Dan Menzel retires

5 posters

Go down

Dan Menzel retires Empty Dan Menzel retires

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:11 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club wishes to advise all its members, sponsors and supporters that last night Daniel Menzel advised the Club his time at the Eagles has come to an end.

Read full story & statements:
https://wwtfc.com.au/news/dan-calls-time/

Please join us in wishing Dan and his partner Ashley all the best with their future endeavours and thank Dan for his outstanding service to the Eagles.

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly2023
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dan Menzel retires Empty Re: Dan Menzel retires

Post by Aerie Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:22 pm

A great career. To be able to add a Ken Farmer, premiership medal and state footy to his career on top of his AFL achievements was well deserved after the horrid run with injury.

Seeing him come out after half time at Prospect last year and he could barely move. His body finally held out on him at SANFL level in the last 12 months after a great start to last season.

Such is his talent that he was a match winner in our last win, but he’s well and truly done and has made the right call. A very worthwhile recruit for the Eagles.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:15 pm

We’ll said Aerie. I wish him and his partner all the best. Will remember his talent for years to come.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm

Agree 100% Aerie

To keep coming back from the multiple setbacks he faced over the years is a credit to him and a great example of what can be done if you set your mind to it.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:59 pm

Thanks Dan for your contribution to the club.

He massively exceeded what I thought he'd bring when first recruited.

From the Club Statement

It has been a challenging year for me personally and whilst I’m disappointed in how it has ended"

Not quite sure what to make of this. Doesn't sound like an amicable departure. Sounds like Sheedy told him he won't be picked for the remainder of the year and Menzel has thought it pointless to wallow in the reserves so informed the club he's hanging up the boots.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:08 pm

Just read on SA Footballer Page on Facebook that Dan will be playing at Padthaway this weekend.
The post says that both Dan and Nathan Studham were denied clearances by the club but were given permits before the June 30th deadline which allows them to play now. (Studham is playing for Mundulla)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:52 am

Ok I won’t reply on SA footy another central fan kicking the eagles over Menzel besides Dan getting more then playing for the reserves also claiming Troy is gone end of the year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down