Aerie
spell_check
zest
Mickyj
9 posters

Go down

North game review Empty North game review

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:24 pm

What a game to watch.We were awful in the first half .The umpires and our mistakes kept North in the game.
Then in a turn around eagles players who were not seen suddenly awoke !!!
Hentschel impressed
Hoben took a big step forward some of his work when the ball was on the ground .On the wing in front of me was just great.
Rimmington 3 goals after half time what a way to celebrate a goal
Daniel 2 or 3 goals both these two played a small forwards roll.
Lewis work up and explode with the ball.
Parry was just great.
Rowntree was good in patches.
Luke jarrad had good patches .
Tod Miles woke up and produced after 1/2 time.
Cheers
Mick
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

North game review Empty Re: North game review

Post by zest Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:40 pm

daniels improved a lot this year. He makes some mistakes but atleast he was getting the ball and seemed to kick it well, just needs to have more confidence in his kicking.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Forgot to mention Geddes any word on his injury ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Daniel really had a dip today, laid some good tackles and was desperate for the ball. Besides from Centrals heading toward the inevitable, the main and worst factor of the season has been the approach of certain clubs to make the game unwatchable. Three sides in particular.

It's no wonder I look back to 2006 with so much fondness, not just because it was our year.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:47 pm

spell_check wrote:Daniel really had a dip today, laid some good tackles and was desperate for the ball. Besides from Centrals heading toward the inevitable, the main and worst factor of the season has been the approach of certain clubs to make the game unwatchable. Three sides in particular.

It's no wonder I look back to 2006 with so much fondness, not just because it was our year.

Wednesday nights training session could have something to do with Daniels tackling .Along with Staples in the seconds .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:50 pm

To further add to it, the rushed behind rule is complete BS. Stewart today is an example of players being afraid of giving away a free when rushing a behind. 2006/07 will probably be remembered as the last years the SANFL was more or less independent from the AFL. Now in the past two/three we've had the Under 18s comp come in, players like Polec being wasted playing against others his age, and this rushed behind rule for starters. And more coaches coming into the comp trying to aspire to be an AFL coach.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:53 pm

spell_check wrote:To further add to it, the rushed behind rule is complete BS. Stewart today is an example of players being afraid of giving away a free when rushing a behind. 2006/07 will probably be remembered as the last years the SANFL was more or less independent from the AFL. Now in the past two/three we've had the Under 18s comp come in, players like Polec being wasted playing against others his age, and this rushed behind rule for starters. And more coaches coming into the comp trying to aspire to be an AFL coach.

The under 18 rule sucks, but it would be hard to rely on these players anyway as they would be in and out of the team.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:09 pm

zest wrote:
spell_check wrote:To further add to it, the rushed behind rule is complete BS. Stewart today is an example of players being afraid of giving away a free when rushing a behind. 2006/07 will probably be remembered as the last years the SANFL was more or less independent from the AFL. Now in the past two/three we've had the Under 18s comp come in, players like Polec being wasted playing against others his age, and this rushed behind rule for starters. And more coaches coming into the comp trying to aspire to be an AFL coach.

The under 18 rule sucks, but it would be hard to rely on these players anyway as they would be in and out of the team.

I don't mind that, but U18 players who were good enough to play League only missed 5 matches at worst a few years ago. Now it's over half the season. Playing scratch matches for the better part.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:38 pm

spell_check wrote:
zest wrote:

I don't mind that, but U18 players who were good enough to play League only missed 5 matches at worst a few years ago. Now it's over half the season. Playing scratch matches for the better part.

Some very good juniors in the seconds today including number 1.
Described as looking like Cica when he ran and walked .Young Angus Poole has a long way to go to get from 1 to 51 but he's on his way.played very well today.
Rainer looked good
Flanigan (spelling sorry) he looked good.
. J Growden big wraps on this kid and he produced .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 pm

zest wrote:daniels improved a lot this year. He makes some mistakes but atleast he was getting the ball and seemed to kick it well, just needs to have more confidence in his kicking.

I thought he played really well in the finals series last year. Must admit I thought he'd never make the grade and wondered why Fuller kept picking him. He has proven me wrong.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:50 pm

I’m not sure what to make of today’s game. Hentschel, Thompson and Stewart were solid in the backline. Cica and Powell were reliable in the midfield and Rimmo surprised up forward. But what an ugly game, does Godden have AFL aspirations or something – what’s with all the kicking backwards BS. How many times did the team seem to have no idea what to do with the ball. Even Cica was kicking either sideways or backwards. Lucky we only played an insipid North team and not Sturt this week. Godden has got to get the game plan sorted!
The Ressies looked very good today. They are developing nicely. Even the kids who played with confidence and maturity. Flanagan, Poole and Growden will be players of the future. I was also impressed by Seb’s ruck work, he completely dominated.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:24 pm

U18s result

Eagles 16.11.107
North 5.4.34

Not as big margin like it was last time, whoever decided 'let's have an u18s game at 5 pm at Prospect must have rocks in their head as the lighting isn't up to standard and Prospect isn't ready to have any night game at any level. According to Champion Data we got 2 rushed goals.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 pm

MightyEagles wrote:U18s result

Eagles 16.11.107
North 5.4.34

Not as big margin like it was last time, whoever decided 'let's have an u18s game at 5 pm at Prospect must have rocks in their head as the lighting isn't up to standard and Prospect isn't ready to have any night game at any level. According to Champion Data we got 2 rushed goals.

How do u rush a goal ?
And it was down right dark in the last quarter of the league
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 pm

That's what we were asking ourselves after we got the stats sheet after the game. I had trouble seeing the ball with the lights on during the u18s.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Flash wrote:I’m not sure what to make of today’s game. Hentschel, Thompson and Stewart were solid in the backline. Cica and Powell were reliable in the midfield and Rimmo surprised up forward. But what an ugly game, does Godden have AFL aspirations or something – what’s with all the kicking backwards BS. How many times did the team seem to have no idea what to do with the ball. Even Cica was kicking either sideways or backwards. Lucky we only played an insipid North team and not Sturt this week. Godden has got to get the game plan sorted!
The Ressies looked very good today. They are developing nicely. Even the kids who played with confidence and maturity. Flanagan, Poole and Growden will be players of the future. I was also impressed by Seb’s ruck work, he completely dominated.

If i had a dollar for all the supporters who yell "kick it forward".... or "don't kick it backward"...... If we were watching football from the 1960's when I grew up I could understand but this is 2010 and Clubs like North and West get numbers behind the ball constantly.... Not sure that Godden has AFL aspirations but what he does have is a plan to try and break down the Clubs who get numbers behind the ball - it doesnt include bombing it long. So, although there is alot of fine tuning to be done with the 'game plan' I think we might have to give the benefit of the doubt over the previous 2 weeks where we have played against two teams with coaches who CLEARLY have AFL aspirations.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Zak Fitzgerald. Thought this kid showed real poise for a tall-medium earlier in the season with the seconds. Noticed he was best player in the State U18s for the SECOND TIME. Probably won't see him playing League this year because of the position he plays - we're loade up with talls in our forward line. A likely AFL prospect. Bad luck about Hentschel's hamstring - can't take a trick, not to mention Geddes in career best form befor again succumbing to a serious injury - only played about 20 games in 4 seasons due to serious injuries.
? where Baaner fits in. when he is dropped by Power, we're obliged to play him for the first week in the league and yet he would not have been promoted on his Seconds form - sort of coming back into the team through a loop-hole.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm

carrots12 wrote:
Flash wrote:I’m not sure what to make of today’s game. Hentschel, Thompson and Stewart were solid in the backline. Cica and Powell were reliable in the midfield and Rimmo surprised up forward. But what an ugly game, does Godden have AFL aspirations or something – what’s with all the kicking backwards BS. How many times did the team seem to have no idea what to do with the ball. Even Cica was kicking either sideways or backwards. Lucky we only played an insipid North team and not Sturt this week. Godden has got to get the game plan sorted!

If i had a dollar for all the supporters who yell "kick it forward".... or "don't kick it backward"...... If we were watching football from the 1960's when I grew up I could understand but this is 2010 and Clubs like North and West get numbers behind the ball constantly.... Not sure that Godden has AFL aspirations but what he does have is a plan to try and break down the Clubs who get numbers behind the ball - it doesnt include bombing it long. So, although there is alot of fine tuning to be done with the 'game plan' I think we might have to give the benefit of the doubt over the previous 2 weeks where we have played against two teams with coaches who CLEARLY have AFL aspirations.

I agree with carrots here we need to let the players play the game plan .
I'm tired of hearing eagles fans complaining about hand ball when clearly we as a club are trying to play a running style of game.I understand we as a club haven't for the last ten years had that style of game plan.And us Fans will need time to adjust, well i have some of our other fans need to .

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Premiers wrote:Zak Fitzgerald. Thought this kid showed real poise for a tall-medium earlier in the season with the seconds. Noticed he was best player in the State U18s for the SECOND TIME. Probably won't see him playing League this year because of the position he plays - we're loade up with talls in our forward line. A likely AFL prospect. Bad luck about Hentschel's hamstring - can't take a trick, not to mention Geddes in career best form befor again succumbing to a serious injury - only played about 20 games in 4 seasons due to serious injuries.
? where Baaner fits in. when he is dropped by Power, we're obliged to play him for the first week in the league and yet he would not have been promoted on his Seconds form - sort of coming back into the team through a loop-hole.

Zak may well play league before the year is out .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Thought we overpossessed the footy in the first half,but when we moved the ball quicker and became more direct in the second half we split Norths defence wide open at times.Sadly (as a spectacle ) teams like West and Norwood play a very ugly flooding game and on most occasions are only winning by small margins.Am confident with our evolving game plan and our list of classy forwards we will overcome these teams later in the year.Looking forward to the game against Sturt this week.Win this and we are a big chance for top three.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down