Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval

+3
BirdOfPrey
MightyEagles
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval Empty Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

This is a really big game for the Eagles !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval Empty Re: Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval

Post by MightyEagles Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Another game that I can get to. WOO HOO
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval Empty Re: Sun July 7 Eagles V North woodville oval

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm

MightyEagles wrote:Another game that I can get to. WOO HOO

that might be the third time I say hi Mighty Eagles Very Happy 
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:10 pm

League – Eagles vs North Adelaide

Round: 14

Date: Sunday 7th July 2013

Time: 2.10pm

Ground: Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

FF Sumner Borholm Petrenko

HF Allmond Ainger Salter

C Jarrad Lewis Hall

HB Day Thompson Heath

FB Raymond Giuffreda Kane

Ruck Heinjus Powell Goldsworthy

Interchange Rowntree Staple Summerton
Poole Carey

Ins Rowntree Petrenko Staple

Outs Stewart (Power)

Reserves – Eagles vs North Adelaide

Round: 14

Date: Sunday 7th July 2013

Time: 11.25am

Ground: Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

FF Appleton Pfitzner Batley

HF Jacquier Grocke Z Fitzgerald

C Joyce P Sinor Lloyd

HB von Bertouch Ellis-Yolmen Muirhead

FB Martyn Culley Ellis

Ruck Huppatz Schwarz Blesing

Interchange J Sinor Lane

Ins Grocke Z Fitzgerald

Outs A Dunstan (U18) Mackenzie (U18)

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Is that really Grockes name I see in the twos?? Will he play?
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 pm

BirdOfPrey wrote:Is that really Grockes name I see in the twos?? Will he play?
think so
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Might be a spot for him in the ones pretty soon if the high paid recruit does not kick a goal soon - just 3 goals in last 4 games?
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

What a game a win is a win !!
LOve beating north
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Mickyj wrote:What a game a win is a win !!
LOve beating north

That's right, you take a win any way you can.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Fan-bloody-tastic! There's no better way to win than that! Although I don't want that to happen every week though Smile I've never seen that before live - I knew there could not have been long to go when the free was paid because the message had gone out not long prior there was one minute left. Seeing the goal umpire go to his right a long way was not good, but the players reactions behind the kick knew it was true.

Patty Giuffreda, take a bow, you were awesome! So was that chase by Salter to get the first goal of the last, that was inspiring stuff. We need the pace of Petrenko every match I think, however I was most impressed by all of the players to bust a gut and rarely give North enough space to outrun us. Again, Borholm is a fine acquisition for us, he has improved dramatically.

One wonders if we can keep this going for a third week in a row, coming off two close matches and a West side who have fallen into a hole for now.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm

spell_check wrote:Fan-bloody-tastic!  There's no better way to win than that!  Although I don't want that to happen every week though Smile I've never seen that before live - I knew there could not have been long to go when the free was paid because the message had gone out not long prior there was one minute left.  Seeing the goal umpire go to his right a long way was not good, but the players reactions behind the kick knew it was true.

Patty Giuffreda, take a bow, you were awesome!  So was that chase by Salter to get the first goal of the last, that was inspiring stuff.  We need the pace of Petrenko every match I think, however I was most impressed by all of the players to bust a gut and rarely give North enough space to outrun us.  Again, Borholm is a fine acquisition for us, he has improved dramatically.

One wonders if we can keep this going for a third week in a row, coming off two close matches and a West side who have fallen into a hole for now.

Agree with you spelly think Bomber has stepped in to parry's shoes very nicely !!
Some of those north players at times were like rabbits caught in the glare of headlights !!
Love the Eagles intensity hope we can have a big win one day these close games are a bit of a BP raiser Laughing 
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Thought Nortyh were cleaner with their takes all day and got their goals with more class but the Eagles work ethic in the conditions was better. North will be hard to beat on a fast deck in September.
Bornholm has improved enormously from his early season form and even undersized Sam Heinjus is doing a job. Disagree with earlier criticism of Ainger re not kicking goals over the previous 3 weeks - thought his game against Port was good, bringing the ball to ground for the crumbers. Geez, he has been our only reliable tall forward this year.
Good to see Kane Mitchell out at the 3/4 time huddle. By the way Kirk is limping, be lucky to see him again this year. Grocke's tendo achilles problem also seems no more advanced than 7 weeks ago.
Rowntree in the Seconds. Was that due to modest form before he sprained his ankle? Was Powell reported for showing dispute with the umpire? May have a few backup points and get a game.  If so, this week expect Rowntree, Appleton, and Mitchell to come in for Powell (possibly suspended), Petrenko (Crows) and Carey.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Another 3 out of 3 weekend - sensational effort - but if the siren had been 5 seconds earlier we'd be really feeling it - have to look forward to Westies now and could be in top 3 on ladder by Saturday night - Fly High Eagles.
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Col D wrote:Another 3 out of 3 weekend - sensational effort - but if the siren had been 5 seconds earlier we'd be really feeling it - have to look forward to Westies now and could be in top 3 on ladder by Saturday night - Fly High Eagles.

That's why IF's and But's are large words in footy CD .
End of the day footy gods smiled on us thank you footy gods Very Happy 
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Agree Premiers - thought Petrenko was a class above on Sunday and deserves to be elevated - also agree we need to loose Carey - his ability to turnover the ball seems to keep the opposition in it!
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Interesting to note the player who kicked the goal which changed the lead in the match for the last time was the same player, as it was last week.  It was Goldsworthys' 100th career goal after the siren, too.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:45 pm

spell_check wrote:Interesting to note the player who kicked the goal which changed the lead in the match for the last time was the same player, as it was last week.  It was Goldsworthys' 100th career goal after the siren, too.
thanks spelly
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down