Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

4 posters

Go down

Eagles v Glenelg  Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 am

This could be the hardest team the Eagles have faced so far in the 2017 season
Hopefully the Eagles keep going like they have all season a good lead up game to face port
Run and out muscling teams
This week Eagles kick straight for goals please

Two games at home this week
Seconds 11,25 or 11.30
League 2.10

Come on fans get behind the boys hopefully a bigger crowd this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg  Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Tue May 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Looking forward to the game. Anyone know if we have a full squad to pick from? They must have played well to beat the magpies but I think we will win by 24 points but any win is good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg  Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 13 May Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 pm

goddy11 wrote:Looking forward to the game. Anyone know if we have a full squad to pick from? They must have played well to beat the magpies but I think we will win by 24 points but any win is good.

good question
Was hoping Rowntree was coming back soon
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed May 10, 2017 7:00 am

If the club website is correct we are looking good. date 8th May
Player                       Injury      Estimated Return
Joe Heinjus                 AC Joint           Test
Pat Giuffreda               Calf             Available
Andrew Georgeson      Ankle               Test

Mickyj, If Paddy or Gus come back, who do you see dropping out. PG certainly is tough as nails, perhaps B grade for a week or so to get match fit. Our defence has been good, some hard decisions coming up.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 am

goddy11 wrote:If the club website is correct we are looking good. date 8th May
Player                       Injury      Estimated Return
Joe Heinjus                 AC Joint           Test
Pat Giuffreda               Calf             Available
Andrew Georgeson      Ankle               Test

Mickyj, If Paddy or Gus come back, who do you see dropping out. PG certainly is tough as nails, perhaps B grade for a week or so to get match fit. Our defence has been good, some hard decisions coming up.

Paddy im not sure does he come straight back in or through the seconds
Gus could replace JAKE COMITOGIANNI maybe
Our backline has been working well Sinor Summerton and Wood or Woods i forget which one have been working well
And our entire team is a little short
Anyone else have thoughts
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 am

Wow Jake was named Bog in some reports. Paddy will replace 1 of those 3.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:Wow Jake was named Bog in some reports. Paddy will replace 1 of those 3.

well i can only say what i see
the other jake was good
And LAchy came good second half
honestly i hate picking whose in and out
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Yeah, no way you can omit Jake C - he was my best player last week

Very tough to really omit anyone really, I'd hate to be the selection panel!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 am

spell_check wrote:Yeah, no way you can omit Jake C - he was my best player last week

Very tough to really omit anyone really, I'd hate to be the selection panel!

just like you cant really drop Sinor or Summerton for Guf to come back in
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Woodville-West Torrens defender Matt Goldsworthy is relishing his role changes on and off the field as he builds up for his 150th Macca’s League match on Saturday.

Making his Macca’s League debut for the Eagles in Round 18, 2008, Goldsworthy spent a large portion at the start of his career as a crumbing forward.

But since the start of 2015, the 25-year-old has quickly become a accustomed to streaming off the half-back line with his neat left-foot kick.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, the Yorke Peninsula product said he was looking forward to his milestone match against Glenelg at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.Originally from Curramulka, Goldsworthy has also shifted focus off the field, replacing former team-mate Luke Jarrad as the club’s Marketing and Partnerships Manager.

One of his key promotions is the Eagles’ ”Pick a Picket” campaign, which offers fans, sponsors and members the chance to purchase their own plaque to have placed on a picket at the Oval Avenue ground.

For $120, the plaque can be placed in a variety of locations and selected in a variety of colours – yellow, blue or green.

With Mother’s Day closing in on Sunday, Goldsworthy is considering a last minute gift for his Mum – with a number of plaques already in place at Woodville.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 am

For any of you that follow the reserves. Is the any info on Luke Hoare. He kicked 7 in the first 2 matches. ???
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 12, 2017 11:37 am

goddy11 wrote:For any of you that follow the reserves. Is the any info on   Luke Hoare. He kicked 7 in the first 2 matches. ???

I was told at the Anzac day game he was or is a junior
Also was told he was injured not sure what the injury is Goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 14, 2017 11:05 am

OK time for a review of that game i was worried it was going to be a very hard fought game.
First quarter of the seconds game backed that up . Roughly ten minutes into the second things change .The league what can we say our ex bays players put the nail into seal the bays in .
There was very little fight from the bays our Eagles just kept going .
Was nice that Bomber and Hayes went very well in the ruck
Small guys were too fast
Sinor has taken the flashes job
What can i say expected a tough hard fight that never happened
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 14, 2017 11:27 am

I had tickets to the Crows so unfortunately chose poorly and instead watched the game on my Digital pass. We were just too good. Our defence is the heart of the side. impassable. Watching the game I thought Gus Poole was our best. Down in and under but looking at the stats, his efforts did not really show up.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 am

goddy11 wrote:For any of you that follow the reserves. Is the any info on   Luke Hoare. He kicked 7 in the first 2 matches. ???
I made enquiries regarding Luke Hoare and apparently he is from the country area and due to work commitments is unable to commit to the training required
I think that the same thing with Brett Ellis who has gone back to play country football
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 14, 2017 12:26 pm

That's the issue with all footballers coming here in our current environment. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think O'Brien went back because of employment. More money in the country than playing SANFL reserves or even League.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 15, 2017 7:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:That's the issue with all footballers coming here in our current environment. Correct me if I'm wrong.  I think O'Brien went back because of employment. More money in the country than playing SANFL reserves or even League.

not sure with Obrien but i think he put the club right off imports
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down