N. Hayes, Hall, Boyd, Petrenko, J. Hayes, Foote, Goldsworthy, Von Bertouch. Special mention to young Weeds, did a couple of nice things. Luey Sharrad made a couple of very good tough plays and also kicked a left foot goal.

Reserves beaten by 30 points, quite a few missing. Comma played well as did Mead, West and McNeil. Again Connor McLeod looked alright up forward (1.3).
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am

Thanks Wimpy. Great report. That's a lot of quality players to come back. The result means nothing(a win is better) as long as the system and play is ok. The response after half time shows a little reaction to how the game is going. I suppose Norwood was not at full strength. How was J House in the reserves?
I always close my eyes when J Hayes has a shot at goals. He has good ball getting ability but accuracy needs improving. Will Nason make it. I don't see him as a plus. Time will tell.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:57 am

Jamieson House has a long way to go. Kicked two goals, after watching him play two games I'm having trouble determining what his strengths are, doubt he will play league this year.
Nason just not good enough had very few touches although he did kick a goal, not in my best twenty two. Jack Hayes took some strong and brilliant marks but for someone with good strength his kicking is feeble, just doesn't seem to time the connection sweetly. Nick Hayes kicked 4 first quarter goals, should have been 5 but had an airy on the goal line. First half we couldn't find enough players to kick goals. Starting to think Jimmy Rowe might have to be looked at as a small forward always manages to kick a few goals, 3 tonight. Haylock was played as a high forward this seems to stifle his goal kicking strength. After watching Jake Weeds in his two league trial matches I'm not giving up hope on him, did some nice things and there could be a future.
Connor McLeod has made a significant improvement on last year, definitely finds more of the ball.
Kysaiah Pickett was out of his depth hardly got a touch. Jamie Coff played in the reserves but struggled, a fair way to go yet.
Had a chat to Jimmy T. and he said he was 5-6 weeks a way after his ankle clean out. Thompson and Lonergan are possibilities to play next Saturday.
It will take time to get used to the new coach but the improvement from the week before was encouraging.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:45 am

great report Wimpy 
Seems like we are improving .
It's only a trial game with good players out so more improvements are on the cards .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for the report Wimpy We don't get any reports or details on the trial games anywhere otherwise
Did you by some chance record quarter by quarter scores for the Centrals game and goal kickers?
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next