new captain 2012

3 posters

Go down

new captain 2012 Empty new captain 2012

Post by zest Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:35 pm

The WWTFC is delighted to announce that Luke Powell has been named Captain of the Club for season 2012.

He takes over the Captaincy from Mark McKenzie who was unable to continue in the role after taking up a position with the Hawthorn Football Club that will see him based in Melbourne. Luke Jarrad and Ben Grieger will provide able assistance as Powell’s joint Vice Captains.

On his appointment Powell said "I am thrilled to be appointed as Captain of this Football Club. It is an honour to be given the responsibility and I look forward to leading our Club to further success in 2012 and beyond."

Coach Michael Godden added "Luke was the obvious choice as Captain. He ticks all the boxes in terms of what you want in a leader. His outstanding character, professionalism and the consistency of his on field performance make Luke a perfect fit for the role."

Powell, Jarrad and Grieger have been chosen from a wider Leadership group which includes Justin Cicolella, Adam Grocke, Craig Parry and Aaron Day.

Craig Parry and Aaron Day have been voted into the Leadership Group for the first time by their peers after having stellar 2011 seasons. All other members of this group were involved in 2011.

Please join us in congratulating Luke Powell, Luke Jarrad and Ben Grieger on their respective appointments as well as all of those who have been announced as part of the Club's Leadership Group for 2012.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

new captain 2012 Empty Re: new captain 2012

Post by BirdOfPrey Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Very Happy Very happy , a great choice,well done Luke.
A good hard and tough player who I'm sure will be a good leader.

Plus I'm bias as he is my favorite player.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 am

Congratulations to Luke, a very worthy leader of our footy club.
Not only is he held in high esteem by all Eagle supporters he is very much respected by all opposition teams.
Congratulations also to Craig & Aaron on joining the Leadership Group.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down