Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm

4 posters

Go down

Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm Empty Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Ok Eagles take on South
Will Grocke be fit to play or will they actually play a ruckman from the seconds
Will Rowntree come back to league footy

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm Empty Re: Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Woodville-West Torrens forward Adam Grocke has recovered from concussion to play in Saturday’s Elimination Final against South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
Grocke, who missed the Eagles’ Round 18 clash, has proven his health at training on Wednesday night to line-up for what could potentially be his last game of league football.
‘’He trained full on Wednesday night and the doctor has cleared him to play this week so he’s right to go,’’ Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said of Grocke, who announced last week that he would retire at season’s end.
‘’The plan at the start of the year was to have him (Grocke), (Andrew) Ainger and (Michael) Wundke up there all together and we haven’t had that too much this year with Grockes missing the amount of footy that he has.
‘’It will be great to have all of them up there (in attack).’’
Experienced midfielder Angus Rowntree could play his first league match this season after being included on the extended interchange bench.
Rowntree, who underwent a knee reconstruction last year, has played one game in the reserves since injuring his hamstring earlier this season. The well-built on-baller has played a total of three reserves matches in 2014.
‘’He performed well in the reserves on the weekend so he is a chance to come in this week,’’ Hentschel said.

F: Lloyd, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Allmond, Ainger, Grocke
C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Templeton, Batley
B: Lane, Giuffreda, P. Raymond

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: Rowntree, T. Whittlesea, Kane, Lodge, von Bertouch
IN: Grocke, Rowntree

That answers my questions
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm Empty Re: Elimination Final Saturday 30 th August 7.40 pm

Post by Peter69 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:04 pm

No excuses now! That's just about our best side on paper for the year.
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm

LindsayHead17 wrote:No excuses now! That's just about our best side on paper for the year.

that's so true
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Might go along to Richmond Oval to watch the U18s before heading off to Adelaide Oval.
Can anyone tell me whether the SANFL are charging entrance fee for U18s finals? Thank you.

Hope Patty Guifreda gives up on going inside with short precision kicks. One of our best defenders but he hasn't the kicking skills to do precision stuff and even against Westies, made some real clangers - part of the trouble is that he is so careful, he telegraphs to opposition his intentions. Just kick deep Patty and leave the precision stuff for others!!!!! ? whether he'll take on Eddy in a matchup as he did in last game at Woodville and did a reasonable job.

If we can win 45% of the clearances, we'll win so big responsibility on Bornholm and Co. Lewis, after having an average 2013 and early 2014 has got back to excellent form in past 5 games, despite our losses.In contrast, Luke Powell was one of the reasons for our dominance in the first half of the season but his form has dropped off. And other than the first 3-4 games, Boyd hasn't been influential despite his high possessions - opposition knows he gives away 50 m penalty kicks when pressured so hopefully he can pull his head in for the sake of the team. I know it's a punt, but I would choose Rowntree because with last week's midfield we're going to come up short against Liddle, Cross and Co.
Goldsworthy and McGregor both appear to have responded to being dropped recently to the Seconds. Caleb Lloyd could be the surprise package.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Premiers wrote:Might go along to Richmond Oval to watch the U18s before heading off to Adelaide Oval.
Can anyone tell me whether the SANFL  are charging entrance fee for U18s finals? Thank you.

Hope Patty Guifreda gives up on going inside with short precision kicks. One of our best defenders but he hasn't  the kicking skills to do precision stuff and even against Westies, made some real clangers - part of the trouble is that he is so careful, he telegraphs to opposition his intentions. Just kick deep Patty and leave the precision stuff for others!!!!! ? whether he'll take on Eddy in a matchup as he did in last game at Woodville and did a reasonable job.

If we can win 45% of the clearances, we'll win so big responsibility on Bornholm and Co. Lewis, after having an average 2013 and early 2014 has got back to excellent form in past 5 games, despite our losses.In contrast, Luke Powell was one of the reasons for our dominance in the first half of the season but his form has dropped off. And other than the first 3-4 games, Boyd hasn't been influential despite his high possessions - opposition knows he gives away 50 m penalty kicks when pressured so hopefully he can pull his head in for the sake of the team. I know it's a punt, but I would choose Rowntree because with last week's midfield we're going to come up short against Liddle, Cross and Co.
Goldsworthy and McGregor both appear to have responded to being dropped recently to the Seconds. Caleb Lloyd could be the surprise package.

I wanna pick u on Boyd yes in the past he gave away 50 metres I watched him get punched in the face in front of the umpire and he did not retaliate . I mentioned this a few times on talking footy west guy got reported for it! Not on the day mind you

While I think of it the last two games North and West have really pressured our guys with the Biff . Almond was hammered by north and Kane by both teams and Boyd from west .
I think they seemed to have matured a bit in a few weeks of footy !

Don't be surprised if we pull off an upset . An upset to just about every other SANFL fan
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Well the best side for the year never appeared? I'd call Rowntree the best midfielder at the Club and surely worth playing in a sudden death.
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:39 am

LindsayHead17 wrote:Well the best side for the year never appeared? I'd call Rowntree the best midfielder at the Club and surely worth playing in a sudden death.

I agree another wasted year .I'm getting fed up of only making up the numbers in the finals .
Recruit eagles an experienced ruck man some tall back man fast midfielders
And for all our sakes an attacking game plan
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Time to go Godden, Ainger and probably Boyd.

Well done Powelly on an outstanding career on and off the field. Bit if a shame this type of person/player are becoming a thing of the past at our once great club.
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Throughout the 2000 to 2010 decade, the Eagles managed to keep a core group of leaders together. Perhaps the cost of keeping then together at our club cost us from recruiting other players at time but we the upside was that we had a core of leaders that kept the standards up - I refer to the likes of Paul Lindsay, Colville, McKenzie, Powell, Treeby, Stephen Hall Jarrad, and in later years Greiger, Parry, Grocke.
Who are the 6-7 "core" players who are going to demand the standards of the next 6 years.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Ainger's leadership on display again at the Magarey - smashing the beers, skylarking every time the camera went his way - all while accumulating a grand total 0 votes - the bloke has no shame
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Time for Recruiting Rumours thread again. Probably the most interesting posts for we hopeful supporters, relief from the the pathetic whining of supporters once reality hits during the season.

To get things started:

Nick Hayes Eagles player delisted from Brisbane Bears rookie list. 188cm Forward played in our 2013 U18 Premiership side. Strong overhead but also plays midfield. Could he be the "Westbrook, Inkster" medium forward that we've lacked for 5 years?
Yes, we acknowledge that just because a player comes off an AFL list, doesn't translate into success - the Eagles have had a couple return lately who've failed.
Also no certainty that he would return to the Eagles, being a free agent after delisting. But is it Nick's brother who is presently playing U18s so hopefully brotherly love "draws" him back to Eagles.

Expect Nick Salter will stay a second season at Ainslie which will just about see him out.

But Josh Growden, the delisted GWS player who tried out for GridIron selection. ? whether he's a chance to return.

Fingers crossed that Thurlow, the Queensland 198cm State Ruckman that the Eagles came very close to getting last year will be delisted from Essendon's rookie list.

? whether there will be any good pickings from Port Magpie U18s after they have gone through them with a fine tooth comb, now that the Magpie U18s are defunct for 2015.

Bare minimum target should be: one classy big ruckman, 4 quick midfielders (2 having some size).
Two ruckman even better. Mullins in the Seconds, with his height, shows some potential but still 2 years away. ? whether Mick Godden can woo McGinty from the Bays?

Silly season but go for it.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Premiers wrote:Time for Recruiting Rumours thread again.  Probably the most interesting posts for we hopeful supporters, relief from the the pathetic whining of supporters once reality hits during the season.

To get things started:

Nick Hayes  Eagles player delisted from Brisbane Bears rookie list.  188cm Forward played in our 2013 U18 Premiership side. Strong overhead but also plays midfield.  Could he be the "Westbrook, Inkster"  medium forward that we've lacked for 5 years?
Yes, we acknowledge that just because a player comes off an AFL list, doesn't translate into success - the Eagles have had a couple return lately who've failed.
Also no certainty that he would return to the Eagles, being a free agent after delisting. But is it Nick's brother who is presently playing U18s so hopefully brotherly love "draws" him back to Eagles.

Expect Nick Salter will stay a second season at Ainslie which will just about see him out.

But Josh Growden, the delisted GWS player who tried out for GridIron selection. ? whether he's a chance to return.

Fingers crossed that Thurlow, the Queensland 198cm State Ruckman that the Eagles came very close to getting last year will be delisted from Essendon's rookie list.

? whether there will be any good pickings from Port Magpie U18s after they have gone through them with a fine tooth comb, now that the Magpie U18s are defunct for 2015.

Bare minimum target should be:  one classy big ruckman, 4 quick midfielders (2 having some size).
Two ruckman even better. Mullins in the Seconds, with his height, shows some potential but still 2 years away.  ? whether Mick Godden can woo McGinty from the Bays?

Silly season but go for it.

We have a rumor leavings etc topic i have copied this post into that topic
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down