West game review

5 posters

Go down

West game review Empty West game review

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm kind of in shock not upset and not not upset .
not certain what to say!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West game review Empty Re: West game review

Post by EagleRock Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 am

Disappointed with todays result.Cicca absolutely outstanding.Would like to see a more committed defensive action by some of our players.No Salter or Welsh certainly did not help and Grocke did not look 100%.Hope Biglands plays on,has not got touch yet but wih a few more games under his belt will be a great aquisition.
Very concerned about the standard of our umpiring,reckon its the worst I have ever seen!
Does anyone know why Welsh did not play?
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Injured I think. finger or something.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Disappointing result but considering the players we lost it could have been worse.
Schulz kicking 7 yesterday will keep him in Chocco's good books for at least another week, hopefully we get Welsh back.
His injury was a thigh during training late on Friday night.
Surely a record must have been set on Saturday afternoon. The great little man Cica rec'd 5 frees from his 'friends' in white. I remember him getting two in the last quarter that looked a bit iffy, but who cares, they were crucifying us as usual.
As mentioned previously by EagleRock the standard of umpiring is deplorable & has been towards us since the game against North Adelaide.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Match Report

Eagles 8.7 (55) were defeated by West Adelaide 10.5 (65)

Full Match Results

19/06/2010 Rnd 13
Eagles vs West Adelaide

By Peter Argent

In a ultra defensive game, where the Eagles only had two goals to half time, despite having their chances later in the contest Woodville West Torrens went down to the Bloods by 10 points in a emotive day at Richmond.

Despite having more inside 50s, more clearances and more possessions than their opponents, the Eagles couldn’t get the job done. Interestingly they were 17 points down at each of the first two breaks, and were still within three goals at lemons.

At the 15 minute mark of the final term, the Eagles were just three points in arrears, before Ryan Bennett took a contested mark against Ben Grieger and the resultant goal virtually sealed the win.

Coach Michael Godden suggested the midfield and defence won over the majority of the day, but the Club couldn’t find enough avenues in attack with a makeshift forward structure.

After losing both Nick Salter and Jay Schulz to the Power and the late withdrawal of Scott Welsh on Friday night with a “driver”, along with Adam Grocke playing under duress, after a spider bite and spending 48 hours in hospital on a drip, the forward structure was only able to kick eight goals.

Brad Geddes, across half back played his best game for the Club and was Eagles best closely followed by teenager Angus Rowntree across the middle and up forward and evergreen veteran Justin Cicolella.

Godden explained that 200 gamer Cicolella was the most influential player on the ground.

Luke Jarrad, used the ball well, giving his side plenty of run and carry, along with being the only multiple goal kicker for Woodville West Torrens.

Matthew Broadbent and team leader Mark McKenzie both had an impact on proceedings as well.

A late call up, Todd Miles competed manfully all day as well.

Crows best and fairest from 2009 Bernie Vince was double teamed all game and while he collected his share of the ball, he didn’t have a major impact.

Needing to get stability into their side, the Eagles had another seven changes for this contest.

In Round 14 the Eagles need to return to the winners circle. This is a crucial game for both Clubs at Prospect Oval, when Woodville West Torrens takes on the sixth place North Adelaide.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn51 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Cica played really well as has been for the past few weeks. It seemed to me that we were chasing most of the day instead of being infront at the contests. It also seemed like on their kickouts there were free players on the ground leaving a opening for them to clear the ball and rebound it back to their forward line relatively quickly and uncontested.

I also agree with EagleRock about the standard of umpiring in the SANFL it is disgraceful and something needs to be done about it.
Kaitlyn51
Kaitlyn51

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Kaitlyn51 wrote:Cica played really well as has been for the past few weeks. It seemed to me that we were chasing most of the day instead of being infront at the contests. It also seemed like on their kickouts there were free players on the ground leaving a opening for them to clear the ball and rebound it back to their forward line relatively quickly and uncontested.

I also agree with EagleRock about the standard of umpiring in the SANFL it is disgraceful and something needs to be done about it.

Welcome Aboard Kaitlyn51 I think everyone on here would agree that we need a team full of cica's.
And the umpiring since the North game has been shocking!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am

The umpires in the 18s isn't the best either.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn51 Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm

MightyEagles wrote:The umpires in the 18s isn't the best either.

i noticed that on the weekend when the under 18s played after the league game
Kaitlyn51
Kaitlyn51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down