Jarrad Wright retires

Go down

Jarrad Wright retires Empty Jarrad Wright retires

Post by zest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

It is with disappointment that we announce the retirement of Jarrad Wright.

On the announcement coach Michael Godden said ‘Jarrad is a popular member of the Club and has the respect of the entire playing group. It’s a shame that injuries have not allowed him to compete at the level he would have liked.’

Wright who returned to the Club after a stint with the Brisbane Lions and South Adelaide was frustrated by persistent injuries and said 'It is with disappointment that I announce my retirement from SANFL Football, unfortunately, over the last couple of years my body has not allowed me to train and play at the level I have wanted to. It has been mentally draining putting in the time and effort getting my body right and it’s something that I couldn’t commit to do for another season.’

He added ‘I have loved my time at the Club and met some wonderful people, also making a lot of great mates along the way. I want to thank the Club and their supporters immensely for sticking by me over the last few years and I wish the boys all the best for this year and beyond.’

The WWTFC thanks Jarrad for his time at the Club and wishes him well for the future.

zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down