EagleRock
zest
Premiers
MightyEagles
spell_check
Mickyj
12 posters

Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August  Prospect Empty North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August Prospect

Post by Mickyj Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 pm

post away people
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August  Prospect Empty Re: North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August Prospect

Post by spell_check Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Goes without saying, we don't win this, we don't deserve the 3rd spot.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August  Prospect Empty Re: North Adelaide vs Eagles Sunday 29th August Prospect

Post by MightyEagles Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

Calling all Eagles supporters to Fortress Woodville this Saturday to see the U18s Eagles face North. Starts at 11.25 am
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:52 pm

? changes this week. Expect the same(Welsh,Powell,Smith) to be missing plus Hentschell.
Layton McMahon looked out of his depth. Aaron Day is just hanging in there but his good 1st Q effort and lack of alternatives might keep him in for another week. Possibly Travis Lane for McMahon and Biglands/Hill for Hentschell.
? whether Mitch Banner is getty a little peeved at not being able to break out of the Eagles reserves after coming back from the AFL. He might be asking for a clearance to another SANFL team next season.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Premiers wrote:? changes this week. Expect the same(Welsh,Powell,Smith) to be missing plus Hentschell.
Layton McMahon looked out of his depth. Aaron Day is just hanging in there but his good 1st Q effort and lack of alternatives might keep him in for another week. Possibly Travis Lane for McMahon and Biglands/Hill for Hentschell.
? whether Mitch Banner is getty a little peeved at not being able to break out of the Eagles reserves after coming back from the AFL. He might be asking for a clearance to another SANFL team next season.

i dont think the club wants him
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Has Trent Hentschell also retired from SANFL as well as AFL? ? the status of his bad back? Might come good in 2-3 weeks?
Oh well, Todd Miles to CHB and Redden or Biglands as Parry's back-up.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Premiers wrote:Has Trent Hentschell also retired from SANFL as well as AFL? ? the status of his bad back? Might come good in 2-3 weeks?
Oh well, Todd Miles to CHB and Redden or Biglands as Parry's back-up.

IT said on 7 he wants to play finals with us .Guess he became an Eagle again when he retired Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Yes,
Good news 5 mins ago on ABC!! - Trent Hentschell reported as saying he expects to be available for the Eagles Finals.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 pm

While we are at it sign ' Rowdy ' up for next year.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 pm

U18s @ Fortress Woodville

Eagles 22.13.145
North 7.7.49
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 am

Weather Wise it should be a great day .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Damn what a loss!!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Well, we probably don't even deserve 5th spot, however, if we do win next week and Norwood win, we are still stuck where we are. Ok, you could say we blew an opportunity, but that would not have arisen if Centrals were not going through their customary flat patch.

We could be a premiership contender if we have pace, a key full forward (Welsh if fit could be the third option), and a quality rover, but we don't. Al things I am confident will be rectified over the summer. But at the moment we are where we realistically should be.

All North fans can gloat about today, but they can see our three sides in the finals while you have a holiday.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Not a great result today...but 3rd spot is still a possibility and with the way the results have been going over the last few rounds...who knows what could happen!

One positive for the day (for those who got there after 2 or who didnt get to the game) was the come from behind win by the ressies...7 goals down at half time it looked like being a very long second half but the boys were fantastic after the break and got up by 6 points..Travis Lane kicked 8 goals to back up his 6 from last week and Peter Hoban just continues to get better, some of his desperation to get to the ball first (and knock blokes over if they were in his way) was sensational.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 am

Columbo wrote:Not a great result today...but 3rd spot is still a possibility and with the way the results have been going over the last few rounds...who knows what could happen!

One positive for the day (for those who got there after 2 or who didnt get to the game) was the come from behind win by the ressies...7 goals down at half time it looked like being a very long second half but the boys were fantastic after the break and got up by 6 points..Travis Lane kicked 8 goals to back up his 6 from last week and Peter Hoban just continues to get better, some of his desperation to get to the ball first (and knock blokes over if they were in his way) was sensational.

A 48 point turn around !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn51 Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:01 am

Travis Lane was amazing in the second half possible league spot next week??? He could just be the small forward we need to get in and under the contests we keep having in the forward line. Adam Grocke was being double teamed all day yesterday and at the drop of the ball was always a north adelaide player.. i think that could be one area they need to work on urgently if we are to beat Sturt this week

Peter Hoban is improving but i think he still needs to get the ball on to his boot sometimes a couple of times yesterday he cost us the ball by handballing to a player who was under a bit of pressure instead of kicking the ball to a target. But hey he is definately improving and more kicking is likely to come with time. Smile

And i would like to add congratulations to the under 18s on an outstanding performance on Saturday great work boys Very Happy
Kaitlyn51
Kaitlyn51

Back to top Go down

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 am

Pathetic effort yesterday - very disappointed in the lack of endeavour & commitment to work hard.

Very disappointing - they would need to improve 70% to have a hope of beating an in form Sturt this week.

I look forward to viewing the reaction @ the selection table & on Sunday.
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 am

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:Pathetic effort yesterday - very disappointed in the lack of endeavour & commitment to work hard.

Very disappointing - they would need to improve 70% to have a hope of beating an in form Sturt this week.

I look forward to viewing the reaction @ the selection table & on Sunday.

Would agree with you LEH
Is it the Centrals hodoo.You know beat Centrals lose the next week either with big heads or like playing a grandfinal!!!

For me our FF line is a worry
Should Lane come back in 14 goals in two weeks perhaps a big yes !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:35 pm

To say that performance was very disappointing is an understatement
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Reddeer wrote:To say that performance was very disappointing is an understatement
Agree. Thanks boys, I dragged myself from a sick bed to support you & that's what you dished up to us.
Fortunately, with no after match presentation you were saved from my anger, although that would have been interesting as I haven't had a voice all week & my sign language isn't the best. silent
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:47 pm

The boys never go out to lose and they would be just as disappointed as you the fans are - probably more so.

We need to be there in force on Sunday showing the boys we are totally with them. Go the

High Flying Eagles
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Col D wrote:The boys never go out to lose and they would be just as disappointed as you the fans are - probably more so.

We need to be there in force on Sunday showing the boys we are totally with them. Go the

High Flying Eagles
Ok CD you've made me feel guilty. Embarassed Perhaps if I'd had a voice I could have vented my anger during the game, but all I could do was stamp my feet in frustration. I think the stand was still there when I left.
You know I'll be there on Sunday, hopefully in a bit better condition than last week, so look out.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:20 pm

Eagle014 wrote:
Col D wrote:The boys never go out to lose and they would be just as disappointed as you the fans are - probably more so.

High Flying Eagles
Ok CD you've made me feel guilty. Embarassed Perhaps if I'd had a voice I could have vented my anger during the game, but all I could do was stamp my feet in frustration. I think the stand was still there when I left.
You know I'll be there on Sunday, hopefully in a bit better condition than last week, so look out.

Personally I think we had somehow gotten big heads (if thats the right expression) after our great win over Centrals .
Hoping the same thing happens to sturt this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Michael Godden – Senior Coach Report

I am writing this report from home tonight, straight after the loss as I feel I need to get it off my chest and move on because this one really hurts.

It’s fair to say today was a day we could have controlled our own destiny and we failed. It doesn’t mean that it’s all over; it just means that today’s result certainly makes it a lot harder for us. The real positive from last week was our evenness of performance and today it was the polar opposite. I am sure that all people that sat through the game, as I did, would all make the observation that we looked disorganised, lethargic, and lacking in skill. All of these observations would be correct, but seven days ago it was a much different story, so that tells me (as if I didn’t already know) that footy is played 90% between the ears and we weren’t ready today, which I must take responsibility for as there is no excuse for this. The positive is this is something we can control and even though it is harder now to make the top three it isn’t impossible.

You would have all seen the amount of North players loose on a turn over as I did, but apart from the fact we shouldn’t have had so many turn over’s it is very difficult playing against a side that doesn’t care if it loses, they will push forward and take risks which at times will come off and today it did for them. This is not an excuse it’s just the reality, and as I said if we took our opportunities we would have been in a position to win and win comfortably, considering the inside 50 count which ended up 54-39 in our favour.

This leads me to my next point which I have mentioned more than once this year, our movement inside 50. This is definitely the part that I need to take full responsibility for; it’s not that I haven’t worked extremely hard with the players on this it’s just that what we have tried hasn’t worked. This area of our game is something that we can do so much better and that will start this Monday night.

So all we can do now is keep pushing hard and except nothing but a full commitment from the group, which once again we expect this week against Sturt.

Craig Smith – Reserves Coach Report

What an emotional roller coaster Sunday turned out to be. Of course it turned out to be very disappointing for the league, and it looked like being an equally bad day for the reserves, for the first half at least.

We discussed before the game how important it was to maintain the momentum we had built up over the previous two weeks, and that both the team collectively and each individual member of the team had plenty of motivation to continue with the good form.

It looked, however, from the very first bounce that North Adelaide were more desperate, and that our boys were a little flat. The score was 6.3 to 3 goals at quarter time and it looked like we were in a little bit of trouble. North gathered further momentum in the second quarter and at half time we had not really fired a shot! We were seven goals down and the score was 11.3 to 4.3.

We made several positional changes at half time and we discussed that we were not out of the game. I could see that the players had genuine belief that we were still capable of turning the game around. We decided that if we could start to turn the momentum of the game in the third quarter we would be kicking with a slight breeze in the last quarter and would have a chance. This is exactly what ended up happening. It was all important that we kicked the first goal of the third quarter and we when we did you could sense some steel within the group. We ended up kicking 7.5 for the quarter. This meant that we were within two goals at three quarter time.

The genuine belief from half time had turned into confidence by the three quarter time huddle and while it took us a little while we finally hit the lead about half way through the last quarter. To North Adelaide’s credit they hit back and took back the lead with only a couple minutes to go. You could have been forgiven for thinking that our boys were going to fall just short, but in a frantic last couple of minutes we managed to scramble a goal to put us back in front. We ended up winning by six behinds. In all we had kicked 10.8 to 3.2 for the second half in what has to be one of our most pleasing performances for the year. While it was an excellent team performance I feel I need to give a special mention to Travis Lane. His 8.4 from a forward pocket was inspirational and good reward for his hard working approach all day.

As a coach I am left scratching my head after the weekend. Why were we so poor in the first half? Why were we so good in the second half? As a group we will try and learn from the weekend’s game and analyze both good and bad. Hopefully what we gained out of the weekend above all else is a belief in our ability to win from anywhere, and confirmation that at our best we can play some very good football. Let’s hope we bring that best from the start this week against the minor premier Sturt.

Terry Hutton – Under 18’s Coach Report

The Eagles were on fire in the 1st quarter, rattling on 9 goals without a miss. Fairclough was playing his first game after a long injury. He used speed to advantage and set up scoring opportunities. Sinor smothered the ball, reacted quickly and gathered to score the 1st goal. Moments later he combined with Fairclough to score the 2nd goal. In the backline Mansell coolly read the play, picked up smoothly, handballed, followed up and delivered the ball to advantage many times. Jacquier stamped his authority on the game with several strong marks at CHF. North had no answer to Jacquier and Von Bertouch up forward as they combined well, VB reading off the pack and H/B to M.J. for an easy goal. Drogmuller, with confidence, attacked directly at CHB and rebounded long to the forwards. Goss played his 1st game in months after recovering from injury, played intelligently in the Ruck and took several fine marks. Cunningham at FB read the flight to marked strongly, exited the ball from defence to Appleton who gave a fine pass down the wing to set up another goal attack. Sutcliffe was proving a handful as roamed across the ground, picking up many kicks, combined with Toumpas sharp pass, and found Jacquier in space to record goal 6. Poole was in and under as always, chasing down North, using HB to advantage then running on to record Goal 9.

The1st quarter was some of the best team play I’ve see for a long while with hard run and carry as well as back up. The only blemish was we allowed their gritty play to score 4 goals……No one yelled to Drogmuller who was slow to dispose of the ball and gave away a free for their 1st goal. Goal 2 came from full back when the ball in the square should have been punched through not brought down to the front. Goal 3 came from the on ballers and back men watching and waiting around the ball on the ground and so allowed the nippy little North players to set up handballs and score. Goal 4 came from OUR soft tap backwards allowing North to run on without defensive pressure being exerted.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter saw the Eagles run out easy victors. We allowed them only 2 goals in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

All players became involved in the game… Dunstan 20 metre chase in the forward to tackle the North was inspirational, some of Appleton strong foot passes hit his teammate on the chest, Toumpas attack on the ball and pick up resulted in G21. Batley, using speed to advantage, ran through the centre, bouncing and carrying the ball forward on several occasions. Hobbs took many fine strong marks around the centre and forward line. Growden after a fumbly start, started to find plenty of the ball and kick to advantage. Broadbent scouted the packs, read the play, was in the right position to create many attacks. The back line under the guidance of Brusnahan and backed up by Schwarz repelled many attacks and combined well to run the ball out of defence. They were rarely beaten. Daly regained confidence with strong direct decision making and clean marks. Summerton took on the role or relieving Goss in the Ruck and proved valuable with his contesting. Batty came in as a replacement for Joyce who was called up by the reserves. His courageous attack on the ball and run through the centre of the ground were invaluable. Sinor read off packs to pick up the loose ball and to score 4 goals.

We need to work on CLEANER CLEARANCES from scrimmages, stronger SPOILING if we are caught behind, more use of VOICE and be the eyes of team mates if they are pressure, spreading our leads in the forwards and not flying and SPOILING EACH OTHER, PICKING UP more sharply when the opposition run the ball out of our forward line with short controlled

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down