Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North

4 posters

Go down

Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North Empty Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Last trial before the season
Reserves 5 pm
League 7.40

Thats the time on the Eagles page hopefully it wont change late so we know the right time
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North Empty Re: Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:44 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has named a strong-looking line-up to confront North at Thebarton Oval on Friday night.
Star trio Luke Thompson, Matthew Goldsworthy and Michael Wundke have all been promoted after building match fitness in the Reserves last weekend.
Classy Nick Yarran will get another chance to impress at League level while fringe players from last year - Giles Ellis, Joe Sinor and Matt Appleton – will look to continue their impressive pre-season form to stake their claim for Round 1.

League
Jarrad, O’Brien, Petrenko, Redden, N. Hayes, Boyd, Hall, Allmond, Ainger, Borholm, McGregor, P. Raymond, Appleton, Goldsworthy, Poole, Thompson, Ellis, Sinor, Giuffreda, Yarran, Wundke.

Reserves
Gaffney, J. Hayes, Summerton, Enright, M. Raymond, Woods, Georgeson, Elsworthy, Whittlesea, Press, Firns, Rowland, Jolly, Heinjus, Westbrook, Cardone, Batley, Von Bertouch, Baqeri, Smith.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North Empty Re: Trial 3 Fri March 18 @ Thebby Eagles vs North

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:12 am

Ok reserves game has changed to 5.30 pm
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 pm

A post on SA Footy by Wedgie

Eagle up by about 5 goals at half time. Eagles won ressies very comfortably too.
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Good performance against weak opposition for the last trial - only downside has been the poor goal-kicking skills shown over the 3 trials.
James Boyd looks to be back to his best Centrals/South form.
Petrenko has transitioned from a drop-in/drop-out half-forward to a very, classy running midfielder.
Bornholm, now with Redden to help in the ruck, has improved his forward work and should have had 3 goals instead of 1 with kicks just trailing off.
The two emerging stand-out surprises from these trials have been:
(1) Giles Ellis. Tall verstaile wingman/halfback (?189cm), very quick,good overhead and finds the ball. Maybe his long kicking skills sometimes lets him down. But a big improver from last year and certain starter for first game.
(2) Nick Yarran. ? his age ?17 years and possibly AFL draft next year. Pace and skills to burn. Struggles to kick 45 metres but that may improve.  ?  how much he'll be playing many games for us early in the season with likely commitments to the Northern Territory state team and U18s but could be very handy in the latter half of the season
Another player who has taken big strides but played in the Seconds is Jake Summerton. We played a short backline against North with only Luke Thompson above 190cm and it worked well but doubt that we will be able to play so short against Norwood/Port/Adelaide and others, so Summerton will get his chance.
We seem to be amassing a group of "shorties" Boyd, Poole, McGregor, Yarran, Hall - all very good but to fit them all in and keep balance. Reckon there might be 2 players outside this group who haven't cemented their spots.
Disappointing to be missing Lewis with his osteitis pubis and Giles with his foot problem.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:03 am

For what its worth,
We played with 3 on the bench in both games, they played a few extras in both games.
Very different conditions to last week, for all the points that were scored Wundke kicked a pretty good goal from the Robert Muir pocket cheers
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:24 am

Was Wundke injured im not sure he played the entire game .
What I saw fridays night and i did leave the last two minutes was a lot better than what I saw last week. I left the norwood game even earlier that was my first trip to footy since my accident .
Not certain how strong that North side was . What I did think they are trying to play some form of Port Power footy . Their first quarter was really over defensive while the Eagles did attack more than north .From my view the last two weeks Eagles are getting the running game going .
I agree with comments on Players made above , Yarran is still getting there he is very young and he was knocked about at one stage .
Best I can see it was a trial and trials dont count .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:37 am

I should add i saw up to half time of the norwood trial I still have pain and fatigue issues . But Obrien has a bit of grunt and not that nice guy player .
Something the Eagles have needed for awhile .
Redden up forward was trying but I think in the real games the Eagles may use both those boys up forward Bomber took a great mark
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down