Admin

Back to top Go down

trial game Feb 6 Empty Re: trial game Feb 6

Post by Mickyj Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm

SANFL News
05 FEB 2015
WEST V EAGLES TRIAL SQUADS
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

West Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens have agreed to play their full-strength line-ups during the first half of Friday night’s trial match at City Mazda Stadium.

Bloods coach Mark Mickan and Eagles mentor Michael Godden, who both worked together previously at Glenelg, will have the majority of their league players take the field from 6.30pm before the main break.

Godden confirmed star recruits Jared Petrenko, Luke Thompson and Fraser Thurlow would all appear for the Eagles while former Magpie Aseri Raikiwasa will don the club’s tri-colours for the first time.

Inexperienced pair Alby Dunstan and Tom Schwarz are expected to be given an opportunity in league company while 2014 SA Under-18 squad member Jack Gaffney will also get a chance to mix it with the big boys.

‘’Alby has played a little bit of league footy but he is in the fight for a key position spot so we will give him a go (in the first half),’’ Godden said.

‘’Tom Schwarz, who didn’t get to play a lot of league footy last year, will get a crack in the midfield and young Jack Gaffney will get a look in the first half as well just to see how he copes with the added pressure.

‘’We’re very keen for the players to have a break from playing against each other in the internal trials which we play so it will be nice to play against an opposition which doesn’t know what we are doing. Hopefully we learn a lot from it.’’

Seeking to rise up the ladder after finishing ninth last year, West has named an equally strong line-up featuring former Crow Jason Porplyzia, and ex-Richmond utility Brad Helbig, both of whom have returned after playing in the AFL.

Impressive NT Thunder recruit Errin Wasley-Black is expected to catch the eye with his impressive left-foot kick while former Bloods bigman Ryan Willits will wear the red and black for the first time since the 2012 Grand Final.

Key forward Daniel Webb, who underwent multiple surgeries this off-season, and utility Andrew Hayes (hamstring) will miss the early trial match with injury but are expected to push for selection in the Bloods’ next hit-out against Sturt on March 20.

Entry to the trial match, which will be played across four 30-minute quarters, is free with the Bloods’ famous barbecue also in operation. West fans will also have the opportunity to purchase memberships and merchandise.

WEST ADELAIDE v WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS
City Mazda Stadium, Friday 6.30pm
Entry is free

WEST ADELAIDE SQUAD
Taite Silverlock
Chris Schmidt
Brad Helbig
Adam Hartlett
Travis Tuck
Aaron Fielke
Kane Stevens
Corey Solly
Jonathan Beech
Logan Hill
Ryan Willits
Jason Porplyzia
Shannon Green
Simon Wong
Tom Keough
Richard Newell
Dustin Head
Errin Wasley-Black
Aaron Anderson
Phil Hopton
Riley Milne
Campbell Smith
Jesse Watchman
Nick Homburg
Will Snelling
Peter Nelson
Josh Schiller
Lachie Jennings
Harry Vick
Eric Izbicki
Nick Favretto
Hugh Haysman
Ryan Dijksman
Tom Fitzpatrick
Aaron Francis
Oliver Johnson
Tristan Geehman
Alex Scott
Blake Harris
Jack Evans
Riley Bonner
Nick Westhoff
Chris Burgess
Kale Trussell
Patrick Barrett
Brett Turner
Harrison Westhoff

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS SQUAD
Andrew Ainger
Angus Aldenhoven
Matthew Appleton
Izzy Blumson
Marc Borholm
James Boyd
Alby Dunstan
Tom Elfenbein
Giles Ellis
Jack Elsworthy
Jack Enright
Jack Gaffney
Patrick Giuffreda
Matthew Goldsworthy
Jack Hayes
Nick Hayes
Ethan Haylock
Joe Heinjus
Luke Jarrad
Scott Lewis
Caleb Lloyd
Sam Martyn
Daniel Minney
Dillon Mullins
Jared Petrenko
Angus Poole
Jackson Press
Aseri Raikiwasa
Phil Raymond
Matthew Raymond
Sam Rowland
Angus Rowntree
Tom Schwarz
Jake Summerton
Jacob Templeton
Luke Thompson
Fraser Thurlow
Paul Ventura
Jake von Bertouch
Jake Westbrook
Tom Whittlesea
Rhys Woods
Michael Wundke
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:02 pm

So, how did we look, accepting scores didn't mean anything? Any players emerge from the pack as big improvers?

Anyone go? A report would be appreciated - about 2 pages would be fine.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 pm

In a nutshell, first half with majority league players was fairly uninspiring... defence looked solid, but we were terrible moving into the forward line. Great to see Rowntree back in and under packs and Hayes showed glimpses that he could be an elite player this year.

Thurlow needs work... big unit, but looked slow. I'm sure he'll improve.

Take into account it was 37d and it was more about structures... I don't think either side would use their full bag of tricks, particularly given they play each other in Round 1.

The kids in the second half had a bit more energy about them, and basically were just too good for the West team on the park.

Not sure if it's common knowledge, but Byron Sumner has decided to take the year off at this stage - may return late season.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Mara32 wrote:In a nutshell, first half with majority league players was fairly uninspiring... defence looked solid, but we were terrible moving into the forward line. Great to see Rowntree back in and under packs and Hayes showed glimpses that he could be an elite player this year.

Thurlow needs work... big unit, but looked slow. I'm sure he'll improve.

Take into account it was 37d and it was more about structures... I don't think either side would use their full bag of tricks, particularly given they play each other in Round 1.

The kids in the second half had a bit more energy about them, and basically were just too good for the West team on the park.

Not sure if it's common knowledge, but Byron Sumner has decided to take the year off at this stage - may return late season.

Was told Sumners up with his brother !!
Also we had a couple of players out with minor injuries

Concur at times the first two quarters which was mainly league players . Eagles seemed unable to move the ball from defence to attack . Rowntree we missed him last year he was so far above the rest friday night ball skills wise looked cool as a cucumber in the 37 c heat !!
Agree about the new ruckman . at times the new recruit from port "bobby" looked great as did luke thompson

Second half was mainly seconds players with lewis and ainger playing . Younger players took to the new game plan like ducks to water were fast went direct and kicked goals !!

West kicked crap and flooded in four quarters at half time the seconds side played a mini game warming up

Now another month until another game bugger
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Give it was a pointless game I assume the courageous Ainger kicked a few?
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Dobber wrote:Give it was a pointless game I assume the courageous Ainger kicked a few?

dont think so
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Dobber wrote:Give it was a pointless game I assume the courageous Ainger kicked a few?

dont think so

I am wondering if "Dobber" is a supporter of the club or a intruders troll?
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:20 am

I reckon Dobber is Ron Fuller.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

dont think so

I am wondering if "Dobber" is a supporter of the club or a intruders troll?

ive deleted a few of posts keeping an eye on him lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Mara32 wrote:I reckon Dobber is Ron Fuller.

if he was he'd be too good to talk to us mere mortal fans hahaha
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down