Go down

Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May Empty Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May

Post by Mickyj Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 pm

post away guys .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May Empty Re: Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May

Post by Mickyj Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 pm

No Salter no Grocke
In comes Day to cover Grocke .
Does that mean an early in being Parry?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May Empty Re: Glenelg vs Eagles Saturday 15th May

Post by Flash Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I would like to see Parry and Thommo come in for Salts and Adam.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 am

Can't see thompson comming in as a forward .but I can see day and dawson coming in as forwards
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 pm

The team (as posted on the club website)

F: Treeby Welsh Cheep
HF: Thompson Day Goldsworthy
C: Rowntree Powell Geddes
HB: McKenzie Miles Jarrad
B: J.Stewart Grieger Hill
R: Parry Cicolella Broadbent
Int: Lewis Heinjus Allmond

In: Parry, Day, Thompson, Broadbent, Heinjus
Out: Salter, Grocke, Schulz, Banner, Guilhaus

So that's Sam Heinjus in for his debut; Parry and Day for their club debuts; Broadbent back from a week doing nothing and Thompson recalled from the Reserves. I wonder if Banner was dropped in response to his part in that failed party trick in the last quarter?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 13, 2010 6:29 pm

spelly I don't have the budget here .Is this Day's first league game?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Burton out for the Crows but won't play with us accodring to Crows site, Knighta supposedly training ok but not picked for the Crows either.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 13, 2010 6:45 pm

No idea how to feel about our side .I'm in shock I think
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Day played 3 games for Glenelg. Wonder why Burton wouldn't be with us?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 13, 2010 6:49 pm

According to Craig he needs to rest his knee.Why play him last week if it was injured !!

A very big test this week guys .

Heinjus has been doing ok as step in ruckman at the Centre bounces .Plays up forward as well.Not what you would expect
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

how dawson doesn't get a game i will never know??

need a bag from cheep and Goldsworthy this week and hope that we can hold them to a low score
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Dawson just lacking a bit of consistency at the moment I reckon. He reminds me a lot of Burtie with his leap and the way he seems to make simple stuff look exciting and/or over complicated. Last year was a killer for him, missed more than he played and I think that has really hurt him, has done some good things in the 2's this year but needs to do it week in week out.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Zest - are you kidding regarding Dawson???? He is just not up to it.

Can't see who else we could have brought in really.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Can't see Dawson is any where near League Selection at the moment. Where would you play him? He's too short and light for a key forward position and has failed when played as a small (HF flanker, wingman). Yes he's very quick on a lead but he has no side-step or evasive skills. He takes the hanger against Seconds standard full-backs. If the Seconds coach Craig Smith wants to win games, he plays Dawson at full forward- if he wants to better Dawson's chances of league selection, he puts him out to a HF flank and teaches him how to play it - trouble with that is that kids like Jared Polec are missing out.

Congratulations to young Sam Heinjus. Obviously too short for a ruckman at 193 cm, he's spring-heeled and could develop into a good key forward. Due to injuries, he's been promoted before his time and I would expect the Glenelg ruckman to take him apart. However, he might take back pocket, Hill to CHB and Miles as the back-up for Parry. Gee, our team has been devastated with forcrd changes!!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Brett Burton line up at CHF with Day relegated yet again to the Seconds. If Burton was resting his knee, then I would have expected the Crows to list him as injured to save the "controversy" of dropping him.

Mitch Banner has disappointed since his return from the Power - I was expecting him to part answer our small man deficiency around the ball but agree with the selectors that he need a few games in the Bs.

Broadbent's return is timely and Luke Thompson has been playing good footy at HF in the Bs. Will be a massive win if we can upset the Bays in this one.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Thompson aint a forward hes a backman, when he plays up forward he gets lost, at least dawson kicks goals.

but all this dont matter if he plays down back lol
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Broadbent is more than adequate to cover Banner - that's one change covered
Parry is a good swap for Guilhaus (providing he is fully fit and ready - this was the week he was going to come back) - another change covered
Heinjus would in a sense replace Grocke as a back up ruckman/forward player
Day is the player who replaces him in a positional sense (CHF) but also replaces Schulz
Then that leaves Thompson to replace Salter

Out of that, the biggest losses in the side are Salter and Grocke - you may say the Power would have picked Salter, but it was probably going to be Schulz picked this week anyway

My first and foremost concern is whether or not the forward line selected will give enough cover for Welsh like it has so far. The tall timber around him in matches gone enabled the side to go to either player with confidence. Day and Thompson have a big task ahead of them this week.

Last edited by spell_check on Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopeful Jelly Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

This is the start of a massive month before the bye that can either setup our season for a top 3 finish or see us fall back into the pack with about 4 or 5 other teams.

In particular this week:
- win and we remain at least 2 games clear of all except Central, including 3 games ahead of Glenelg, North or Norwood, and at least 2.5 games clear of Sturt.
- lose and we're only one game ahead of Glenelg and others, before playing Centrals the following week.

With the players currently out and possibly losing Greiger and Hill before the game, this is going to be a huge test but also a huge opportunity for those coming into the team. Playing at the smaller Glenelg Oval, hopefully the talls coming in can at least provide a contest and our crumbers (Goldsworthy, Cheep, etc) get plenty of the ball. This is also the perfect opportunity for Treeby to get back into some form maybe as a leading forward out a pocket next to Welsh.
Hopeful Jelly
Hopeful Jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Port have named Daniel Stewart also so Schulz may not be a definate out, having said that the bays have both Carr and Hitchcock listed as outs, as they dont play til Sunday who knows what they will do.
Smaller ground may not have suited all of our talls so it should make for an intersting game...Greiger will be a massive loss if he doesnt come up.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by EaglesFan18 Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

What about Burton being dropped. Is He injured, or can he come into the side?
EaglesFan18
EaglesFan18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 14, 2010 9:21 am

Spell check and Hopefull jelly (if I am permitted to use your name ).Make some very good points .
Personally if Grieger was not going to play I would have thought we may have named a permanent backman from the seconds.Saying that Thomopson is not a full back doesn't have the body strength to do the job .At this stage of his development.
Versatility being the key to "gods" game plan some of our tall's can play down back or up forward.Actually all our tall's can .
And if young Sam plays up forward now that may upset the bays back men.He's young fast not really tall enough for a ruckman in the afl but could fill in the second spot this week.

I'm still worried but Parry looked good last week .He missed the preseason but ran lap after lap and spent hour after hour on the bike .I hope this is not one big gamble !!

I should make training to see who is an in and who is an out.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm

EaglesFan18 - no Burton in the Eags team this week as far as I know.

Hopefully he comes back through the SANFL and gets a few games under his belt though.
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri May 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Umpires this week.

Reserves Umpires

Field:- Matthew Johnston, Mark Hardham and Patrick Lally
Boundary:- R. England and T. Knight
Goal:- R. Tainish and J. Atkinson

League Umpires

Field:- Theron Philp, Tony Dey and Anthony Crosby
Boundary:- S. Wilson, M. Zacher and R. Crouch
Goal:- S. Riggs and S. Hoskin
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down