Craig Parry article from the messenger

3 posters

Go down

Craig Parry article from the messenger Empty Craig Parry article from the messenger

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Craig Parry article from the messenger

http://weekly-times-messenger.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/parry-pumped-to-have-finals-back-on-the-cards/
Parry pumped to have finals back on the cards

03 Mar 10 @ 09:42am by Kym Morgan
Parry pumped to have finals back on the cards

New Eagle Craig Parry couldn't be happier at his new club

CRAIG Parry has barely trained with his new teammates since arriving at Woodville Oval but the move has helped him ``rediscover the love’’ of football.

The former Panther, who crossed to the Eagles at the the end of last season, had shoulder surgery soon after arriving but it hasn’t dampened the excitement of being part of a legitimate finals contender.

``I’ve rediscovered the love of the game, which I had lost for the last couple of seasons,’’ Parry said.

``That’s nothing against South Adelaide, but just because of where the club was it was hard to enjoy your football…

``It might sound selfish but I think that I’ve got about three years of good football left and I want to get as much out of them as I can.

``It’s great to be part of a squad I think can play finals.’’

So motivated is Parry, a multiple state ruckman, that he has not allowed himself a single beer this year, in an effort to assist his shoulder recovery.

``It can be a bit tough when you are at new club and you want to bond with your new teammates and you’re not drinking but the boys have been really supportive of the decision.’’

Parry crossed to the Eagles as a timely replacement for Brad Dabrowski, who left the club during the preseason due to work commitments, but the ex-Panther said he was not assuming the number one rucking spot was his.

``I’ll have to come back through the reserves,’’ said Parry, who hoped to be playing by round six.

``I want to be the number one ruckman but I have to prove to my new club that I’m good enough.’’
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Craig Parry article from the messenger Empty Re: Craig Parry article from the messenger

Post by The Guv Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 pm

I think that what he says about actually enjoying his footy is the key and probably a large part of the battle towards getting back out on the track and enjoying the actual game.

I think also that it isnt the worst thing that can happen for a player and a club to part ways if that does so happen despite what the rumour mills may churn out and what people may say. No offence to SAFC fans, yet any player that moves to a side that is likely to finish in the finals is going to get more opportunities, conversely his leaving enabled Souths to recruit more players in line with their obvious strategy to rebuild their side over 5 years of the coaching tenure.

I think Parry will fall on his feet at the club, yet no doubt we will see soon enough!
The Guv
The Guv

Back to top Go down

Craig Parry article from the messenger Empty Re: Craig Parry article from the messenger

Post by I Love Godsy Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Hope he doesn't fall on his shoulder! Big Punt for mine, but if Godsy likes him, it's good enough for me
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down