11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Captain in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain in 2010

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm

email from the club
12/03/2010

Dear Michael,

Further to our email last week regarding the announcement of our Leadership Group, we can now confirm that Mark McKenzie will lead the Eagles as Captain in 2010. It will be his third year as Captain of the Club.

Luke Powell will ably assist as Vice Captain.

On the appointment Mark McKenzie said “I am thrilled that both Michael Godden and the playing group have entrusted me with the responsibility of Captaining our Club this season.

“I am pleased to let our supporters know that there has been a sense of excitement and expectation amongst the playing group throughout the whole pre-season that has us looking forward to starting the year with a bang against Port Adelaide at Woodville Oval”.

Michael Godden added “Mark was the overwhelming choice of our group to Captain this Football Club for the season”.

“We took a different approach from previous years in selecting both the Leadership Group and Captain. This year, all of our players had the opportunity to vote for who they thought exhibited the necessary characteristics to be a part of the Leadership Group and ultimately be Captain”.

“As a Club, we will continue to work with our group to help develop their leadership skills”.

Regards

WWTFC
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

I think that it's a good choice.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglehaslanded Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Great to see Macca get the job again. Powell is a good choice as vice captain too. All round good decision.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2